Israel Flag above USA Flag

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2018, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
In our free country, I think it would stupid to even consider banning foreign flags.
The freedom we enjoy, which has not always been comfortable at any time, is sort of under a bit of scrutiny .

Nobody loves this country more than I, and I have proven it with acts, and I understand the uncomfortable feeling that is felt when this kind of thing comes up, but I always remember WHY and how we came to be, what our morals and standards were.

I simply know our country was founded on the premise that we are a country of laws and not men.

Realizing that, and knowing that freedom is not easy to maintain makes me love my country more when under attack.

There are ways to treat situations, and to discuss situations. I know my love of country is at least equal or exceeds others.

I hate to see our flag be used for politics, but it has survived
Old 09-24-2018, 12:15 PM
Platinum member

Since we will already have the torches and pitchforks deployed, let's go after those who fly the flag at night without proper illumination. Then we can extract a pound of flesh from those flying unserviceable flags. I know it is not in the code, but maybe we should target all those whose flags were not made in the USA. After that, if anyone wants to join me, I am going after the idiots who revoked Pluto's status as a planet.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Since we will already have the torches and pitchforks deployed, let's go after those who fly the flag at night without proper illumination. Then we can extract a pound of flesh from those flying unserviceable flags. I know it is not in the code, but maybe we should target all those whose flags were not made in the USA. After that, if anyone wants to join me, I am going after the idiots who revoked Pluto's status as a planet.
Pluto is a Disney Cartoon Character!

Now let's talk about my Mr. Christopher Medal.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Pluto is a Disney Cartoon Character!

Now let's talk about my Mr. Christopher Medal.
That is a whole nother issue. Why is Pluto just a dog and Goofy is a dog that talks and wears clothes?
Old 09-24-2018, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
I like your reference to the flags not made in this country.

I can recall, well NOT recall, note that young girls on the beach wearing bras with the American Flag being the premise of the entire bra seem to escape any criticism.

As I said, our freedom is not so simple. It has to be worked at, not simply spoken of. The carping about John Mcain on this very forum just, as they say, set my head ablaze. To even doubt his patriotism (and his hero actions are different but part of) because he does not follow a particular persuasion strikes me as the definition of someone being UN patriotic

Freedom needs work always...by everybody....we seem to have some who simply want to make an order about how you must act or be........I think it is rather easy to identify those whose love the country sincerely and those who are actually hiding behind the flag.

I never saw the man or lady who professed to own the flagpole come back and talk about it.....I sure hope directions published on how to get to his house did not disrupt him.

Have you seen the idiotic flag t shirts.....flag bowling balls....flag shorts......all of this escapes any critique somehow
Old 09-24-2018, 02:47 PM
Default Don't Call The Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I'm not going to Google or search for the answer but from my life experience which could be wrong, I believe that the American Flag flies in the highest spot. I would call the Police to question it and be guided from there. Community Watch would not be the call.

There is also no way that the address of the person should be listed and knocking on the door to talk about it is out of the question in my world. I have some heavy feeling's about the thing's that have happened to our flag lately and I don't want to upset a beautiful day getting into it as it won't change anyone else's outlook or feelings about Old Glory! Good Luck with this one, maybe it was an innocent mistake.
The Police don't want to get involved, No violation of Law.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynsol View Post
On Abana Path, just south of Pinellas Pl. in the Village of Fernandina, there is a home with a flag pole in front of the house mounted on the stucco with TWO Flags.

The Israel flag is above the USA flag.

Is this proper? Who enforces if not? Law if any?

I thought the USA Flag should always be displayed above any other flag!

Any knowledgeable people, please chime in!
As far as I know no one enforces flag etiquette or “code.” If you think calling the law will make any difference, I think you’re wrong.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:00 PM
Sage

At least no ones taking a knee
Old 09-24-2018, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJOHNS2654 View Post
The Police don't want to get involved, No violation of Law.
Who do you call if that's the route you decide to take? GhostBusters?

I'm also not Googling this so I don't know that a law isn't being broken either!

Can you imagine someone interrupting your meal or something important to speak about the configuration of your flags? The police would be there at the end anyway so why not call them first.

See something, Say Something, Does that ring a bell?

Maybe the person made a mistake with the flag, it is possible.

There are plenty of people who live down there who are qualified to handle this not me. My point is it could escalate if you approach the door of someone you don't know. Does that make sense?

Chatbrat how true no knee! I was thinking the same thing.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:19 AM
Veteran member

I am curious????

What would happen if as an 'AMERICAN", I was living in Israel and I put out a flagpole with the USA Flag above the Israel flag????

Anybody know?
Old 09-25-2018, 09:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
I am curious????

What would happen if as an 'AMERICAN", I was living in Israel and I put out a flagpole with the USA Flag above the Israel flag????

Anybody know?
marhabaan... You may be "the man who never returned"
Old 09-25-2018, 09:31 AM

Anyone can fly any flag above any flag. It is the first amendment.

However, local agreed upon signed contract can state how flags are flown and I think if they live in The Villages then only an American Flag may be flown. I could be wrong.

If this is true, then just complain to the board, take a photo and send it. That should correct this. Maybe they just don't know.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:36 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
I am curious????

Anybody know?
Something very unpleasant.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi33 View Post
Anyone can fly any flag above any flag. It is the first amendment.

However, local agreed upon signed contract can state how flags are flown and I think if they live in The Villages then only an American Flag may be flown. I could be wrong.

If this is true, then just complain to the board, take a photo and send it. That should correct this. Maybe they just don't know.
Has nothing to with the 1st. If you're citzen of the United States you follow flag code established centuries ago.
You can fly flag of you're wish in this country, but when flown with American flag it not supposed to above the American flag. Only one flag can be flown above American flag on us soil (navy ship at sea is us soil) A navel church flag during church service. Most people that's been in military know the rules on how to display flag. If the don't most don't disrespect the honor of flying our flag.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Something very unpleasant.
I doubt nothing would happen is Israel, but I wouldn't want to try in any other country.
Closed Thread

Tags
flag, usa, israel, law, enforces

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.