Jersey Boys

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2018, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts
Default Jersey Boys

I've seen Jersey Boys a couple of times on Broadway, including the original Broadway cast. I must say, the touring cast did a wonderful job and production of this show was nearly on point with the Broadway production.

Jersey Boys at The Sharon was wonderful and the cast was so well received by our Villagers audience. At one point during the show, the applause was prolonged, the cast had to wait to proceed. The smiles on their faces said it all.

I'm so happy we have a PAC right here in The Villages to satisfy my love of live theater on caliber with Broadway productions and talent.

Last edited by coffeebean; 04-24-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:10 AM

Old 04-15-2018, 04:35 PM
Veteran member
Default Obscene language

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I've see Jersey Boys a couple of times on Broadway, including the original Broadway cast. I must say, the touring cast did a wonderful job and production of this show was nearly on point with the Broadway production.

Jersey Boys at The Sharon was wonderful and the cast was so well received by our Villagers audience. At one point during the show, the applause was prolonged, the cast had to wait to proceed. The smiles on their faces said it all.

I'm so happy we have a PAC right here in The Villages to satisfy my love of live theater on caliber with Broadway productions and talent.
A great show, spoiled by the obscene language, which was completely unnecessary
Old 04-15-2018, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junction29 View Post
Totally disagree about the use of obscene language. I loved and appreciated the realism. These guys were not choir boys from New Jersey.

Last edited by coffeebean; 04-15-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junction29 View Post
Guess you never lived in Joisey. Ya Think the crowd was too young for those "dirty words?"

Oh, and the show was GREAT!
Old 04-16-2018, 09:34 AM

Anyone from NJ will appreciate this. After spending 40 years in Nj, we moved to Raleigh NC. When "Jersey Boys" came to the PAC there, we had to see it. Upon entering the theater we were greeted by Large printed signs stating "WARNING, bright lights, loud gunshots, and typical vulgar Jersey language may offend some".
Old 04-16-2018, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts
Default Jersey Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanfromNC View Post
Anyone from NJ will appreciate this. After spending 40 years in Nj, we moved to Raleigh NC. When "Jersey Boys" came to the PAC there, we had to see it. Upon entering the theater we were greeted by Large printed signs stating "WARNING, bright lights, loud gunshots, and typical vulgar Jersey language may offend some".

Typical jersey language! No fuggin' way! [emoji12] Although since I moved here over a year ago I do find myself saying "dang it" and "aww garsh" a lot more
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Closed Thread

Tags
cast, broadway, jersey, boys, production

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.