It's Not All Fenney

It's Not All Fenney

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

It's Not All Fenney
Old 01-01-2019, 05:45 PM

Default It's Not All Fenney

I think that the majority of homeowners living in The Villages categorize all homes South of 44 as Fenney. Fenney was the first village where construction began. Right now Desoto, McClure and Marsh Bend are being built with their own amenities. My husband and I reserved a newly released lot in Marsh Bend to build "the home of our dreams". Hopefully our current home in The Villages will sell within the time frame necessary to secure the lot and build our newest home. The location of our lot is three and a half miles to Fenney Grill and three miles from 44. The area once known as "Fenney" has expanded far beyond one village.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:00 PM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

You'll be close to the new Rec Center and to the Pitch & Putt. For now people will call this area Fenney as they did with Lake Sumter and again with Brownwood even though there are a bunch of individual villages down here. Congratulations on your new build, you are going to be in a very popular area.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2019, 07:31 PM

Yes, they all incorrectly call it Fenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
I think that the majority of homeowners living in The Villages categorize all homes South of 44 as Fenney. Fenney was the first village where construction began. Right now Desoto, McClure and Marsh Bend are being built with their own amenities. My husband and I reserved a newly released lot in Marsh Bend to build "the home of our dreams". Hopefully our current home in The Villages will sell within the time frame necessary to secure the lot and build our newest home. The location of our lot is three and a half miles to Fenney Grill and three miles from 44. The area once known as "Fenney" has expanded far beyond one village.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:16 PM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle

The lots are generally smaller south of 44 and set-backs less making driveways not long enough to park two cars bumper to bumper. Perhaps some of the newer Villages may be different but up to now that is what I observe. Bonds and taxes are generally higher too. That is the new normal as The Villages continues to expand, however, that has been the trend in years past.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:45 PM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The lots are generally smaller south of 44 and set-backs less making driveways not long enough to park two cars bumper to bumper. Perhaps some of the newer Villages may be different but up to now that is what I observe. Bonds and taxes are generally higher too. That is the new normal as The Villages continues to expand, however, that has been the trend in years past.
That's not true. My driveway is one of the smaller ones and it's 40 ft long, it would be even longer if I didn't have a stretched garage. Taxes are based on the valuation of the home, Fenney rates are no different than any other home in Sumter county and/or within Wildwood. Lake county Pine Hills and Pine Ridge have higher taxes than we have down here as do some of the other villages. Bonds I don't know how to compare but I have no problem with ours. Another nice thing about the lots down here are there are a multitude of retention ponds allowing for more lots on water, also where else can you go to get the selection of Veranda Homes that we have down here.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomsiepop View Post
Congratulations on hopefully building your dream home...One thing though Marsh Bend is not 3 1/2 miles from the Fenney grill...Id say it's a mile and a half ...if that...anyway good luck on selling your home

Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
The Village of McClure November 7th ,2018
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011
Old 01-02-2019, 08:39 AM

Location: Currently Atlanta GA - Formerly Endicott and Syracuse NY

How about calling it the LOWER 44 ??
Old 01-02-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Another nice thing about the lots down here are there are a multitude of retention ponds allowing for more lots on water, .
Are you aware of the problematic 'retention' ponds in the North end of the villages.. ie google this headline: Sinkhole-damaged pond in Village of Alhambra draining again after recent $100,000 repairs
Old 01-02-2019, 09:25 AM
Veteran member

"Where?"

"Desoto!"

" Oh Yeah. Thats down Fenney, you can't miss it!"
Old 01-02-2019, 09:29 AM

The proper term for the general area is "Southern Oaks". Before I moved here, I kept hearing references to "the village of Southern Oaks", but could never find a village by that name. I later found it's actually "the villageS of Southern Oaks" and Fenney is but one of them. Before the recent re-opening of CR501 and the new roundabout and stop light intersection on 468, there were no obvious references to McClure or DeSoto unless you entered Fenney first. From there you could cross out of Fenney and into a gate marked DeSoto. But, from there, it was basically just an imaginary line when you cross from DeSoto into McClure. But, now there are 2 new gate entrances, 1 on the other end of Fenney Way and 1 off of CR501, that say "Village of McClure'. For many, though, it will continue to be referred to, generally, as "the Fenney area" for a long time.

Tags
fenney, home, lot, bend, village