Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2022, 12:54 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Have 6 in my village sitting for weeks with no price cuts. Trajectory is down
Must be in a bad neighborhood LOL, the ones around us are gone in a matter of a few days.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Having first hand experience can say not an urban legend. The only preowned houses our sales agent took us to North of 44 were ones we picked out.
Just the opposite for us, we told our Villages Sales Professional, Beth Pope where we wanted to look which was around 466A, she took us to several homes, some we found, some she found, there was something we didn't like about all of them. The next day she picked us up and took us to the new homes, we bought one within 30 minutes. It was good to do it that way as we were able to see how much more we were getting for a lot less money by choosing a new home.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,681 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Ann Vinci Igoe View Post
a new renter next door to me was looking to purchase a home in the villages. The realtors were "told" to PUSH the new construction homes first and hold back on pre-owned homes. They were getting very mad because they wanted an area in the Northern end of the Villages not the Southern. The realtors kept "pushing" the newer homes..etc.. the couple canceled the realtors and purchased a house through "sale by owner"... how true this is, beats me.
I don't think that some people realize that you don't have to go through realtors who work for The Villages, if you are buying a pre-owned home IN The Villages. We bought ours from a semi-retired contractor who listed the home with an independent realtor after giving it a thorough face-lift: new flooring, new roof, new paint job, etc. North of 466, quiet neighborhood. Couldn't be happier.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:14 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,302 Times in 560 Posts

The Good Houses sell and The Tax Assessor drools…..but of course the New Homes in “The Marsh” need a sales push
Old 06-16-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
a new renter next door to me was looking to purchase a home in the villages. The realtors were "told" to PUSH the new construction homes first and hold back on pre-owned homes. They were getting very mad because they wanted an area in the Northern end of the Villages not the Southern. The realtors kept "pushing" the newer homes..etc.. the couple canceled the realtors and purchased a house through "sale by owner"... how true this is, beats me.
Just a speculative thought: Many Re-sale homes were purchased years ago when prices were considerably lower, so owners have the option to lower pricing and still make a decent profit. New construction is stuck with exorbitantly high construction costs and does not have the same ability to discount heavily and retain the profit margins they expect. A new “Villages Built” home, say priced at $700K, might easily be found in a comparable resale at $100K+ less. With this scenario “The Villages” could sell fewer new homes, thus they steer lookers to new, to avoid showing buyers the better deal with resale.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

I believe the opposite. Resales are overpriced. In a year new homes will cost less to build. Resales are full of capital maintenance costs people don’t factor in. I will buy new and get what I want

The economy is already collapsing. Just look at your stocks today
Old 06-16-2022, 02:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
The Good Houses sell and The Tax Assessor drools…..but of course the New Homes in “The Marsh” need a sales push
I guess that's why there's a waiting list for homes and lots to be released in "The Marsh" 10 new builds sold a day every day of the month, must be something good going on down in "The Marsh"
Old 06-16-2022, 02:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
I believe the opposite. Resales are overpriced. In a year new homes will cost less to build. Resales are full of capital maintenance costs people don’t factor in. I will buy new and get what I want

The economy is already collapsing. Just look at your stocks today
Agree, new homes are still priced lower than a comparable re-sale.
Old 06-16-2022, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I don’t have the data to say that preowned homes sales in the Villages have come to a slow down. However, there are now a lot more homes listed for sale on the Villages internet sales site. Has anyone else noticed this? A few homes that I have been tracking have also reduced their listing price. This situation is quite a change for just three months ago.
Re: home pricing, We own our home purchased roughly ten years ago. We are neither buying or selling but wow they have gone up.

It is interesting New Homes are priced at like 485, 339. Whatever happened to prices ending in 990? Heck we've seen reduced by 20,000 so it is now 465,339.
Old 06-16-2022, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
More subtle bashing of the new areas………..
Old 06-16-2022, 02:29 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

We live in interesting times. Mortgage interest rates are finally returning to "normal", about 6% per annum - at least for now. Interest rates may in the near future go higher. This will soften residential real estate sales in most of the country both in price and number of units sold. That means that many potential frogs won't receive as high a price as they may have a month or two ago and it may take months instead of days to sell their homes. On top of that the financial markets are (finally) heading south which likely will affect the savings and retirement accounts of many people hoping to retire in the near future. What impact will this have on the prices and number of homes sold in The Villages? Will it be like 2007 - 2008?

