Irma Yard Debris Pickup Tracker

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2017, 03:17 PM
Default Irma Yard Debris Pickup Tracker

The information in The Daily Sun said that the residential yard debris was started on Friday, September15 in District 1 and would move south. The contractor said it would be done in 2 weeks. We in the central and southern end of the Villages would like to know how it is progressing. As your Village has been cleaned, please post your Village name in the thread. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiserbud47 View Post
The information in The Daily Sun said that the residential yard debris was started on Friday, September15 in District 1 and would move south. The contractor said it would be done in 2 weeks. We in the central and southern end of the Villages would like to know how it is progressing. As your Village has been cleaned, please post your Village name in the thread. Thanks.

e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 9/22/2017

Debris Collection Update 9/22/17 3:45 p.m.

As units of local government, the Village Community Development Districts are eligible for reimbursement from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for storm debris collection resulting from Hurricane Irma. Each of the Districts located in The Villages have a contract in place with a FEMA approved debris hauler, Crowder Gulf, Inc.

Residents were advised that debris collection would begin on September 15, 2017 and that all storm related debris should be placed curbside on residential property, but not in roadways, and to not place debris in plastic bags. Please also refrain from placing debris on your driveway or in front of storm drain inlets or electrical boxes.

Crowder Gulf, Inc. is collecting debris 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. until approximately 7:30 p.m. The contractor will complete one collection throughout The Villages community which is anticipated to take three more weeks for a community that is 44 square miles.

The initial collection began in Village Community Development Districts (VCDD) No. 3 and 4 with concentration on residential streets.

• The collection in VCDD No. 3 is 95 % complete.
• The collection in VCDD No. 4 began on the east side of Buena Vista which is scheduled to be completed September 22nd. The portion of VCDD No. 4 on the west side of Buena Vista will begin on September 23rd until completed.
• The collection for VCDD No. 2 will be conducted west to east following the completion of collection in VCDD No. 4.
• The collection in the Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages began September 22nd. Once that area is complete, the contractor will begin work in VCDD No. 1.

Due to severity of storm related damage throughout the State of Florida, Crowder Gulf, Inc. is working with the resources that they currently have available. The District government is working with the contractor to obtain additional local resources to expedite debris collection.

The District government has stopped regular yard waste collection until storm related debris has been collected from your residential areas. Any residual debris left following pick-up by Crowder Gulf, Inc. should be included in your regular yard waste collection.

Please stay tuned to Village Community Development Districts as the collection process progresses in the community and additional updates are available. Please contact District Customer Service at 352-753-4508 if you have any additional questions.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:30 PM
Gold member
Thumbs down

By the time they get to CDD 5 all the cardboard bags will have disintegrated.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 09-22-2017, 03:34 PM
Veteran member

"Please also refrain from placing debris on your driveway"
Give me a flipping break. My lawn people HAD to move it onto the driveway. There's not any other place to put it.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:39 PM
Veteran member

So in one week they've believe they've finished the 7 villages north of 466 and west of Buena Vista. At this rate, in three weeks they will have finished all Villages north of 466.

Maybe they should go ahead and start up the regular yard waste collection again and just stop each week when the truck is full. Right now those regular yard waste crews won't be back to full schedule for 3 months.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
So in one week they've believe they've finished the 7 villages north of 466 and west of Buena Vista. At this rate, in three weeks they will have finished all Villages north of 466.

Maybe they should go ahead and start up the regular yard waste collection again and just stop each week when the truck is full. Right now those regular yard waste crews won't be back to full schedule for 3 months.
But no one was hurt or killed by Irma here in The Villages. Is it THAT inconvenient????
Old 09-22-2017, 03:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
By the time they get to CDD 5 all the cardboard bags will have disintegrated.

John
Hate to ruin anyone's day but they will still pick it up - bag or no bag. (just no plastic bags) Ques. - Whats a cardboard bag called? Ans. - A box.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Veteran member

I think they need to reset expectations. FEMA doesn't have that many trucks. In three weeks they will barely be finished with north of 466. If we know they won't get to our streets for another month then it's possible we can make other arrangements to get our yard waste picked up. Makes their job easier.

I am worried our regular guys aren't getting paid for their normal yard waste pickups. I hope they have instead put them on other duties, so they don't lose money.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:31 PM
Veteran member

Once again, reading comprehension is hard for some. I did not complain that my debris has not been picked up. The "rule" about not putting it on the driveway is unnecessary and I'm not going to let my grass die. It will stay on the driveway where it was moved by the lawn crew.
I know it's been a long time since reading comprehension class, but try to keep up.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
"Please also refrain from placing debris on your driveway"
Give me a flipping break. My lawn people HAD to move it onto the driveway. There's not any other place to put it.
I think they do not want the debris in your driveway because the equipment being used is a claw. Do you want that flipping claw banging down on your flipping driveway and crack the flipping concrete or flipping pavers? Then you would really be flipping complaining.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I think they do not want the debris in your driveway because the equipment being used is a claw. Do you want that flipping claw banging down on your flipping driveway and crack the flipping concrete or flipping pavers? Then you would really be flipping complaining.
I agree with you but.... does FEMA know who they are messing with here? This isn't any regular chicken. This chicken crossed the road because he was entitled to cross the road.

Last edited by CWGUY; 09-22-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I agree with you but.... does FEMA know who they are messing with here? This isn't any regular chicken. This chicken crossed the road because he was entitled to cross the road.
She. SHE crossed the road.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:18 AM
Default Confused

Since the announcement on the15th to get your yard waste out I have been waiting patiently. It would be very considerate if the District could give people notice on their website as to what areas will be getting picked up a few days in advance so that we can keep areas clear and in case of rain to cover paper bags. This is a concern especially if you live down by 44.
Another confusing area is why the surcharge on irrigation water is still being charged when the golf courses irrigation is going on non-stop to drain down the reservoirs. Could we not help the situation by irrigating a bit more like the District? Just some thoughts.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:34 AM
fw102807

Our landscaper picked up ours. Problem solved.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vison34 View Post
Since the announcement on the15th to get your yard waste out I have been waiting patiently. It would be very considerate if the District could give people notice on their website as to what areas will be getting picked up a few days in advance so that we can keep areas clear and in case of rain to cover paper bags. This is a concern especially if you live down by 44.
Another confusing area is why the surcharge on irrigation water is still being charged when the golf courses irrigation is going on non-stop to drain down the reservoirs. Could we not help the situation by irrigating a bit more like the District? Just some thoughts.
Closed Thread

Tags
village, debris, yard, southern, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.