a close brother

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default a close brother

Back in Ohio, my brother lives in Springfield and I live in Urbana which is separated by some 15 miles. My brother may now own a house six houses away from me.

All I did was to invite him to travel with me this past Saturday to Florida and see my new house in The Village of Lake Deaton. Now, I did tell him about the good deal on the only house still for sale on my street. I had no idea that by Wednesday he would actually be in the process of purchasing it.

Are there other brothers in The Villages who live close and remain friends/brothers?
Old 02-11-2015, 08:55 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Yup. Brothers, sisters, parents, the whole gamut. I think there's one small street where almost everyone is related. As long as you have some different interests, you should be fine. You'll probably do a lot together in the beginning but will gradually find your individual paths.

Congrats to both of you.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

It has already helped my brother that we are close as we notice many people going through his new house while driving down the street to my house. Apparently, the Villages salesperson had not gotten the word that it had been sold to my brother the previous day.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 02-12-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:19 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Great to have him close for both of you. How about Urbanna, Virginia? My office is there and also where I owned my first home. Great little town of 500 people on the Rappahannock River!

Last edited by Bay Kid; 02-13-2015 at 08:20 AM. Reason: add info
Old 02-13-2015, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We have two sets of siblings and one parent and child..all with their own homes, in our small village of 54 homes. We enjoy them, they enjoy each other and all is well.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Back in Ohio, my brother lives in Springfield and I live in Urbana which is separated by some 15 miles. My brother may now own a house six houses away from me.

All I did was to invite him to travel with me this past Saturday to Florida and see my new house in The Village of Lake Deaton. Now, I did tell him about the good deal on the only house still for sale on my street. I had no idea that by Wednesday he would actually be in the process of purchasing it.

Are there other brothers in The Villages who live close and remain friends/brothers?
I think you are so fortunate to have him moving here. My sister, who was like a Mother to me, is lost in her own little world of dementia, I would give anything to have her back to normal and living close by.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-13-2015, 09:48 AM
Gold member

Congratulations!

Many here have friends and relatives who seem afraid to come, for fear their naysayer ideas (prejudices) might be contradicted by realities and diversity of TV.

You'll have a great time together with the neighbors. And yes, we have widower siblings living together in the neighborhood.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.