Iphone/Verizon/GPS

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Default Iphone/Verizon/GPS

Are GPS's reliable in TV? I'll be traveling from LSL to SS some days while visiting and don't want to end up on a 6 lane highway in a golf cart.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Gold member

GPS does not work real good for golf carts. Just watch where you are going, take it slow and if you get lost, look lost and someone will stop and help you out.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 AM

GPS will work well in TV. The only problem that I have seen is lack of an update for the roads that were created in the last few years.
Don't expect to find a road in any section under construction by the developer in your GPS database.
If you get lost in TV just pull over in a parking lot, step out of your car or cart and unfold a map. You will have lots of help.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:19 AM
Smile Never really get lost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm4444 View Post
Are GPS's reliable in TV? I'll be traveling from LSL to SS some days while visiting and don't want to end up on a 6 lane highway in a golf cart.
They have improved the signage to get over to SS and seriously everyone will stop to help you. I thought I would never learn the paths, it was quite an adventure and we met some really nice people along the way. I like going by Laurel Manor instead of Morse. The tree lined paths are beautiful...
Old 03-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Gold member

I just put the free Mapquest 4 app on my Verizon iPhone. It works pretty much like my Garmin GPS, giving spoken directions. When the screen goes blank, the voice commands keep going. Just touch the screen to show the map. I can't vouch for its accuracy in The Villages, since I am not there right now.

However, using a GPS navigation app means that you don't have to add VZNavigator to your monthly plan. That's a real plus.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.