Thoughts on the apartments around Brownwood.

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2020, 07:24 AM
Default Thoughts on the apartments around Brownwood.

Hello All,
When I was at TV in December there was much discussion among those I know who live around Brownwood about the apartments. I heard in general that "people" were upset that these folks wouldn't have to pay an amenity fee. I was told this has never been done anywhere else in TV and it will eventually make Brownwood very crowded. I am just trying to evaluate for my home search. I appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks and Happy New Year.
Craig
Old 01-05-2020, 07:32 AM

Given that The Villages own these apartments, who is to say if the rent doesn't already "include" the amenity fee? If anyone else in The Villages rents their home the tenants don't pay the amenity fee either - the homeowner does (at least in every instance that I'm aware of).

There is always something to complain about if one really wants to. As long as they keep expanding the facilities (rec centers, town squares, etc.) there will be plenty to do for everyone.

If one really wants something to complain about it would be the fact that the apartments will probably eat into the market for folks that previously rented homes while evaluating The Villages lifestyle. From a business perspective the developer has identified an opportunity and looks to be wisely capitalizing on it. We don't rent our home so it really doesn't matter to me either way.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,414 Times in 5,106 Posts

They may not pay amenity fees directly, but I think there will be some kind of indirect payment. For example, I don't think the people living at Freedom Pointe pay amenity fees either, but they have access to the amenities.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

One need to not listen to rumors. If it’s new someone isn’t going to be happy.

Freedom point does not have amenities fees, but that $4000 Plus a month, give them the same as an owner

None of Us know what the management company rules are with the new apartments. They have their own pool, workout center, and dog park. Lease is one year, with no sublet.

We are awaiting our contact from the company to find out all details. So I until then, why worry about things you have no control of
Old 01-05-2020, 07:40 AM
Default Not a complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
Given that The Villages own these apartments, who is to say if the rent doesn't already "include" the amenity fee? If anyone else in The Villages rents their home the tenants don't pay the amenity fee either - the homeowner does (at least in every instance that I'm aware of).

There is always something to complain about if one really wants to. As long as they keep expanding the facilities (rec centers, town squares, etc.) there will be plenty to do for everyone.

If one really wants something to complain about it would be the fact that the apartments will probably eat into the market for folks that previously rented homes while evaluating The Villages lifestyle. From a business perspective the developer has identified an opportunity and looks to be wisely capitalizing on it. We don't rent our home so it really doesn't matter to me either way.
No complaint here just discussion. Have a great day!
Old 01-05-2020, 07:43 AM

Yes, these apartments will require a one year lease. So they will not appeal to snowbirds or short term people.

They will pay an amenity fee, it will be built into their rent and forwarded to the appropriate District.

I am more concerned about how the amenity fee will be calculated. For example, several of the allocations are based upon "rooftops." There are a lot of apartments under one rooftop.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:57 AM
Veteran member

Find a nice resale in the Sumter Landing area, you will be between Brownwood and Spanish Springs and away from the main traffic areas of 44, 301,27, 441.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

As far as Brownwood being crowded, it draws from more than TV. We started renting in 07. Bought first home in 10. The squares for the first 10 years were visited maybe couple times a month. Now only if someone visits, so the new loft residents can have our spot
Old 01-05-2020, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
Yes, these apartments will require a one year lease. So they will not appeal to snowbirds or short term people.

They will pay an amenity fee, it will be built into their rent and forwarded to the appropriate District.

I am more concerned about how the amenity fee will be calculated. For example, several of the allocations are based upon "rooftops." There are a lot of apartments under one rooftop.
Agree with this ^^^
When you "hear" a rumor about something of interest to you, your first reaction shouldn't be to post on the internet asking for everyone else's reaction to the rumor. The first reaction should be to make an attempt to find out if there's any truth to it.

Right on the Villages own website advertising for the Lofts, it says the amenity fee will be built into the rent.

So the only rumor being passed is by someone who either a) didn't bother to read the actual information from the actual source or b) someone who did read it, but has an axe to grind against the Developer and is intentionally stirring the pot.

I'm also concerned though about how the amenity fee will be split among tenants. Don't forget it's a multi-story complex - so people on the first floor have NO roof at all. They're under the unit that has the roof.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The Villages Florida
Amenities at The Lofts

Pet Lawn
On-site recreation building
Resort-style outdoor heated pool
Outdoor car & golf cart parking
Access to The Villages recreation:

Free golf on all executive courses*, swimming, tennis, pickleball, bocce, shuffleboard and activities throughout the community; more than 3,000 social groups and recreation clubs; 24-hour community watch.

The Lofts at Brownwood | The Villages
Old 01-05-2020, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The Villages Florida
Amenities at The Lofts

Pet Lawn
On-site recreation building
Resort-style outdoor heated pool
Outdoor car & golf cart parking
Access to The Villages recreation:

Free golf on all executive courses*, swimming, tennis, pickleball, bocce, shuffleboard and activities throughout the community; more than 3,000 social groups and recreation clubs; 24-hour community watch.

That page describes the amenities. THIS page specifies that there is an amenity fee:

Left-most column under "Home Features" that is titled: "Amenity Fee Includes"
Old 01-05-2020, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Villages News online July 28, 2019
Lofts at Brownwood bringing apartments with amenities to The Villages

The Lofts at Brownwood, which for the first time will offer apartment living with full use of amenities in The Villages, has begun taking shape a stone’s throw from Paddock Square.

