Issues with Villages Realty Resale Department

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2017, 12:21 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
OP: It is apparent given that this is only your 3rd post that you are unaware of Developer Groupies that inhibit this forum. So you may not get the information you are seeking

The Daily Sun won't touch it nor the POA or the VHA.

You may have to sue to get a production of documents from Villages Realtors/Sales Department. And, they will deny said production citing proprietary privilege. There have been many complaints over the years concerning this department

Good Luck
I do not measure the value of a poster the number of posts. You certainly do note to have over 10,000 posts to be a contributor of valuable information. More details do help, though
Old 10-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Gee Rubicon. I am a developer grouper and I don't think I inhibit this forum.

I also am not a realtor, never have been and don't have any money to gain on this issue.

I like how the developer has developed and so do all the folks who have voted with their money to buy here making this the fastest growing area of it's kind in the world. Some realtors are "left out" of resales and that makes them grumpy.

The developer doesn't have to stoop to any underhandedness to sell houses, IMHO.
You go Gracie
Old 10-27-2017, 12:41 PM
Veteran member

A few things, since they have not been answered-
McLin Burnsed is a legal group that does a lot of work for the villages (they are in the town squares). They do all the work on new houses. I am currently using them to buy a FSBO and I paid extra to have them involved. They do NOT do closings, that is Peninsula Land and Title. They are loosely affiliated, but I do not believe owned by the Villages. I agree about having your own lawyer. However, if you are getting a mortgage, the mortgage company will demand a lot more than you ever will. I have both with the FSBO I am doing, but the lawyer only cost $500.

Ed
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 10-27-2017, 12:49 PM
Gold member
Default It is at best confusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Any addendum to any contract for anything must be in writing and signed by both or all parties involved.
For most of us, you have never bought anything more expensive than a home.

The agent usually works for the seller. So as you drive aground with this friendly, personable person REMIND YOURSELF EVERY FEW MINUTES that they work for the seller. Everything you say is being heard by a SPY. You say that home is surely worth xxxxxxx but we will offer xxxxx perhaps we can get it for less. They go back to the seller and say they are offering xxxxxx but surely they will go higher.

In real estate only written things are binding.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:01 PM
Gold member
Default Very important

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Are McLin Burnsed attorneys who do real estate closings?
They are attys representing the Villages. With what you pay for a home, IN MY OPINION, it is worth a few hundred to have an atty who works for YOU. Few people agree.

We were told they allow 15 minutes for a closing. The contract is ?????? as I recall 30 pages of legalize. They will send you a copy, IF YOU INSIST and you can ask YOUR ATTY about what things mean. Once you SIGN, I didn't know or I didn't understand SIMPLY DOES NOT MATTER-you signed it. In fact, as I recall, on several pages you will sign that you understood the previous page.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:01 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

I do not understand what allegedly transpired in the OP's transaction and only have questions - no answers. Sorry in advance!

Was it a resale of a "used" house? If so, how would the developer be a party thereto? Would not the parties involved be the owner (seller) of the resale and the buyer?

I know nothing about how Villages agents may represent seller-owners of "used" houses. Are they usually employed as transaction agents? May they agree to be sellers' agents on their listings? Are they allowed to contract as buyers' agents on resales? If so do they ever do so?

p.s. It has been my experience that in general a real estate transaction is governed solely by what is in writing and signed by the parties thereto. Oral commitments are not enforceable.

p.p.s. OP: Are you alleging negligence or some form of intentional tort?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-27-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
OP: It is apparent given that this is only your 3rd post that you are unaware of Developer Groupies that inhibit this forum. So you may not get the information you are seeking.

Good Luck

I believe that "inhibit" is indeed an appropriate descriptor within the context of this statement. LOL!!!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-27-2017, 01:19 PM
Gold member
Default Perhaps of interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Call your counties Board of Realtors, they can help with obtaining any information you might need or direct you to state agencies. Good luck with your quest.
In days of old when knights were bold and we lived in NY.
We were looking for a bigger house. The market stunk and I put in a written offer on a home we intended to buy. The seller was an atty.

My offer was written. I latter by accident discovered th house was sold for 40-50,000 below my offer and obviously below value. The same broker that had taken my written offer was involved in this other sale so she could not claim she was unaware.

Only explanation was UNREPORTED CASH.

I put in a formal complaint and got the following SHOCKING information. The Realtor board expected me to testify. If, found guilty the broker would be fined-not loose her license
and the fine would not go to me but to the realtor board.

Rights-what do they really mean? Other than in small claims court you will need an atty to enforce your rights.
The atty will be billing you 200-300 or more per hour.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post

I believe that "inhibit" is indeed an appropriate descriptor within the context of this statement. LOL!!!

Mark me down as a huge fan of how this place is run.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-27-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:27 PM
Gold member
Default I am not pro the developer but

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post

Truth be told, I was glad to see them build Fenny for perhaps a strange reason.

In my opinion they do a great job of managing this place.
So long as they are building they will continue to manage.

Imagine what this place would be like with the INMATES trying to run it.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

So now, a three time poster has swooped in, stirred the pot, and not responded to questions to him/her. As Toymeister points out, more detail would be helpful, but so far, nothing. I am anxiously waiting to see how this thread evolves/devolves.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
Truth be told, I was glad to see them build Fenny for perhaps a strange reason.

In my opinion they do a great job of managing this place.
So long as they are building they will continue to manage.

Imagine what this place would be like with the INMATES trying to run it.
I fully agree with your assessment of the situation!

Old 10-27-2017, 03:19 PM
Gold member

No problems always professional never any pressure
Old 10-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-27-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:17 PM
Veteran member

Here is a thought. There have always been crooks, cheats, liars and scofflaws in the buying, selling and rental of real estate. It certainly doesn't matter at all if they are realtors, buyers agents, sellers agents, dual agents or single agents.
I was at a closing once with another agent that said to my sellers " Now that you signed the contract I can tell you that the buyers would have gone higher" this after she had them sign a form stating she was a sellers agent. Needless to say I made sure $8000 plus for the sellers and the brokers commission were returned to the seller. I have had Attorneys try to cheat. It goes on and on.
Any way if I were the developers here I would be doing the same thing. I would not cooperate with realtors since there is no good reason to do so. I believe but am not positive of the Florida law that the Village agents selling pre owned are sellers agents and must follow Florida law regarding Agency. Of course with new homes they are agents of the developer.
As far as the OP since we don't know the problem and the logistics we can offer no help.
Closed Thread

Tags
department, villages, comments, agent, accuracy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.