Julie Jason

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Sage
Default Julie Jason

Received an email from a friend who asked if TV residents might be interested in having Julie Jason come to speak. I don't know who would be "in charge" of lining up speakers but have attached Julie's CV. Anyone have any comments?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Julie Jason CV 2013 2 28.doc (42.5 KB, 333 views)
Old 03-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Sage

Shucks. I just tried to open the document I attached and it doesn't open. Let me know if you are also having a problem? Thanks.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Shucks. I just tried to open the document I attached and it doesn't open. Let me know if you are also having a problem? Thanks.
Can't open it. It's a DOC file.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Received an email from a friend who asked if TV residents might be interested in having Julie Jason come to speak. I don't know who would be "in charge" of lining up speakers but have attached Julie's CV. Anyone have any comments?
I can't open your attachment. Is Julie Jason the Financial guru that wrote a book on Retirement?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Sage

Yes, Julie is the financial guru that wrote the book on Retirement.

So this doesn't open word docs? hmmmn. How would I post her CV from the word doc I have?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Veteran member

Try saving it as a .pdf file and then repost.

By the way, it opened fine for me.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Sage

Opened for me too
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 03-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Sage

I have no idea how to save as a pdf. Judy, can you post the entire CV? That would eliminate the problem with opening it. More importantly, after reading it, who would be the person to call to see if htere is interest in having her come to TV to speak.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

///

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-19-2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: humor was humorless.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Sage

Last edited by shcisamax; 03-19-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
oooohhhhh. I didn't know that was a requirement. I thought TV wanted to provide good info to their population. But actually, that makes perfect sense. I will pass on that info. Should I just call the different rec centers to see their rates or is their a centralized place for this info?
I don't know Sandra. I was just pulling on a leg here and there. AND wasn't the fitness girl, the walk off the pounds girl at the square? I was funning you a bit.

I am your friend.

I had better go back and delete that. I have never ever been good at being a smart aleck. Sorry.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Veteran member
Default Hope this works!

Here is the link in a format that should open for all interested.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Julie Jason CV 2013 2 28.pdf (29.0 KB, 455 views)
Old 03-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Sage

Gracie, you really had me on that one.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Sage

Opened for me. Here you go.

JULIE JASON: A TRUSTED VOICE IN RETIREMENT INVESTING

A trusted voice in retirement investing, Julie Jason started her career on Wall Street as a lawyer after earning her advanced law degree from Columbia University. Her experience writing prospectuses and proxy statements helped her develop a critical eye and a taste for healthy skepticism.
Over the years, she has served as an arbitrator and an mediator for Finra, the regulatory body overseeing the financial services industry, and as a money manager focusing on the special needs of well-to-do families approaching retirement for Jackson, Grant Investment Advisers, Inc., a firm she co-founded twenty years ago.
As a financial columnist of 15 years, she approaches retirement topics with analytical fervor and fresh insights gained from her 30 plus years in the trenches. She is the author of six finance books including The AARP Retirement Survival Guide: How to Make Smart Financial Decisions in Good Times & Bad (Sterling 2009) and Managing Retirement Wealth: An Expert Guide to Personal Portfolio Management in Good Times & Bad (Sterling 2011), both recipients of the EIFLE award for Excellence in Financial Literacy Education (2011 and 2012).
Julie's focus on investor education extends to commenting on SEC rule proposals, some of which have been quoted by the SEC. Her articles on disclosure have appeared in peer-reviewed law and CPA publications (Trusts & Estates Magazine and the Journal of Accountancy). Her books and articles have received a number of awards for excellence in financial writing, including recognition by Booklist (American Library Association/ Top Ten Business Book) and the NY State Society of CPAs (excellence in financial journalism).
Over the years, Julie has addressed national (CNBC) and local TV (Chanel 12), radio (NPR), and in-person audiences on financial literacy and investment topics (AARP National Conventions 2011 and 2012). She has taught investment principles to members of the general public as well as attorneys and accountants for continuing education credit. She has participated in tax dialogues on a national level as the state of Connecticut's representative to the Taxpayer Advocacy Panel (TAP), a federal advisory committee to the IRS, receiving President Obama's Call to Service Award (2009) in recognition of more than 4,000 hours of TAP service.
Julie's biography appears in Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in Finance and Industry, Who’s Who in American Law, Who’s Who of American Women, and Who’s Who of Emerging Leaders. Jackson, Grant is located at 2 High Ridge Park in Stamford, CT 06905. Telephone: 203 322-1198. www.jacksongrant.us www.juliejason.com

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Sage

So I repeat the question: Is this something people in TV would enjoy and, if so, who do I contact or who do I tell my friend to contact?

BTW: Thanks, 2BNTV
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.