The Lofts at Brownwood will include 265 age-restricted apartment-style units. The residents of the apartments will have their own private resort-style pool, clubhouse and fitness center. They also will have a dog park. In addition, 100 percent of residents of the Lofts at Brownwood will have Villages amenities built into their rental fee.

As the apartment buildings rise, many are wondering what the future holds for apartment life in The Villages.

Condominiums and apartments will be allowed in the new Villages of Southern Oaks, a sprawling development that will stretch from U.S. 301 east nearly to County Road 470 on both sides of the Florida Turnpike.

Apartments and condominiums would squeeze more money out of the acreage it is located on and provide a steady income for The Villages.

However, some residents who bought homes, pay amenity fees and pay property taxes are not happy about the idea of apartments in The Villages.

Villages Sun June 25, 2018
Development Of The Lofts Begins Today At Brownwood

The Villages moves forward today with site work on the Lofts at Brownwood, 265 age-restricted apartment-style living units at the southeast corner of Powell Road and County Road 44A at Brownwood. It’s a project developers say is driven by resident input and feedback. To learn more, check out The Lofts at Brownwood | The Villages.

It will include 275,000 square feet of residential space; 12,954 square feet of garage bays; a pool; a pavilion; a clubhouse with a game room, fitness center and space for friends to gather; a dog park; and a mail center.

And residents not only will have full access to The Villages’ amenities through a monthly amenity fee, but also complete golf cart access to all recreational and commercial services in the community. The developer provides more information at The Lofts at Brownwood | The Villages.

Because of the scope of the project, the Developer recently secured development approval from the Wildwood City Commission to permanently close Brownwood Boulevard beginning today from Shady Nook Run to County Road 44A.

As construction progresses, the Developer also anticipates closing Shady Nook Run east of Brownwood Boulevard.

This project will add a considerable economic impact to the area. Using the current Census multiplier of 1.8 people per home in The Villages, the leased units at the Lofts could become home to about 477 Villagers.

Also: New demographic data paints a revealing portrait of the growth of the community in terms of age and sex. While it remains the oldest population in the country, residents in The Villages metropolitan statistical area aged at only a 3.5 percent rate from 2013 to 2017, according to Census Bureau data released Thursday. The median age last year for both sexes was 67.4, but 67 for males and 67.7 for females. The largest numeric change occurred within the age bracket of Villagers at least 65 or older at 17,299 new residents. Within that category, the 70 to 74 age bracket grew by 5,893 residents for a 35.8 percent gain and the 75 to 79 bracket grew by 5,107 residents for a 49.9 percent gain. However, the biggest five-year percentage increase occurred in the 80 to 84 age bracket, with 2,703 new residents for a 50.6 percent gain. By the way, women remain the majority demographic at 37,025 females to 34,249 males of all residents age 65 or older.

Also: Once again, The Villages maintained its status as Florida’s most stable real estate market, according to CoreLogic’s latest “Home Price Insights” report. For perspective, CoreLogic, a real estate data and analytics firm, supports a key national economic indicator — the S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller index. And CoreLogic classified The Villages metropolitan statistical area in April as the only MSA in the state where home prices are neither overvalued nor undervalued. In fact, its research staff considers all other Florida MSAs as overvalued — a classification inherited from the 2008 national recession that severely devalued most Florida MSAs, except in The Villages. Meanwhile, home values in The Villages continue on a steady climb, according to CoreLogic. Year-over-year home values increased in April by 4.3 percent.

Also: Wildwood city planners are reviewing development plans for the 303 acres that will connect the existing Meggison Road on the north side of State Road 44 with zoned growth north of Warm Springs Avenue (formerly County Road 468) and on the east side of Florida’s Turnpike. Recent action by the Wildwood City Commission approved the 303 acres for a variety of residential and commercial uses.

Also: The Developer’s infrastructure work on the 303 acres south of Brownwood would enhance the announced development of the proposed Central Florida Health expansion on 41 acres due south of the town center. Central Florida Health, the nonprofit parent of The Villages Regional Hospital and Leesburg Regional Medical Center, envisions the development of an emergency department on that 41-acre site. Officials at the hospital group recently told the Daily Sun the project is in the planning and development stage.

Also: That Central Florida Health emergency department would complement The Villages current development of the Center for Advanced Healthcare and the Brownwood Hotel & Spa, about a quarter-mile to the west and north of SR 44. Planned as a bedless hospital, the Center for Advanced Healthcare would provide an extensive menu of multispecialty medical practices capable of doing many of the inpatient services done at a traditional hospital, which would give patients the choice to recuperate in the adjoining resort-style hotel, at a rehabilitation facility or at home.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

This false rumor will just not die.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:01 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

The lofts won’t be cheap and they will make a very nice net profit. Arguably they have their place here in The Villages .
Old 01-06-2020, 12:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
One need to not listen to rumors. If it’s new someone isn’t going to be happy.

Freedom point does not have amenities fees, but that $4000 Plus a month, give them the same as an owner

None of Us know what the management company rules are with the new apartments. They have their own pool, workout center, and dog park. Lease is one year, with no sublet.

We are awaiting our contact from the company to find out all details. So I until then, why worry about things you have no control of
It says "pet lawn" as opposed to dog park. I'm wondering if that's just a place to "water" your dog, or if it's an actual fenced-in dog park with all the usual dog park amentities (water provided, shade & cover provided, fencing, divisions for large and small dogs...)

Tags
brownwood, thoughts, apartments, eventually, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.