Katie Belle's

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
If this is true, privately owned, then if they need more income, it should be opened to the public and not just to villagers....maybe that would create a new stream of income....
Maybe that is another change forthcoming.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Sage

What do new homes on the Historic side have to do with a dumb ass decision to renovate Katie Belle's?
Old 04-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
So the "new" homes on the Historic Side are being paid for with found money? Of course not!! These are investments being made to older areas to keep The Villages up to date and relevant to buyers of new homes and pre-existing homes. That way, the developer gets to make more money and we keep our home values moving north!! Thank God they want to keep this place up to date!!!
Thank you for a rational post.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
If this is true, privately owned, then if they need more income, it should be opened to the public and not just to villagers....maybe that would create a new stream of income....
It is not a lack of business. It is a lack of income sufficient to support the business model. All too many patrons will enjoy the entertainment while nursing a $5 drink. Free entertainment will survive as long as the businesses that pay the bill benefit from the investment.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
I ass-u-me-d it was owned or controlled by the villages. Until proven otherwise I will continue that assumption.
This commercial property, as most all others within the confines of The Villages is owned by one of Morse's corporate ventures. For all practical purposes this has nothing to do with you and me other than to provide a place for us to spend our dough while feeding our faces and enjoying some entertainment.

The Villages residential CDDs own nothing commercial.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:30 PM

Chill out, food was always mediocre and the place does not attract many from south of 466. Sound will suck with low roof.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

It's a nice place inside, but the food was nothing great, not a place we would take guests because of it. In 2007 you could hardly get in and this year there was plenty of seats during prime dinner time. You can't keep a place open with no money coming in.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
So the "new" homes on the Historic Side are being paid for with found money? Of course not!! These are investments being made to older areas to keep The Villages up to date and relevant to buyers of new homes and pre-existing homes. That way, the developer gets to make more money and we keep our home values moving north!! Thank God they want to keep this place up to date!!!
I don't think for a second the Developer is interested in helping anyone on the original side maintain high home values. It was simply an opportunity to build and sell more houses and make more money.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:43 PM
Angry katie belle/cattle baron's

:We so loved cattle barons and the view of the square and the food. We thought Katie Bell's had terrible food so we always went to CB. I can't believe they are removing such a nice looking restaurant and view to provide as it appears a very closed in noisy restaurant with out character. We love watching the dancers and bands from the Cattle Baron's area. Sad day!
Old 04-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I don't think for a second the Developer is interested in helping anyone on the original side maintain high home values. It was simply an opportunity to build and sell more houses and make more money.
Which is exactly what I would hope and expect them to do.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-01-2015, 09:42 PM

The entire place needs renovating and is filthy. The curtains, chandeliers and fixtures are totally dusty/dirty. If more residents would have gone in to actually spend $ rather than occupy tables and drink water while dancing, things may be different. BESIDES, the Villages can than rent out more commercial space (base rent plus % of sales) and make more $$......This IS business savvy.....
Old 04-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
The entire place needs renovating and is filthy. The curtains, chandeliers and fixtures are totally dusty/dirty. If more residents would have gone in to actually spend $ rather than occupy tables and drink water while dancing, things may be different. BESIDES, the Villages can than rent out more commercial space (base rent plus % of sales) and make more $$......This IS business savvy.....
Absolutely !!! And I'm sure it will be beautiful when they are done.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
It's a nice place inside, but the food was nothing great, not a place we would take guests because of it. In 2007 you could hardly get in and this year there was plenty of seats during prime dinner time. You can't keep a place open with no money coming in.
That is just bad management ,no reason to change the entire venue !the Koolaid is not tasting the same as it did when our sales person told us Katie Belles was a private club for villagers.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman View Post
That is just bad management ,no reason to change the entire venue !the Koolaid is not tasting the same as it did when our sales person told us Katie Belles was a private club for villagers.
I think it's unfortunate what they are doing, but the rendering still showed a stage and people dancing in front of it. The new venue doesn't appear like it will be as charming, but the basics will still be in place, including, if I read correctly, The Villages Residents only requirement.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:26 PM
Veteran member
Default Idea for Katie Belle's commercial space

Well I'm don't agree that Katie Belles was filthy and dirty! But I must admit I think I missed the obvious use of the commercial space on the first floor > a indoor parking garage once Sharon Morse Center opens up. What do you think of that idea? Plus you could put in vending machines with T Shirts that have pictures of the current Katie Belle's, or a Buffalo (remember them), or New Years in the Square (this will go over the head of most newbies) . Thinking ahead they could put the Polo fields on some and a nice touch would be to put the various house models on some others with discounted prices. (I think they put something in the water tonight )
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.