It's a Golf Course ... Not a Park

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2020, 05:55 AM

Great idea, call community watch! They will come around and watch.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
We live on the 6th hole of the Longleaf executive golf course and we've been noticing lots of folks using the 5th and 6th holes as their personal fitness trail .Bikes, roller blades, runners ,dog walkers you name it they're doing it after the golfers have gone home. Why is this necessary . There are so many trails down here I don't see the need to treat the golf course like this. Al'so after dark we've been seeing people taking their golf carts on a tour disrupting the privacy I bought when I built my house. I'm thinking of walking around my lanai naked after dark that should keep them away
I would go with the naked idea but trolls may turn you in for non conforming ornament.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:01 AM

Talk to the golf ambassador during the day and Community Watch after hours.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
You seem to have a fetish about walking around naked. Your next door neighbor might not like having to see you. Oh well, life goes on.
Actually, being nude in your yard is perfectly legal in Florida as long as it’s not for lewd and lascivious purposes, and from what you say, I’m guessing you do not find the older human body lewd or lascivious. However, if you go out of your way to watch, such as using binoculars or taking photos or peeking over a courtyard fence, you could break the Peeping Tom law.

Do you remember the story of David and Bathsheba in the Bible? She was within her rights to bathe naked on her flat roof, but he was not within his rights to invite her over for dinner, seduce her, get her pregnant, have her husband killed, then make her son Solomon king. And that skinny-dipping nudist Bathsheba was an ancestor of Jesus!
Old 05-22-2020, 06:12 AM

Too funny. I swear, some people must just live their whole life dreaming about things to complain about. Pretty sad.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:15 AM
Default This works

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbajeda View Post
Talk to the golf ambassador during the day and Community Watch after hours.
We live on a championship course. This works. We haven't had a problem in years. No one is allowed on the course when it's closed. A lot of people don't know that but once they are told, they stop. Good luck.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGoldberg View Post
Actually, the golf courses are private property which is why you aren’t allowed to be on them or play golf after hours (although many do). I worked at a golf course here and that’s how I know the rule. Don’t shoot the messenger.
I’ve heard that argument made, but can you provide documentary evidence that each of those golf courses is privately owned by corporations not affiliated with The Villages and that not a penny of our fees goes in any way to maintain those courses? Running a golf course as nice as the upper tier courses at The Villages is very expensive, and it’s hard to believe that the courses, pools, clubhouses, etc. could be maintained with the very modest fees people pay for membership and greens fees.

The argument about liability is problematic, given that the alternative for many people is walking on the streets or on paths shared with golf carts and bicycles. If golfers aren’t golfing, I think walking on cart paths would be safer. I would agree that people should staff off the golf courses during playing hours if they are not playing, however. THAT would be potentially dangerous. Of course, I live on a “private” course and could get hit by a ball just sitting in my back yard.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:26 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
We live on the 6th hole of the Longleaf executive golf course and we've been noticing lots of folks using the 5th and 6th holes as their personal fitness trail .Bikes, roller blades, runners ,dog walkers you name it they're doing it after the golfers have gone home. Why is this necessary . There are so many trails down here I don't see the need to treat the golf course like this. Al'so after dark we've been seeing people taking their golf carts on a tour disrupting the privacy I bought when I built my house. I'm thinking of walking around my lanai naked after dark that should keep them away
You wanted a golf course view so it comes with issues. I love the view. Enjoy seeing the golfers and couldnt care less if other people are out there. Wanna go naked? Have at it! Enjoy the day.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
99% of the trails, except for the new south areas, are full of golf carts. People should be able to use golf course trails after the course is closed. Don't be such a grouch.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Please come to our neighborhood pool (naked) --pool to crowded
Old 05-22-2020, 06:40 AM

I lived on a golf course here for over nine years. Loved my view and it was for many years peaceful and quiet.I loved watching the golfers tee off and putt. However, it is very difficult to maintain the dirt, pollen, mold, summer kitchen, pool etc. The sun eventually rots the screens, the cool deck needs to be redone....on and on! That being said, it, too became a park after hours. Walkers, joggers, bikers and a dog park. People socializing, setting off fire crackers on the holidays and smoking. Not sure who has the authority after hours, but was told, no one was allowed on the course when closed. I also was on a pond and that was another problem. Water moccasins and rats.
People walking down there to fish???? I moved last year, and absolutely love being away from all of that. A nice clean enclosed lanai that can open up for fresh air. The positive was.... over nine years, I made a nice nest egg of $$$$ when I sold !!! These activities would never be allowed in most golf course communities. Thousands of dollars are spent to maintain these areas for golfing purposes. We pay trail fees to have access to the golf course for play. Should we start charging a fee to everyone for access to the golf courses????

Last edited by Fisherman; 05-22-2020 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Add more
Old 05-22-2020, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunky1 View Post
Where are the trolls when you need them?
Meeting every second Tuesday at ..........
Old 05-22-2020, 06:41 AM
Default Grouch?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
99% of the trails, except for the new south areas, are full of golf carts. People should be able to use golf course trails after the course is closed. Don't be such a grouch.
you are the grouch not wanting to follow the rules. Golf courses are not public parks. Golfers are allowed when signed in and golfing, walkers are allowed when signed in and golfing.
When courses are closed, they are closed to everyone, period.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:47 AM

Last I heard it was absolutely forbidden to be on the course after hours. Maybe that's just Championship courses. I live 4 houses away from one and my neighbors who live on the course have been kicked off.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:50 AM

If your privacy is that important, then maybe living in a community with lots of houses and people was not such a smart move. Just saying
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, dark, 6th, treat, taking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.