IRMA/Priority Golf Memberships

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2017, 01:24 PM
Default IRMA/Priority Golf Memberships

Seems fair that the Villages Golf Administration would extend all Priority Golf Memberships for the number of days that courses are not available for play. Granted, IRMA was a natural disaster not caused by Golfers or Golf Administration. Since Priority Memberships are prepaid it would seem fair that no one profit from the effects of a hurricane, accordingly an extension of Priority memberships should not represent a cost to golfers nor should it result in a profit for TV Golf Adm. Only fair solution would be an extension of all Priority Memberships for the total number of days that courses are not available for play.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Pretend they were rainy days.

I don't remember any guarantees for number of golfing days with a Priority Membership.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Pretend they were rainy days.

I don't remember any guarantees for number of golfing days with a Priority Membership.

Appears to me that you missed the point of the original post which is not addressed by your comment. The disguised subject matter is fairness, not who's right and who's wrong.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:10 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Fully understand the OP's point.

I'm not one to feel entitled.

One's opinion, "Only fair solution would be an extension......"
Wow......the only fair solution.

VGA is not profiting by not extending........they collected the same priority fee with or without Irma, with or without rain, with or without frost, with or without sink holes, with or without course closures.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Platinum member

I doubt this would gain traction unless the courses stay closed for an extended period of time. They won't even pro-rate for medical issues that last less than 90 days.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:40 PM

Not like they aren't losing TONS of $ by being closed and having to clean up ..or anything. Just feel blessed. I'm sucking up the 2 or 3 weeks Prioriry I paid for and thanking GOD things weren't worse!!!!
Old 09-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Veteran member

I say, take ur golf clubs Off ur cart & go Play with some other toy's U have. U just might enjoy a different view of TV....
Old 09-18-2017, 07:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's good. Best laugh I've had all day. Contact the folks at GMS about this and relay to us you findings. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 09-18-2017, 10:30 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

The cost to put our Courses back into reasonable playing condition will be substantial. Everyday the championship courses are closed because of Irma is a substantial lost of income for the owner.

In addition there is a dollar cost associated with extending priority memberships as suggested by the OP.
Enough said........

Any ideas how these losses might be made up? You got it!
Old 09-19-2017, 04:57 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Priority

this might be the rest our golf courses needed
Old 09-19-2017, 05:08 AM
Veteran member

Don't hold your breath while waiting.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:35 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default I am not arguing for or against

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Seems fair that the Villages Golf Administration would extend all Priority Golf Memberships for the number of days that courses are not available for play. Granted, IRMA was a natural disaster not caused by Golfers or Golf Administration. Since Priority Memberships are prepaid it would seem fair that no one profit from the effects of a hurricane, accordingly an extension of Priority memberships should not represent a cost to golfers nor should it result in a profit for TV Golf Adm. Only fair solution would be an extension of all Priority Memberships for the total number of days that courses are not available for play.
swooner, actually I understand your frustration. However the bigger question you should answer is if buying Priority is cost effective for you, Consider your break even point. Do you play with a foursome that also has priority membership? if you are the only one in your group it may not be getting you the results you seek.

I was a Priority member for six years and after doing a cost/ benefit analysis found it was not cost effective. for one thing because I was the only one in my foursome it meant little as to preferred tee times;albeit you do play at reduced rates

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-19-2017, 06:49 AM

I have to agree with the OP. It would be nice.
Would all you the nay sayers be so agreeable if the electric company's charged you during a power outage? They certainly are taking a huge hit on the repair costs. I don't think anyone would agree to pay them $20 per week for power that you couldn't get.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:53 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
Would all you the nay sayers be so agreeable if the electric company's charged you during a power outage? They certainly are taking a huge hit on the repair costs. I don't think anyone would agree to pay them $20 per week for power that you couldn't get.
Apples and oranges. Electricity is charged on a per usage basis. If it is out, you are not being charged. A better comparison is paying more for less water usage. But that is a different thread... Maybe we should get an extension on our trail fees as well! I just renewed mine, dang it. Maybe we could file a FEMA claim? Consider yourself lucky the biggest thing you have to worry about is if your priority membership is going to be extended....
Old 09-19-2017, 07:56 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
Actually a number of companies extent credits if they fail to deliver Comcast does my newspaper does, etc.

However you are never going to get TV to comply nor are you going to get much if any of the membership of TOTV to say or do anything against anyone or anything connected to TV. Don't ask me why? it has confused me since living here and its circular thinking . if a landscaper does something wrong all hell breaks loose. however if the Developer does the same thing or worse anyone calling the Developer to task is according to this group complaining because, they are envious, never satisfied..... ??????????????????

Personal Best Regards:
Closed Thread

Tags
memberships, golf, priority, fair, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.