Katie Belle's

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2015, 11:35 PM

Too bad money seems to be the driving force !!!!! The atmosphere is superb now , ! - I'm afraid it will be lost upstairs !! The openness of the sand floor is most unique ,
I always imagine 'GUNSMOKE ' and 'Miss Kitty ' when I go in there !!!!! That will be Lost ,
Old 04-02-2015, 04:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene Lansing View Post
Too bad money seems to be the driving force !!!!! The atmosphere is superb now , ! - I'm afraid it will be lost upstairs !! The openness of the sand floor is most unique ,
I always imagine 'GUNSMOKE ' and 'Miss Kitty ' when I go in there !!!!! That will be Lost ,

Even restaurants have to take care of themselves and survive independently. When you take in less than your expenses, things have to change.

I am guessing that the running of the restaurant has changed hands. The lease must have been up and someone else has leased the space.

It appears to be the business plan of The Developer to start a number of businesses including restaurants needed for a growing population and then to retain the real estate and lease it to another business. This has been so of the wonderful Southern Lifestyles Furniture, Cane Garden, and The Lighthouse.

Maybe it will be even better. Maybe not.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I don't think for a second the Developer is interested in helping anyone on the original side maintain high home values. It was simply an opportunity to build and sell more houses and make more money.

Many of us do not agree with this completely, although a builder is in business to sell buildings, just simply because evidence supports the fact that the Morse family have a great deal of pride in what they have created. Wouldn't you if you had built this place?

Very few have met the Morse family in person and all I can see is that they have been a success because of their hard work and good values.

I wonder why some folks feel the need to find only bad things about successful business people. Envy, maybe?

I think that the Morses funding their own urban renewal is way cool, Warren.

I honor them. They are my hero's. Ordinary people coming from the middle of the country, using the skills and values of Midwesterners and searching and finding skills in others they don't have and hiring them, Keeping only the best workers and planners. Not grandstanding their private life. Risking their own money time and time again. Working long after they HAVE to. Keeping thousands employed and all without a drop of federal money. If I had been wise enough I would have liked to do the same thing.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene Lansing View Post
You know, there is a generation of people coming round the corner that would say what the heck is GUNSMOKE and who's Miss Kitty!

For all those that don't like change .... I'm sure you all go to the Target at Lake Square Mall and the Kohls at Clermont and get most of the groceries in Belleview or Leesburg. And you probably never go to Sumter Landing!

I think moving KB's to the 2nd floor might even HELP in keeping out non-residents.
I imagine the commercial 1st floor will be very unique!

I haven't been in Katie Belle's to eat or drink in 2 years. And I live within 2 miles & hang out at SS all the time! I am looking forward to the change with great anticipation.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 04-02-2015, 06:09 AM
Gold member

My money is on "The Morses"!!! For what I've seen them do for the past 9 years as a Villager, I'm sure things will work out just fine!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:31 AM

Heard yesterday while at Katie Belle's that there will be a floating dance floor that is actually good as it is much easier in joints as it has a "give" but still very sad to change it!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:02 AM

It is a disgrace that they are dismantling this beautiful, iconic dancehall. This was one of the reasons we bought in The Villages and were told that they would also have a Katie Belles in Lake Sumter which obviously wasn`t true. If they weren`t making money why not charge a higher minimum or raise their food prices? We always found it very difficult to get a reservation to see Rocky and the Rollers or Cactus Jack and the Cadillacs; the place was always packed on these nights. This is obviously another greedy ploy by ownship. it`s always about the money!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Sage

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by kilowatt View Post
    It is a disgrace that they are dismantling this beautiful, iconic dancehall. This was one of the reasons we bought in The Villages and were told that they would also have a Katie Belles in Lake Sumter which obviously wasn`t true. If they weren`t making money why not charge a higher minimum or raise their food prices? We always found it very difficult to get a reservation to see Rocky and the Rollers or Cactus Jack and the Cadillacs; the place was always packed on these nights. This is obviously another greedy ploy by ownship. it`s always about the money!

You bought in The Villages because of Katie Belles? Really?????

Really????
Old 04-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
I can't imagine anyone who would pay a few hundred thousand dollars to buy a home because of a restaurant with dancing. Really ?
Old 04-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Thumbs up Rokinronda says "It will be Amazing"

I have been promised things will look incredible from a close "family" friend, and Katie Belles will be amazing........I have always spoken extremely well of the Morse family and what The Villages has to offer......it is beautiful and a community I am proud to call home.... In 2004, we were told there would be 4 squares at build out and another Katie Belles, and yes this did sway our decision a little bit to purchase here rather than a community near a beach or lake. We don't golf. The Gazebo in my northern town was beside the ocean and had bands all summer long and music/beach has always been a big part of our lives. I have supported this business at least once a week, for ten years. The reason another wasn't built was because no one supported it in the slow months (I saw it) and it hurt so much they couldn't afford another loss.. I actually worked there for 9 months several years ago, but 26 years in restaurant work was enough......but I Loved it! So anyways, we dine, indulge a little and always have a wonderful time!!! I dance....I love to dance...In the summer when too hot, or winter when too cold, (to be outdoors) you may see us at KBs a couple of times in a week. Dancing is my favorite choice of exercise. I am hoping for a mild summer so the dancing will continue at the squares until the NEW, BETTER, AMAZING Katie Belles opens. The folks working there have become family, the owners are doing everything to help them transition and find work.......but some will have a very rough time...........If you support this community, go in dine, spend.... give a great tip or a job offer.......we have until May 1st to cherish this old love.....
Old 04-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Eternal Member

I agree. I'm sure it will be beautiful !
What ever the Villages does is always top notch !!
Just another reason that I'm so happy to say I live in this awesome place !!
A big thank you to the Morse family !
Old 04-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
why not buy it and see how well your ideas fly ?
there is another alternative, go out of business.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Who in the world would ever conclude that the Family is investing their money so we can have a beautiful place to live. It's about making more and more money !!! I cannot think of a single benefit we enjoy that is a cost to the developer. Gary Morse had a net worth of over 1.2 billion dollars, so he certainly didn't invest a lot of it back into things for the enjoyment of the residents. If it doesn't make money, out it goes >>>>...

Why would anyone who owns a bank invest their own money?
Old 04-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
If they weren`t making money why not charge a higher minimum or raise their food prices?
I wondered about that myself - I'd love to see Katie's stay as is.
I always enjoyed The Cattle Baron overlooking Katie's entertainment.
But we Wrinklies tend to be adverse to change ....
Most of the Developer's new concepts turn out to be class acts.
Fingers crossed for the new KBs.

Last edited by Barefoot; 04-02-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
I think it's a shame because with a little updating it's unique. BUT, having said that, I did notice that the Cattle Baron Club was not well attended and couldn't have been profitable. Most people go there when they have guests but how many are regular diners? Even the fashion show luncheons this year were not well attended compared to previous years. I'm always encouraging people to go there after golf for dinner especially in snowbird season as you can always get in without a wait. Comments made to me about CBC when people are complaining about the long waits at other restaurants during high season have been "Never thought to go there."
I did a little poll this morning among my golfing friends. Almost to a man, each said that they within the past year had an experience of poor food and so so service at Cattle Baron's Club. I personally made a decision not to return to this restaurant because of my personal experience. I also don't understand why CBC recently took away the soup and salad bar which further reduced patrons. Now, let us compare CBC to Outback, Applebees and Longhorn which are absolutely packed every night. One can only conclude that the poor management, poor food quality and poor service is the root cause of why CBC remains nearly empty when ALL other local restaurants have people waiting at the front door to get in...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.