It's Not All Fenney

It's Not All Fenney

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-02-2019, 10:08 AM
Veteran member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
Are you aware of the problematic 'retention' ponds in the North end of the villages.. ie google this headline: Sinkhole-damaged pond in Village of Alhambra draining again after recent $100,000 repairs
We'll, it's been over two years since the excavation and building of retention ponds started down here, we had no problems with any of them flooding during Irma and have had no hint of a sink hole since this all started. Maybe they'll eventually show up down here but there have been none documented unlike some areas north of 44. We live on water and I would not hesitate for one minute in building on water again.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
We'll, it's been over two years since the excavation and building of retention ponds started down here, we had no problems with any of them flooding during Irma and have had no hint of a sink hole since this all started. Maybe they'll eventually show up down here but there have been none documented unlike some areas north of 44. We live on water and I would not hesitate for one minute in building on water again.
.....and they are using plastic storm water pipe around all the new builds, not the holed, leaking, and rusty tin stuff they used 'up north' that seems to be linked with many of the so called sinkholes.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2019, 10:12 AM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
Are you aware of the problematic 'retention' ponds in the North end of the villages.. ie google this headline: Sinkhole-damaged pond in Village of Alhambra draining again after recent $100,000 repairs
But, IMO usually takes around 15 years for the old metal street drains to leak enough to cause ground to collapse. Hopefully the are using non rust pipes for the last 10 years? I know some the ones up north are corrigated steel cause I can see them in the drained pond rotted out.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:24 AM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
IMO I would just make sure street drains to retention pond don’t run under your property. IMO it should be disclosed what runs under your lot especially 15 or 20 foot down below pond water levels
Old 01-03-2019, 11:13 AM
Veteran member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO I would just make sure street drains to retention pond don’t run under your property. IMO it should be disclosed what runs under your lot especially 15 or 20 foot down below pond water levels

We all have more important things to worry about for the relatively short period of time we have left on this earth without worrying about a plastic pipe 20 feet under ground. Not all, but most of these ponds have only one pipe in and one pipe out and you can easily see where they are located. I'm safe from the worry.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
We all have more important things to worry about for the relatively short period of time we have left on this earth without worrying about a plastic pipe 20 feet under ground. Not all, but most of these ponds have only one pipe in and one pipe out and you can easily see where they are located. I'm safe from the worry.
You are right again. Sinkholes are caused by the geological composition of this area. Google sinkholes in Florida. the worst area is over by Tampa. The Morses don't build over there.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:30 PM
Sage

There is a difference between a sink hole and a collapsed pipe.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:38 PM

Are they running out of words to put together? "Marsh Bend??"
Old 01-03-2019, 03:21 PM

Maybe if the district government would keep the maps posted on the website up to date, there would be less confusion. Most are over 2 years old now. You have to wonder if the district government actually knows what areas they are responsible for.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
Maybe if the district government would keep the maps posted on the website up to date, there would be less confusion. Most are over 2 years old now. You have to wonder if the district government actually knows what areas they are responsible for.
I don't wonder. Have you signed up for updates?

Tags
fenney, home, lot, bend, village