Issues with Villages Realty Resale Department

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2017, 06:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

If I can go back to what little we think we know of the OPs complaint. The OP has a complaint with an agent about an addendum, and what was supposed to be in the addendum. My point in a previous post explained further is this: If a buyer or seller changes one or more terms while negotiating a contract, in this case a Real Estate Purchase Agreement, that change must be in the form of an addendum, and that addendum MUST be agreed to and signed by all parties involved, period. There is no gray area. I'm not interested in feeling sorry for the OP or bashing The Villages Real Estate agency. I have no idea who said what and who said they would do whatever.
But, I can say with certainty that it is the responsibility of each party in a transaction to read, understand, and approve of every detail of a contract including one or more addendums. If the OP assumed something without verifying, that's on them. In this case, an attorney review might here been a wise choice.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I would like to apologize to Manabouttown for my cutting response above.

Our family hopes that someday you will come here and live and enjoy it like we do.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Location: Moved to the Village of Caroline from St. Louis MO.

upon receiving the inspection report which had many items i prepared a very specific list which was given to the agent as a requirement to be cured. the agent said the owner would take care of. all of this was done by email so there should be no dispute. upon moving in i discovered that they were not completed. (we did not attend the walk through since we were in st. louis at that time) "our" agent assured that all was taken care of. )
One notable item was 7 splash blocks to direct the water away the home. during out first big rain storm I noted that they were not installed. Called the agent who said yes they were he had seen them. when i asked for him to be a witness so that i could file a police report he then suddenly remembered he might be confusing our home with another...
after a lot of pestering he finally threw down the splash blocks .. apparently water does run uphill as far as he was concerned. when i asked for a discussion with a superior i was denied that opportunity. after asking multiple times for a meeting i was specifically denied that opportunity.
i then filed a claim with the state AG office who sent it on to the division of real estate, who just yesterday 10/27/17 responded with a letter saying that they did not break any real estate license law and i might want to get an attorney involved.
That could be expensive since i can do all the items with a handyman for less than $1000. using an attorney will cost as much or more and just increase my costs.
very poor customer service on the part of Properties of the Villages. it sure appears that they do not care about resales, and customer satisfaction. even when there are details in writing expressing what they were to do.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,619 Times in 1,763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would like to apologize to Manabouttown for my cutting response above.

Our family hopes that someday you will come here and live and enjoy it like we do.
Apology accepted, GG! I would love to make that move but am unable to do so at this time for family reasons.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-28-2017, 09:34 AM
Location: Moved to the Village of Caroline from St. Louis MO.

it was a resale.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
For most of us, you have never bought anything more expensive than a home.

The agent usually works for the seller. So as you drive aground with this friendly, personable person REMIND YOURSELF EVERY FEW MINUTES that they work for the seller. Everything you say is being heard by a SPY. You say that home is surely worth xxxxxxx but we will offer xxxxx perhaps we can get it for less. They go back to the seller and say they are offering xxxxxx but surely they will go higher.

In real estate only written things are binding.
The Villages agents work for the seller, i.e., the developer.

The majority of Realtors work as Transaction agents, working for neither buyer or seller. By law, they must divulge all important details to both and treat them both fairly. There is a legal form which is signed to indicate this.

Very few Realtors work as a seller's or buyer's agent.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMarkland View Post
i would like to hear from any resident that has had problems with The Villages Resales department and their lack of follow through. Particularly items what should have been added to an addendum but were not even though they stated to the contrary. Any comments regarding the accuracy of the agent. Am currently discussing these matters with the AG office and any additional facts would be helpful to all of us residents.
If you have an issue regarding anything legal concerning the purchase of your resale property, or simply have a question, this site will help you out:

RE - Home

If you need more information and need to speak with someone, the phone number is on the left hand side of the site.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:23 AM
Default The Villages Sales Agents

We just closed using TV Title Company and agent Kristin Coleman. Excellent experience - Absolutely no issues!
Old 10-30-2017, 06:20 AM
Veteran member

Never had a problem selling or buying our two home using The Villages. Everything was taken care of and the closings were simple. No stress. You do need to discuss all the particulars with your agent before you sign any contract. No different than any business transaction.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:23 AM
Veteran member

Caveat Emptor
Old 10-30-2017, 07:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTime View Post
Caveat Emptor
Well said.

Also;

Sero
venietibus
osso
Old 10-30-2017, 10:32 AM

They did ours
Old 10-30-2017, 10:33 AM

We have closed on two different homes and we had nothing but good to say about them.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:28 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,619 Times in 1,763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Sero
venietibus
osso (sic)
Those who come late get the bones? I do not follow. Is this a non sequitur to the OP or what?

sero venientibus ossa - Latin-English Dictionary - Glosbe

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
You snooze, you lose. The view lots in The Village we live in sold in seven hours a little over six years ago.

We found a house we really, really liked a lot in Hadley when we first came here and waited a half an hour too long. They ended up being very good friends who lived next door to us, but I really wanted THEIR house.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-30-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
department, villages, comments, agent, accuracy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.