Irma Yard Debris Pickup Tracker

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2017, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
VCDD e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 9/25/2017 4:33 PM

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented event in The Villages.

We appreciate the calls and inquiries we have received and the ability to explain what is transpiring regarding a number of services which includes vegetative debris removal. Although not all emails and phone calls have been returned, we are doing our best to do so.

As information, the Community Development Districts do have a contract with a company to provide vegetative removal after a weather event. It is unfortunate that our contracted company, along with most contracted companies throughout central Florida, have had their subcontractors heading south for work due to monetary reasons. At this moment, the State Attorney General is actually looking into this situation and the potential legal issues involved.

However, although a number of Crowder-Gulf’s (CG) subcontractors have left, CG and the District have been working diligently with the District’s contractors to become eligible debris haulers and we now have backfilled a number of the vehicles that left.

There have been a number of calls, inquiries and requests for credit for the lack of yard waste pickup by our contracted hauler, CH2MHILL. The company was directed to not pick up yard debris from the storm. While there are numerous valid reasons for doing so, including logistics, the salient point is that the company will be expending additional time and work to follow behind the contracted debris hauler to guarantee all debris has been removed. Once a District has had all residential storm-related debris removed, normal yard waste will resume the following Wednesday.

Due to the limited amount of debris in Districts 9 and 10, a decision has been made to resume CH2MHILL removal of yard waste. However, should there be large amounts of debris/tree limbs/stumps, they will be left and will be picked up by CG. Districts 3 and 4 will also have normal yard waste removal resumed this week as storm debris will have been removed by that time.

In addition, you are reminded to not take your vegetative debris to postal and recreation centers due to safety concerns.

Please note that while your home may not have substantial vegetative debris, that is not the case throughout The Villages. Please bear with us as we work very hard to say good bye to Irma’s remnants and respectfully request your patience during the clean-up.
Thank's Champ 6 for post'in that Update. As far as I can see the Hard WORK after Irma is on the Move. My original 44 Bag's R still Hang'in in their on the Road. I added Two more Bag's today.... Relax >>
Old 09-25-2017, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Now they are saying that some of Crowder's subcontractors have gone south because they can make more money cleaning up the Keys. So there is a problem, they are now admitting.

e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 9/25/2017

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented event in The Villages.

We appreciate the calls and inquiries we have received and the ability to explain what is transpiring regarding a number of services which includes vegetative debris removal. Although not all emails and phone calls have been returned, we are doing our best to do so.

As information, the Community Development Districts do have a contract with a company to provide vegetative removal after a weather event. It is unfortunate that our contracted company, along with most contracted companies throughout central Florida, have had their subcontractors heading south for work due to monetary reasons. At this moment, the State Attorney General is actually looking into this situation and the potential legal issues involved.

However, although a number of Crowder-Gulf’s (CG) subcontractors have left, CG and the District have been working diligently with the District’s contractors to become eligible debris haulers and we now have backfilled a number of the vehicles that left.

There have been a number of calls, inquiries and requests for credit for the lack of yard waste pickup by our contracted hauler, CH2MHILL. The company was directed to not pick up yard debris from the storm. While there are numerous valid reasons for doing so, including logistics, the salient point is that the company will be expending additional time and work to follow behind the contracted debris hauler to guarantee all debris has been removed. Once a District has had all residential storm-related debris removed, normal yard waste will resume the following Wednesday.

Due to the limited amount of debris in Districts 9 and 10, a decision has been made to resume CH2MHILL removal of yard waste. However, should there be large amounts of debris/tree limbs/stumps, they will be left and will be picked up by CG. Districts 3 and 4 will also have normal yard waste removal resumed this week as storm debris will have been removed by that time.

In addition, you are reminded to not take your vegetative debris to postal and recreation centers due to safety concerns.

