It's a Golf Course ... Not a Park

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2020, 06:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagesgal View Post
you are the grouch not wanting to follow the rules. Golf courses are not public parks. Golfers are allowed when signed in and golfing, walkers are allowed when signed in and golfing.
When courses are closed, they are closed to everyone, period.
If I have the last tee time out that day. I play very slowly ( take 42 practice swings at least 10 min to line up putts) it could be well after dark when I finish up
Old 05-22-2020, 07:02 AM

I live on a golf course and don't mind walkers/bikers after hours. But there should be jail time for those that do it on the street in the front of my house! Oh wait a minute that could be the same thing. Never mind.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
99% of the trails, except for the new south areas, are full of golf carts. People should be able to use golf course trails after the course is closed. Don't be such a grouch.
So by that logic, everyone should be able to use the rec centers, pools, pickle ball and tennis courts when they’re closed?
Old 05-22-2020, 07:09 AM

The golf course and it paths are not you property but everyones. You have no control over it. Privacy back up to a wall.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:10 AM
Default Ummmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
Actually, being nude in your yard is perfectly legal in Florida as long as it’s not for lewd and lascivious purposes, and from what you say, I’m gue
Would you be so kind as to find something in FL government docs that support your statement? This could easily become a Nudist colony, if what you say is true. IMHO
Old 05-22-2020, 07:11 AM
Default Ditto here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
We live on the 6th hole of the Longleaf executive golf course and we've been noticing lots of folks using the 5th and 6th holes as their personal fitness trail .Bikes, roller blades, runners ,dog walkers you name it they're doing it after the golfers have gone home. Why is this necessary . There are so many trails down here I don't see the need to treat the golf course like this. Al'so after dark we've been seeing people taking their golf carts on a tour disrupting the privacy I bought when I built my house. I'm thinking of walking around my lanai naked after dark that should keep them away
We are on Cane Gardens and we see people walking their dogs on and off leash on the course..on the tee boxes..driving golf carts and bikes and walking even after dark on the cart paths..it is in total violation of golf course and village rules..this is not your playground nor your dogs potty spot..the country clubs spend a lot of time getting them to look great and then there is so much disrespect for others properties..it would be like me walking your dog behind your home at night with a flashlight...stay off the courses
Old 05-22-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
If I have the last tee time out that day. I play very slowly ( take 42 practice swings at least 10 min to line up putts) it could be well after dark when I finish up
No problem if you're golfing!?!
Old 05-22-2020, 07:13 AM

I didn't realize that is your private path. Perhaps you should ask "THE AUTHORITIES" to put up a sign alerting people of THE VILLAGES it is a golf cart path to be used only during daylight hours. That ought to do the trick, don't you think?
Old 05-22-2020, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by detch View Post
I didn't realize that is your private path. Perhaps you should ask "THE AUTHORITIES" to put up a sign alerting people of THE VILLAGES it is a golf cart path to be used only during daylight hours. That ought to do the trick, don't you think?
It is a private path, which is closed after hours, and to non-golfers. I don’t understand how difficult it is for people to comprehend that fact.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:27 AM

I can comprehend it, but can you enforce it? I'd love to hear your plan for that, tell me how it works out, ok?
Old 05-22-2020, 07:29 AM

There have been many times we have gone to an executive course after the last tee time and before the staff has left. Enough daylight left to get 3-4 holes in. Every time we have been given permission by an Ambassador.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:37 AM

Wow what a world. I agree they probably should not be there. But to "THROW" them off. If you haven't asked why don't you call the villages and see who would handle this. Then they can ask them/tell them they cannot be there. No violence. now if you have asked and no one has said it is wrong then you are screwed.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:44 AM

The Executive courses are owned/governed by the District. The Champ courses are owned by the Villages(i.e. family), and are considered private property. If after hours play is allowed, so be it, and they can play on. As for the other recreational activities, they're not allowed. Both courses are maintained(watered, groomed, etc) for golfing activity and conditions. That's why you see signs posted on golf cart trails entering courses/holes, that read "golfing traffic only". If people are seen on Exec courses(not golfing), you call Community Watch(CW). For Championship courses, you can call CW, or SCSO. CW will ask them to leave, and if they refuse, they'll call Sumter Co Sheriff's Office, and they will be issued Trespassing Notices.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:45 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Golf courses are private and not to be used after hours or for anything but golf. Call community watch and take pictures and send them to the course manager. I bought on a golf course, not a gym or a dog park. The snarky comments are so stupid. This place has rules to protect the community. If you do not like rules, do not live here! And what golf course would allow people on it with skateboards, dogs, etc? None!
Old 05-22-2020, 07:56 AM

Most all of the post refer to courses being private and for golf only. True but what harm does a walker, biker, or jogger do to the course, They are on the golf cart path. When you buy on a golf course you give up some of your privacy.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, dark, 6th, treat, taking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.