Ivy model?

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Default Ivy model?

We are seriously considering the Ivy model. Any Ivy model owners out there? What were your thoughts and we what other models did you look at? Did you do any stretches? What did you do with your garage?
Old 12-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Sage

Is the Ivy the 4-bedroom version of the Lantana? If your lot is large enough to accommodate it, I'd say go for it.

As others have said in separate threads, stretch every which way you can and, for sure, include a golf cart garage. We were at an open Lantana in Sanibel the other day and the sales rep said it was hard to find a lot in Sanibel large enough on which to build a Lantana.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Location: Currently in New Freedom PA. 2012, A Village of Sanibel resident

Yes, Stretch everywhere you can, as long as your lot will allow for it. I would suggest that, if you have the room, go for a 3 car garage instead of the Golf Cart garage. It gives you more room for your cart/s. You can never go wrong with more space. I got the Golf Cart garage, as I did not have the room for a 3 car garage.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Platinum member

If you can, add more recepticles. I have always felt like there should be some in the bathrooms other than the 1 or 2 under the medicine cabinets.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 12-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Default few thoughts

Take a look at the dinning room chandler , it centered to the sliders not to the room . Ask the builder to move it.

Fan in family room is probably not were you will want it for your furniture.

If you are going to have a wall unit for the TV have them drop a cable Tv line behind the unit

Consider a pocket door to close off laundry room

Consider additional lighting in family room.

Consider exterior lights in back ,by slab for bbq

Consider were you will place internet cable modem, printers, chargers in house. They will either require additional outlets or power strip.

Some builder will accommodate you requests , others will not. Address these requests at contact.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Sage

Soonfl: So are you saying you can ask for modifications through the builder on your homesite and not TV?
Old 12-30-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJohn View Post
Yes, Stretch everywhere you can, as long as your lot will allow for it. I would suggest that, if you have the room, go for a 3 car garage instead of the Golf Cart garage. It gives you more room for your cart/s. You can never go wrong with more space. I got the Golf Cart garage, as I did not have the room for a 3 car garage.
John How much you need to stretch your golf cart garage to make it a 3 car Garage ? I got room to stretch
Old 12-30-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Mary View Post
John How much you need to stretch your golf cart garage to make it a 3 car Garage ? I got room to stretch
I believe 2 feet
Old 12-31-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
I believe 2 feet
Thanks Penguin did you stretch your golf cart garage ?
Old 12-31-2011, 01:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Is the Ivy the 4-bedroom version of the Lantana? If your lot is large enough to accommodate it, I'd say go for it.

As others have said in separate threads, stretch every which way you can and, for sure, include a golf cart garage. We were at an open Lantana in Sanibel the other day and the sales rep said it was hard to find a lot in Sanibel large enough on which to build a Lantana.
yes, it was hard to find a lot for us to build a stretched Zinnia with a golf cart garage. We haven't started building but it's a nice lot with a retention pond behind.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.