It's a Golf Course ... Not a Park

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2020, 09:42 AM

When you get ready to skinny dip, let me know. I'll come and play guard for you!
Old 05-22-2020, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default It is just the right thing to do.

From the Villages Good Golf Guide:

• Golf courses are restricted to golfing traffic only.
• Please refrain from riding, biking, fishing, walking or engaging in other recreational activities on the courses.
• Pets are not permitted on golf courses or practice facilities at any time.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:49 AM
Default Closed means just that. CLOSED TO ALL.

closed means closed to all.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:03 AM
Default your view is not private

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeinFL View Post
I think these posts are going to drive up the property value of my very private lake view home in Fenney.
sorry, but you do not own the land directly adjacent to the lake, it is owned by the developer. You have to maintain it, but anyone can walk along the lakefront if it isn't fenced off. If it is fenced off you have to call community watch to report them just like people on a golf course. You do know that you have a greater chance of having a sink hole living near a lake.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweydash View Post
From the Villages Good Golf Guide:

• Golf courses are restricted to golfing traffic only.
• Please refrain from riding, biking, fishing, walking or engaging in other recreational activities on the courses.
• Pets are not permitted on golf courses or practice facilities at any time.

https://www.golfthevillages.com/golf...dgolfguide.pdf
Responding to a post on this forum with logic, or even documentary evidence, is as useful as "pi__ing into the wind" (as me pappy used to say); it serves no useful purpose except to get one's self very wet. Most of these folks (almost always the same posters) will rationalize their behavior and beliefs, regardless of any logic to the contrary. Those who already know, "get it". Those who don't, refuse to "get it". Their pragmatism transcends rules made for mere mortals, after all!

To wit: how could a reasoning individual NOT understand that a golf course is private property and NOT to be used for any activities except golf. And, after hours, NOT to be used for even that activity? Answer: they are either mentally challenged or refuse to "get it" because rules are for the other guy - you know, the "Great Unwashed".

Fred
Old 05-22-2020, 10:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
So, yet another thing to complain about. People are dying, while you sit an grumble about someone walking near your house. The cure for that is buy a house on 5 acres. People can risk their lives and walk in front of your house, on the road, and that's okay with you. People can choose to walk where its safe, not full of drunk drivers, and that's not okay with you. Way to find yet another way to give Villagers a bad name.
People die everyday, in TV, and all over the world.

Post is about those who are walking the courses, which is not allowed, other than the purpose of playing golf. Call golf ADmin they will give you the same answer.

OP is correct course down the street from us has an employee driving the course to warn them they are in the wrong.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:27 AM

Ok if you live on a golf course and you don't mind golfers playing from 7am to 6pm but the clock strikes 1 minutes later someone walks by and it bothers you I guess I get it. But if you don't live on one and it bothers you then dude that sure is a lot of undue stress.

Side note. I live on one and walkers use the path. No extra wear and tear.

Last edited by timinthevillages; 05-22-2020 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:34 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTOWELL View Post
It would be like me walking my dog behind your home at night with a flashlight...stay off the courses
Even though I don't own the golf course I did pay a premium . Correct me if I'm wrong but the courses close after the last tee time is finished. No one should be doing anything but playing golf on the Golf Courses. So not only can I expect to see golfers during hours of operation I should also expect no activity on the closed courses after hours. All of this is why I paid the premium.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:38 AM
Bosoxfan

You know a couple walkers at dusk doesn't bother me . It's the bikes, the dog walkers and roller blades. These paths are not meant for this kind of use. After dark is when I don't expect to see golf carts with people partying and slowing down to gawk into my yard or watch me on my lanai. Unacceptable
Old 05-22-2020, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

I like my corner lot villa wall, plenty of space and nobody intrudes.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

About seven years ago two grandchildren, teens, tore the hell out of several greens, "just for fun".

Folks aren't allowed to be on golf courses unless they are playing golf or work there. That's how it floats. I never realized how many folks enjoy testing the rules. They assuredly weren't raised by MY mother.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,492 Posts
Default I hear you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
About seven years ago two grandchildren, teens, tore the hell out of several greens, "just for fun".

Folks aren't allowed to be on golf courses unless they are playing golf or work there. That's how it floats. I never realized how many folks enjoy testing the rules. They assuredly weren't raised by MY mother.
My folks taught me to respect rules and be respectful of others and their property. Parents are to blame when kids, grandkid misbehave or act out destructively. They failed at their job and raised egotistical, arrogant spoiled individuals whom (in their own minds) the world revolves around.
Sad to see the decline of civilization, isn't it?!
Old 05-22-2020, 11:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
It starts with a call to Community Watch
Oh yeah, like that's gonna do a lot of good.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-22-2020, 11:37 AM

Different subject. We are renting our place out and part of the package is golf. The Villages have decided that guests are not allowed to play the executive courses. Renters/ guest are pretty upset about this. Quoting- this is part of the package I payed for. Responses?
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, dark, 6th, treat, taking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.