Inventory of preowned homes going up ?

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2022, 08:41 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Inventory of preowned homes going up ?

I don’t have the data to say that preowned homes sales in the Villages have come to a slow down. However, there are now a lot more homes listed for sale on the Villages internet sales site. Has anyone else noticed this? A few homes that I have been tracking have also reduced their listing price. This situation is quite a change for just three months ago.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:49 AM

I believe that's what's happening for two reasons. First, this time of year inventory typically increases and Second, intrest rates have gone up so there are less people looking for homes, especially overpriced homes.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,660 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I don’t have the data to say that preowned homes sales in the Villages have come to a slow down. However, there are now a lot more homes listed for sale on the Villages internet sales site. Has anyone else noticed this? A few homes that I have been tracking have also reduced their listing price. This situation is quite a change for just three months ago.
I agree. It is nothing to hear "price reduced" multiple times on properties advertised on WVLG.

Reality is setting in, I think.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I agree. It is nothing to hear "price reduced" multiple times on properties advertised on WVLG.

Reality is setting in, I think.
Yes we are settling back to more normal stats.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:56 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,605 Times in 1,760 Posts

Same thing in MLS listings, asking prices are being marked down.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-16-2022, 09:05 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Facts & Data would tell.

But what the hell, let's jus speculate.............it's more fun.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,025 Times in 5,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Facts & Data would tell.

When homes in my village take a month or more to sell compared to months ago sell within days that is a good indication the market has slowed.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:05 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Facts & Data would tell.

Here is some sales data from 5/27/22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcOPKM-WSAE

Will be interesting to hear him talk again with current June sales data!

Here is June 3rd update!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSSKRTgaBuo

Last edited by twoplanekid; 06-16-2022 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
a new renter next door to me was looking to purchase a home in the villages. The realtors were "told" to PUSH the new construction homes first and hold back on pre-owned homes. They were getting very mad because they wanted an area in the Northern end of the Villages not the Southern. The realtors kept "pushing" the newer homes..etc.. the couple canceled the realtors and purchased a house through "sale by owner"... how true this is, beats me.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Ann Vinci Igoe View Post
a new renter next door to me was looking to purchase a home in the villages. The realtors were "told" to PUSH the new construction homes first and hold back on pre-owned homes. They were getting very mad because they wanted an area in the Northern end of the Villages not the Southern. The realtors kept "pushing" the newer homes..etc.. the couple canceled the realtors and purchased a house through "sale by owner"... how true this is, beats me.
Not many new home on the market either. We have purchased 4 homes here, told our guy where we wanted to live and that’s what our Villages rep took us.
Maybe the newer reps want to sell new, it’s less work. But if you tell them preowned only, and they say no, they have a boss to complain to, and you can have a different rep in a heartbeat
Old 06-16-2022, 11:17 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,605 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Sounds like they were dealing with Villages agents who are notorious for pushing new builds. The same thing happened to me so I know first hand. Only Villages agents can sell new builds. Villages agents are NOT Realtors.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-16-2022, 11:34 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

In print. Average days on the market April 22, May 14 no info available for June yet. Inventory for sale April to May down 11%. Average price down less than 1%. These are MLS figures only and do not included The Villages new or used homes, they had the figures in the Daily Sun a week or so ago and I believe the new homes were averaging 10 per day in May which was near the April figures, I can't remember the re-sales but they were also close to the April figures. If you look at The Villages re-sales in the daily paper that have been on the market long enough to have it advertised you will notice that there are far more for sale north of 44 than south but there are a lot more homes north of 44. I don't think they're going down on price much, we just sold one of our properties here and our agent told us to list it for more than I was thinking and it sold for more than I was thinking about 2 weeks ago. It seems that the homes that are obviously over priced sit for awhile but those priced where they should be go very quickly. I have noticed that patio villas with full 2 car garages go almost immediately as do 4 bedroom designers with either 2 plus a golf car garage or a 3-car garage. Now with interest going up it might slow down somewhat.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Been here since 2002, this is an urban legend.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Have 6 in my village sitting for weeks with no price cuts. Trajectory is down
Old 06-16-2022, 12:27 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Been here since 2002, this is an urban legend.
Having first hand experience can say not an urban legend. The only preowned houses our sales agent took us to North of 44 were ones we picked out.
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, villages, sales, preowned, noticed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.