Internet without cable TV

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Default Internet without cable TV

My sister and I are busy fixing up our new home. We would be very interested in advice about Internet and cable. We are trying to figure out how to just subscribe to Internet and then use an apple tv box or an antenna or whatever. Hope there are informed "villagers" who can shed some light on the topic. Thanks Lorraine
Old 01-18-2015, 10:02 PM
Veteran member

I would like too know what one can pick up with the HD antenna
Old 01-18-2015, 10:32 PM
Gold member
Default HD antenna=zero programs for this area....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerner52 View Post
I would like too know what one can pick up with the HD antenna
there are websites(google it)that have you enter your zip code and they give you receivable channels based on signal strength....there are none for this area...tv station's not near enough and signal to weak.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:33 PM
Gold member
Default You know this is the "Lost and Found" forum right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbertoni View Post
My sister and I are busy fixing up our new home. We would be very interested in advice about Internet and cable. We are trying to figure out how to just subscribe to Internet and then use an apple tv box or an antenna or whatever. Hope there are informed "villagers" who can shed some light on the topic. Thanks Lorraine
scroll further down to post in a forum that might get you an answer....hint:you have to do some reading...
Old 01-18-2015, 10:57 PM
Sage

We pick up NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, and three different PBS stations with our antenna, along with numerous religious, shopping and Spanish language stations. We are close to 466A.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:27 AM
Gold member

There is an advertiser on this site VillagesAV or something similar - might be able to help. Perhaps he'll see this and reply to you.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thats what we do. We have internet access only through CenturyLink (fiber to the house). We use two Roku boxes to stream video from the internet - mostly Netflix and Hulu+. We also have an over-the-air antenna in our attic and we pull in about 50 channels from Orlando although we are really only interested in ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. The over-the-air antenna was installed by Tom of TheVillagesAV.com. The cellphone coverage can be a bit spotty so we use an Ooma box for voice-over-IP phone through the internet connection - works well and is less than $4/month (taxes and 911 fee) - much lower cost than a regular landline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbertoni View Post
Old 01-19-2015, 07:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We pull in about 50 channels from Orlando with an antenna mounted in our attic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
there are websites(google it)that have you enter your zip code and they give you receivable channels based on signal strength....there are none for this area...tv station's not near enough and signal to weak.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:24 AM

Thank you all for responding. I appreciate all the information and help. Keep the info coming. Lorraine
Old 01-19-2015, 07:36 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Hi Lorraine, give me a call. We have lots to talk about.

With a Comcast Internet only plan @ $29.99 per month with no contract you'll get 25Mbps down/5Mbps up and 62 channels of TV including ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS and Fox all in High Definition for free.

If you don't want Comcast, I also do attic antenna installations with a very high success rate.

Full Disclosure, I'm a Comcast dealer.

Call me when you get time. I'm extremely busy and try to answer calls throughout the day but sometimes it's difficult. If you get my voice mail, leave a message, I will call you back.

Thanks,

Tom

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 01-19-2015, 08:58 AM

Thanks Tom,
I will be calling.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesAV.com View Post
Hi Lorraine, give me a call. We have lots to talk about.

With a Comcast Internet only plan @ $29.99 per month with no contract you'll get 25Mbps down/5Mbps up and 62 channels of TV including ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS and Fox all in High Definition for free.

If you don't want Comcast, I also do attic antenna installations with a very high success rate.

Full Disclosure, I'm a Comcast dealer.

Call me when you get time. I'm extremely busy and try to answer calls throughout the day but sometimes it's difficult. If you get my voice mail, leave a message, I will call you back.

Thanks,

Tom
How do you figure Comcast internet is only $29.99 a month? I've had it for years and I pay $76.95 with the modem lease.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
How do you figure Comcast internet is only $29.99 a month? I've had it for years and I pay $76.95 with the modem lease.
I too pay Comcast $66.95/mo because I own my own modem. So how are these $29.95 prices being quoted. I think it must be some kind of bait or new customer incentive. Anyone know?
Old 02-05-2015, 03:18 PM

It was for 25 MPS and $39.99 for 50 MPS After a year it goes up by $15. I saw it on their site the other day and it was for new customers in The Villages. It's not there today but I think that is because they track you with cookies lol.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:43 PM

Isn't the $29.99 per month an Introductory rate? We paid that until the last bill we received and it went up to about $65.00. Are your fees different? We are looking elsewhere as we only use it for Internet and feel $65 is too much.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.