Katie Belle's

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue72 View Post
We bought our home specifically near Spanish Springs mostly to be near Katie Belles. It is our favorite place to be in TV.
We are not people who bring in our own water or just purchase cokes.
We enjoy eating full meals both upstairs and down. Having the choice of both floors was always a nice opportunity we enjoyed.
We believe Katie Belles needed only a face lift not major surgery. New chairs, flooring, and improved dance floor surface is all it really needed.
The artists rendition appears to lack any of the CHARM which made Katie Belles so special.
Yes it will have new fixtures and such, but it will now be just like any other joint with food, drink and entertainment on the same floor. SAME STUFF NOTHING UNIQUE!!!!!!!!
We have always been proud to take our visiting guests to Katie Belle and specifically The Cattle Barons Club for a good meal, fun, and most of all, a spacious view of the stage and people dancing below.
The CHARM AND CHARACHTER will certainly be gone having it all on one floor.
The CROWN JEWEL of The Villages will not longer be.

We appreciate the Morse family and all they have done to improve the quality of our lives here in TV.
This is just a TERRIBLE decision by them which effects us all.
THIS TIME THEY GOT IT WRONG!!!!!!!!!
WHAT A SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!
ditto that
Old 04-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
IT'S AN OUTRAGOUS ACT THAT HAS NO CONCERN FOR THE WISHES OF THE RESIDENTS. WHEN I HAD VISITORS, ON THE LIST OF THINGS TO SEE FIRST WERE THE CHURCH ON THE SQUARE (GONE) AND THE BEAUTY OF KATIE BELLES. (SOON TO BE GONE) WHAT IS IT WITH THE CURRENT DEVELOPER DECISIONS? EVERYONE KNOWS THE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER IS WITHOUT AMPLE PARKING AND A CENTER SHOULD HAVE BEEN CONSTRUCTED ELSEWHERE. WHAT STUPID PERSON IS MAKING THESE DECISIONS ??
Lets all scream it out!!!

The Villages Florida
Old 04-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
While some people do not like the changes, I thinks it speaks well of the family's willingness to continue investing more money on some of the older sections of The Villages.
Like what ??? All of the improvements on the original side were paid out of a settlement that is administered by the AAC.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:50 AM

If you are unhappy with this change let the Management of Katie Bells you will no longer attend shows or dine there
Old 04-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
I am not the legal eagle, but if they tear the place apart no judge will make them restore it. It appears that "our members only club" will be less than 1/2 the size with no vaulted character.

Whether it was ever a written amenity or maybe implied it needs a little review by the interested parties before they rip it apart.

If it is considered an amenity, so be it if it loses money.

I buy my dinners and drinks, I dont bring in my own beverages and i dont milk one drink all night.

I would rather see a minimum purchase or a small rise in amenities fees than see this icon "destroyed."

Maybe I am wrong and the place will be better than before. BUT I read this board every day and no one mentioned this until today. Seems a little strange and sneaky.

Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, I love the villages and the developers, maybe as much as Gracie, but I would like to know what exactly is being changed and find out if the residents have any right to input.
Why would anyone mention it ? The residents have no say in this. Nothing would be written about this being an amenity. Yes, it is a nice selling point.
When Katie Belles opened many years ago, it was not for residents only. That didn't happen until several years later.
I remember when we used to go upstairs and shoot pool & play shuffleboard. I don't remember much hoopla when they took out the pool table and shuffleboard table.
Katie Belles / Cattle Baron has been through about 10 transformations. Some worked, some didn't. Back to the drawing board. It never made money. If it were my place, personally I would get tired of losing money. I would think most people would feel that way if it was their place.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

It will be closed for renovation while those of us who are full time residents would be using it more. I bet it will be reopened just before the snowbirds return and have higher prices!
I do think they will do a nice job on it and I hope they keep it affordable.
What is next? McCalls?.......................................... .
Old 04-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Platinum member

Downstairs, Katie Belles, does have a $5 minimum, even in the afternoons almost every time I have been in.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
IT'S AN OUTRAGOUS ACT THAT HAS NO CONCERN FOR THE WISHES OF THE RESIDENTS. WHEN I HAD VISITORS, ON THE LIST OF THINGS TO SEE FIRST WERE THE CHURCH ON THE SQUARE (GONE) AND THE BEAUTY OF KATIE BELLES. (SOON TO BE GONE) WHAT IS IT WITH THE CURRENT DEVELOPER DECISIONS? EVERYONE KNOWS THE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER IS WITHOUT AMPLE PARKING AND A CENTER SHOULD HAVE BEEN CONSTRUCTED ELSEWHERE. WHAT STUPID PERSON IS MAKING THESE DECISIONS ??
The Development Group has built and manages around 4million Sq Ft of commercial real estate space with occupancy in excess of 90per cent in and adjacent to The Villages. Good business practice is what makes it work.

Why are some calling them Stupid-Hmmmmmmmm!!

I understand that even though the church is now a state of the art performing arts center, that from most reports is quite beautiful and retains most of the churches beautiful features.

"You can please all of the people some of the time-----------------------"
Old 04-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Not sure, it appears so be a sad day in Village history. The open area above the large dance floor is what makes it wonderful.

Someone with more energy than me please start a campaign to stop this!!! Commercial space open to the public?????

This is a surprise with no notice, I know its free enterprise but somehow I feel they are taking away one of our best amenities. Is there a rule on that?

It is one of the most iconic things that unites Villagers.
If the current venue made money, it would not be changed. Our amenity fees do not support this business. It must stand on its own two feet.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Lets all scream it out!!!

The Villages Florida
You do understand that The Villages does not own Katie Belles, right?

It is a privately owned, for profit, business. Would you be less upset if you got a monthly assessment to reimburse the owner for the losses?
Old 04-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
You do understand that The Villages does not own Katie Belles, right?

It is a privately owned, for profit, business. Would you be less upset if you got a monthly assessment to reimburse the owner for the losses?
If this is true, privately owned, then if they need more income, it should be opened to the public and not just to villagers....maybe that would create a new stream of income....
Old 04-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Sage

I ass-u-me-d it was owned or controlled by the villages. Until proven otherwise I will continue that assumption.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Platinum member

I think it's a shame because with a little updating it's unique. BUT, having said that, I did notice that the Cattle Baron Club was not well attended and couldn't have been profitable. Most people go there when they have guests but how many are regular diners? Even the fashion show luncheons this year were not well attended compared to previous years. I'm always encouraging people to go there after golf for dinner especially in snowbird season as you can always get in without a wait. Comments made to me about CBC when people are complaining about the long waits at other restaurants during high season have been "Never thought to go there."
Old 04-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Old 04-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Like what ??? All of the improvements on the original side were paid out of a settlement that is administered by the AAC.
So the "new" homes on the Historic Side are being paid for with found money? Of course not!! These are investments being made to older areas to keep The Villages up to date and relevant to buyers of new homes and pre-existing homes. That way, the developer gets to make more money and we keep our home values moving north!! Thank God they want to keep this place up to date!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.