Lanai facing golf course

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Sage
Default Lanai facing golf course

I'd like to hear from those who have a lanai that is golf front.

Is it much quieter since you have no neighbor's lanai out back?
Are there any concerns with privacy?
Can a golf ball come through the screened cage if you have one?
Are the golf cart paths a pain?

Also - East or West facing - Is there a big difference?

Old 08-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Platinum member
Default Re: Lanai facing golf course

Russ:
No point of view here about golf course or not, because I don't have such access. I wasn't even interested, frankly, after learning of the serious sur-charge that was associated with such a location.
BUT, I was adamant that my lanai NOT be west-facing. When I was researching places in Fla, not just TV, I looked at model homes in one community all of which had a west-facing lanai (and, most were open only on one side) and they were like ovens in the late afternoon!
I ended up with a north-facing lanai wth the narrow end west-facing. About $300 added a roll down screen/shade for those hottest times, and I'm delighted!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:19 PM

Drawing a blank on which golf course but their fences looked like a bombed out area in Bhagdad. I saw another hole put in a fence. I guess if you are on the tee then it is OK as far as damage is concerned....(but sometimes my slices are impressive LMAO). I'm sure that the lanai's get some destruction too.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:52 PM

My son once gave me a name embosser for my golf balls. I figured if it hit something while flying around I did not want anyone to know who hit it. Yes they will go through screens. You definitely do not want to be west facing. If you are then it is just wasted space.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Eternal Member

I guess it would depend on how far away your lanai is away from the actual golf course area. If you live on an executive course wear a hard hat and be prepared to fix screens. The golfers will root around your bushes for their balls. If you are near a tee or a green you will lots of new words - unless you were a sailor or Marine.

In the early AM they mow the greens and the tees. That is something to wake up to. Golfers will look into your lanai to see what you are doing. Sometimes you might get a hello - probably not.

I do not live on a golf course and would never want to - because of the above.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Sage

I have a home on the 4th and 7th fairway of Caroline. We get an occasional ball in the yard. No one has ever poked around in our bushes looking for lost balls. Most people will wave and smile as they pass by.
I like that it's so open and peaceful in my back yard. Coming from a large property, we really wanted the sense of space that comes with being on the golf course.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Veteran member

We live on Allamanda. Our lot has a deep, panoramic view up through the Eagle Preserve and at night we can see the lights turning on the Lake Sumter Lighthouse. We were lucky. We are situated so we almost never get a golf ball in the yard so lucky again. If you spend any amount of time out there, you get a real clinic on golf. You wonder why anyone would take up the game. On the other hand, we have seen some magnificent shots. I told my wife that I would not move to the Villages or anywhere else if we had to look into someone's lanai. When she was here, she found this magnificent lot...we have mostly privacy, great neighbors, and a beautiful view.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default RUSS_BOSTON

I LIVE ON AMBERWOOD, HAVE NEVER HAD A BALL IN MY YARD. LOVE TO WATCH THE GOLFERS STRUGGLE THROUGH ;D ITS FUN, I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN THREE HOLES IN ONE . I MAY SELL MY TELEVISION.. ;D

MY LANAI FACES NORTH (JUST LUCK) AND THATS THE ONLY WAY TO GO...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.