Irma Yard Debris Pickup Tracker

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2017, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

It sounds to me that Crowder will assess the yard debris and not pick up what they believe is not related to the storm. How are they going to know what is not storm related unless the yard debris is still green? Anything that is browned out by the time they arrive to pick up, should be assessed as storm debris. Am I correct in my thinking?
Old 09-23-2017, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
It sounds to me that Crowder will assess the yard debris and not pick up what they believe is not related to the storm. How are they going to know what is not storm related unless the yard debris is still green? Anything that is browned out by the time they arrive to pick up, should be assessed as storm debris. Am I correct in my thinking?
No.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

Crowder came around early in Springdale. Sep, 13. I was shocked too see that so early. They picked-up everything I had dragged out to the curb. Like the Big branch's that fell off our tree's. Brown, Green it didn't matter. Now all I have left is 44 FULL Bags of the small stuff.....

The Villages Florida
Old 09-23-2017, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Many of the ACE lawn bags still all over Lynnhaven and Belvedere.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw14 View Post
Crowder came around early in Springdale. Sep, 13. I was shocked too see that so early. They picked-up everything I had dragged out to the curb. Like the Big branch's that fell off our tree's. Brown, Green it didn't matter. Now all I have left is 44 FULL Bags of the small stuff.....
The Villages Florida
Crowder Gulf didn't take the bags?!? The COMPLETE cleanup will take much longer than I thought!
Old 09-23-2017, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vison34 View Post
Since the announcement on the15th to get your yard waste out I have been waiting patiently. It would be very considerate if the District could give people notice on their website as to what areas will be getting picked up a few days in advance so that we can keep areas clear and in case of rain to cover paper bags. This is a concern especially if you live down by 44.
Another confusing area is why the surcharge on irrigation water is still being charged when the golf courses irrigation is going on non-stop to drain down the reservoirs. Could we not help the situation by irrigating a bit more like the District? Just some thoughts.
District Water Restrictions The sprinkling you see is reclaimed water. I don't know why either but I think the surcharge comes from higher up than the dastardly Morses, but I could be wrong and often am.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I think it may be "over thinking!"
Old 09-23-2017, 02:34 PM
Veteran member

They started to pick up today in Belevedere on Churchill.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
District Water Restrictions The sprinkling you see is reclaimed water. I don't know why either but I think the surcharge comes from higher up than the dastardly Morses, but I could be wrong and often am.
Based on the comments in today's DS, I would expect the restrictions lifted on Oct 1st when they are due to expire.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
They started to pick up today in Belevedere on Churchill.
That's awesome. Isn't that district 5?
Old 09-24-2017, 06:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I think it may be "over thinking!"
Ah ha! Another one of us who "over think".
Old 09-25-2017, 03:46 PM
Sage

VCDD e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 9/25/2017 4:33 PM

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented event in The Villages.

We appreciate the calls and inquiries we have received and the ability to explain what is transpiring regarding a number of services which includes vegetative debris removal. Although not all emails and phone calls have been returned, we are doing our best to do so.

As information, the Community Development Districts do have a contract with a company to provide vegetative removal after a weather event. It is unfortunate that our contracted company, along with most contracted companies throughout central Florida, have had their subcontractors heading south for work due to monetary reasons. At this moment, the State Attorney General is actually looking into this situation and the potential legal issues involved.

However, although a number of Crowder-Gulf’s (CG) subcontractors have left, CG and the District have been working diligently with the District’s contractors to become eligible debris haulers and we now have backfilled a number of the vehicles that left.

There have been a number of calls, inquiries and requests for credit for the lack of yard waste pickup by our contracted hauler, CH2MHILL. The company was directed to not pick up yard debris from the storm. While there are numerous valid reasons for doing so, including logistics, the salient point is that the company will be expending additional time and work to follow behind the contracted debris hauler to guarantee all debris has been removed. Once a District has had all residential storm-related debris removed, normal yard waste will resume the following Wednesday.

Due to the limited amount of debris in Districts 9 and 10, a decision has been made to resume CH2MHILL removal of yard waste. However, should there be large amounts of debris/tree limbs/stumps, they will be left and will be picked up by CG. Districts 3 and 4 will also have normal yard waste removal resumed this week as storm debris will have been removed by that time.

In addition, you are reminded to not take your vegetative debris to postal and recreation centers due to safety concerns.

Please note that while your home may not have substantial vegetative debris, that is not the case throughout The Villages. Please bear with us as we work very hard to say good bye to Irma’s remnants and respectfully request your patience during the clean-up.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:14 PM

Lets be glad that our houses were left intact by the hurricane and its only lawn debris that needs to be cleaned up around TV. It will get done and order will be restored.

Now if it was me and I had a lot of debris from my personal property, and I didnt want it sitting there, I would just hire landscapers with a truck to dispose of it for me. In this out of the norm circumstance just do it yourself...we have become conditioned thinking the governmental authorities have to do everything for us.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:01 PM

And, where are the crews and trucks which once a week pick up yard waste. The bushes have not stopped growing and the palms have not stopped shedding. What is wrong with resuming the regular schedule to just pick up the normal yard waste bags ? For goodness sake, limit it to four bags a house if the bureaucrats are scared someone might be up all night shredding yard waste to put it into bags in an attempt to scam the system. What are these crews and trucks doing ? It seems everyone wants the Federal Government to pay for it all through FEMA approved contractors, but it is not getting done. Again where are the trucks and crews which normally do this and why aren't they attending to their contracted responsibilities ? It sounds like lawyers are again involved deciding whether a broken twig is a result of storm damage or normal trimming.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:03 PM
Sage

VCDD e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 9/25/2017 5:57 PM

Debris Removal – UPDATED 9/25/2017

Storm related yard debris removal is continuing throughout The Villages community. All storm related yard debris should be placed curbside on residential property, but not in roadways. Please do NOT place debris in plastic bags. It may be un-bagged or in paper biodegradable bags.

While the storm related debris is collected, normal yard waste collection is suspended. As the storm debris is collected, Districts will begin receiving their normal yard waste collection the following Wednesday.

· Due to the limited amount of debris in Districts 9 and 10, normal yard waste collection will resume Wednesday, September 27th. Should there be large amounts of debris/tree limbs/stumps, they will be left and collected by Crowder-Gulf.

· Districts 3 and 4 will resume normal yard waste collection this Wednesday, September 27th as storm debris will be removed from residential properties.

· The collection in VCDD No. 3 is now complete for all residential properties.

· The collection in VCDD No. 4 began on the east side of Buena Vista and residential areas are now substantially complete. Collection is now underway for the portion of VCDD No. 4 on the west side of Buena Vista.

· The collection for VCDD No. 2 will be conducted west to east following the completion of collection in VCDD No. 4.

· The collection in the Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages began September 22nd. Once that area is complete, the contractor will begin work in VCDD No. 1.

In addition, please do not take your vegetative debris to postal and recreation centers due to safety concerns.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the District Customer Service Center at (352) 753-4508.
Closed Thread

Tags
village, debris, yard, southern, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.