Line Dancing

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Default Line Dancing

I was telling a friend of mine about all the activities in TV and menioned line dancing. She said she thought that it was an exercise for old people with walkers!!!!! :She's never visited TV and her concept, like so many uninformed people, think it's another retirement home where people go to get old and grumpy! I tried to tell her that it was nothing like that, but you have to see it to believe it!

18 months and counting...............................2 more Connecticut winters. I'm extremely jealous of all you lucky people who have just purchased your dream home and will be living the good life soon! Good luck all, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Line Dancing

My wife and I were line dancing (and doing 12 other forms of C&W dancing) for 6 years from 1993 until 1999, until she was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome (I don't think it was caused by the dancing :'( )

But when we were line dancing, I was at my best weight ever, I'd sweat like a pig and have a great time. I really do miss it. We were at the point where we collected choreo sheets for about 200 dances, we memorized about half of them, but new ones would begin falling out of our memory banks.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 11-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Eternal Member

Are there any line dancing classes available for true beginners? Seems like everyone already know how to line dance!

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:06 AM

I plan to see if there is room for me in "Line dancing for dummies" through the Lifelong learning College.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.