Please note that while your home may not have substantial vegetative debris, that is not the case throughout The Villages. Please bear with us as we work very hard to say good bye to Irma’s remnants and respectfully request your patience during the clean-up.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:40 AM
Sage

South Florida poaches debris pickup trucks once headed to Tampa Bay | Tampa Bay Times

The Villages is not the only town with problems. This article tells the whole story.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
South Florida poaches debris pickup trucks once headed to Tampa Bay | Tampa Bay Times

The Villages is not the only town with problems. This article tells the whole story.
Is it a triage, of sorts, do you think? Those that need help most, get it first?
Old 09-26-2017, 09:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Is it a triage, of sorts, do you think? Those that need help most, get it first?
You didn't read the article. Did you? It's all about money. Those that PAY most, get it first.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:11 AM

Has anyone seen these haulers??? Why wait 2 to 3 weeks more. Everyone take 1 bag and drop it off at Lake Sumter Town Square ? Then we might get back to our Wednesday yard waste pick up day.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:39 AM
Gold member

Still don't understand why pick up of debris placed in biodegradable paper bags have not been picked up.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
Still don't understand why pick up of debris placed in biodegradable paper bags have not been picked up.
I called our waste management co. last week to arrange for a large item pickup (old grill) and spoke with a lady at the office. She said Wednesday debris pickups have been suspended as the Villages hired a private contractor to pick up the hurricane debris. Now that the contractor has pulled out who knows what will happen. I can't see the normal debris people doing it as it is a monumental task at this point not your normal couple of bags per house. My neighbor has out 15-20 bags and so do other neighbors. This may all take a while to figure out.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I called our waste management co. last week to arrange for a large item pickup (old grill) and spoke with a lady at the office. She said Wednesday debris pickups have been suspended as the Villages hired a private contractor to pick up the hurricane debris. Now that the contractor has pulled out who knows what will happen. I can't see the normal debris people doing it as it is a monumental task at this point not your normal couple of bags per house. My neighbor has out 15-20 bags and so do other neighbors. This may all take a while to figure out.
The normal pickup people would not be reimbursed by FEMA because they are not certified catastrophe cleaner uppers. It's the FEMA rule and has been explained by TV many times. This cleanup if paid for privately would cost a ton of money, which would eventually impact us residents. We have to let TV figure this out. They are trying to get their haulers certified.

If you drive through neighborhoods outside of TV, there is a lot of debris waiting to be picked up. Everyone send to be in the same predicament
Old 09-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_andry View Post
Has anyone seen these haulers??? Why wait 2 to 3 weeks more. Everyone take 1 bag and drop it off at Lake Sumter Town Square ? Then we might get back to our Wednesday yard waste pick up day.
Rules Don't Apply To Me???

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...llages-247086/
Old 10-04-2017, 01:27 PM
Default IRMA debris pickup TRACKER

The original poster asked if folks would give a shoutout if they SAW A TRUCK ON THIER STREET, so we could track the progress. 40 comments later, one person saw a truck. I'm interested in tracking this, too, as I've never seen a truck. Can we stay on topic here and just report SIGHTINGS?
Old 10-04-2017, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolmarion View Post
The original poster asked if folks would give a shoutout if they SAW A TRUCK ON THIER STREET, so we could track the progress. 40 comments later, one person saw a truck. I'm interested in tracking this, too, as I've never seen a truck. Can we stay on topic here and just report SIGHTINGS?
No sightings in Laurel Valley on 466. Still have three bags of stuff in driveway and several piles at the mail drop. Nothing has changed and we are still managing.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

This morning, the Hadley gate at Morse and Odel had several trucks picking up debris.

Speaking of Odel Circle......I travel every day from the Hadley gate along Odel to the Mallory mail center area. Most of the gutters and storm drains along this section of the roadway have been cleaned and are pristine. Then there are small sections of the gutter and storm drains that are still littered with storm debris.

I'm wondering who is responsible for cleaning the gutters along the roadway. Is it the independent lawn services that are cleaning the gutters? It seems the sections that are littered run along sections that border someone's property. It looks to me like some lawn services clean the gutters when they cut the lawn and other lawn services ignore the debris in the gutters along the roadway. I wonder who is going to clean that debris? It is clogging the storm drains.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Veteran member

On Buena Vista between Stillwater and Odel today I saw a claw tractor. No trucks. Just looked like he was trying to combine piles.

As for neighborhood cleanup, still haven’t seen a truck.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:22 AM

The grass will grow back, the horrible stain on your driveway is permanent!
Closed Thread

Tags
village, debris, yard, southern, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.