"2008: 2,238 New Home Sales

2007: 2,403 New Home Sales

Ah, 2007. Not exactly my best year, nor was it for The Villages.

This year The Villages saw the largest drop in year-over-year sales, by selling 1,560 fewer homes than in 2006.

December 2007 marks the “official” start of The Great Recession, but all you had to do to know that a recession was going on before then was to be selling real estate in Florida like I was.

2006: 3,963 New Home Sales

2005: 4,263 New Home Sales"

From: The Villages New Home Sales: 2003-Present | Inside The Bubble

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-16-2022 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-16-2022, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Buying a home is strange indeed. For most people it is the most expensive thing they have ever bought or sold. No two houses are the same. It might be the same exact home. same condition but they are not in the same place.

Then there is the buyer mood. I'm tired of looking. Bargain that works at least two ways. Would you know a bargain when you see it? One is beautifully furnished. The other you hate the carpet, the wall color and can't stand the furniture. When they remove the furniture you will see clearly the carpet is worn and you will surely need to or want to paint. The other meaning of bargaining. If, you go with a broker they will prevent you from talking to the seller. What is truly important to the seller? No pressure about when they need to be out-that can be a plus. A quick closing, can be a plus. Cash no need to worry about the buyer not getting a mortgage can be a plus.

Our home-we came to the villages 3x before buying. I wanted used, wife wanted new.
Of course we bought new. We have good neighbors a big plus.

The villages sales people, they are not brokers. They seem to push new. Perhaps easier. No price negotiation, decorated models available to show most anytime-no setting up appointments with sellers. No risk of the builder attempting to beat them out of earned commission.
Old 06-16-2022, 02:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
More subtle bashing of the new areas………..
Jealousy will do that Bogie.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
We live in interesting times. Mortgage interest rates are finally returning to "normal", about 6% per annum - at least for now. Interest rates may in the near future go higher. This will soften residential real estate sales in most of the country both in price and number of units sold. That means that many potential snowbirds won't receive as high a price as they may have a month or two ago and it may take months instead of days to sell their homes. On top of that the financial markets are (finally) heading south which likely will affect the savings and retirement accounts of many people hoping to retire in the near future. What impact will this have on the prices and number of homes sold in The Villages? Will it be like 2007 - 2008?

"2008: 2,238 New Home Sales

2007: 2,403 New Home Sales

Ah, 2007. Not exactly my best year, nor was it for The Villages.

This year The Villages saw the largest drop in year-over-year sales, by selling 1,560 fewer homes than in 2006.

December 2007 marks the “official” start of The Great Recession, but all you had to do to know that a recession was going on before then was to be selling real estate in Florida like I was.

2006: 3,963 New Home Sales

2005: 4,263 New Home Sales"

From: The Villages New Home Sales: 2003-Present | Inside The Bubble
Far as interesting times, mentioned before I have a sort of hobby reading old books.
We think our problems are new, they have always been.

I recall reading that Davey Crocket left Kentucky to go to Texas, he died at the Alamo, because it was getting too crowded in Kentucky. I looked it up. If I recall the population of Kentucky was around 4 million.

It is 2022 the good old days are gone and past. I made good money in sales. I know I could not do it today. Did a lot of driving/ We are all aware of the cost of gasoline today.

What was, was. We have no choice but to deal with what is whether it makes us happy or not.

There are choices besides the villages. TEASING A LITTLE, our values are going up due to so many wanting to move here. It is growing in population perhaps like Kentucky getting crowded. Texas? The news says record heat. I've been there. Texas seems to have more pretty women per capita than any other state in the union.
For now we are here. Moving? Last move was well over 200 boxes and I still regret leaving some of my STUFF behind.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Village sales agent sell what they are told to by their managers. The exception is some of the older sales agents who are big producers.

In any case mortgages are going to get more and more expensive.
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, villages, sales, preowned, noticed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.