Katie Belle's

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Beautiful will never make up for poor food and poor service. I wouldn't call Outback beautiful, but try to get an immediate seating there.
We personally, have never had a problem with the food at Katie Belles or Cattle Baron. We eat at Cattle Baron quite often.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Sage

When I purchased not only was Katie Belle's presented as an amenity but it was a big factor in our decision to purchase. Several of our guests that we have brought to Katie Belle's have decided to buy in the Villages as well, sighting their fun times at Katie's as a major factor. There is no way they can keep it special if they profiteer the first floor away.
The Morse family should survey their salespeople to verify that in fact Katies has been presented as an AMENITY! This protest should eclipse the Great Wall Protest by 100 fold.
Renovate yes, but keep the basic floor-plan and ambiance, tall ceiling, balconies, TWO floors!
Please Morse Family do the right thing.

PS- restating: short notice and the timing is suspicious, April 1st, after many have left!
Old 04-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
When I purchased not only was Katie Belle's presented as an amenity but it was a big factor in our decision to purchase. Several of our guests that we have brought to Katie Belle's have decided to buy in the Villages as well, sighting their fun times at Katie's as a major factor. There is no way they can keep it special if they profiteer the first floor away.
The Morse family should survey their salespeople to verify that in fact Katies has been presented as an AMENITY! This protest should eclipse the Great Wall Protest by 100 fold.
Renovate yes, but keep the basic floor-plan and ambiance, tall ceiling, balconies, TWO floors!
Please Morse Family do the right thing.
A selling feature, yes. An amenity, no.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:41 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Or a Home Goods would work, I've been told.
I hear it might be a HOOTERS!
Old 04-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Sage

The Wall was not an amenity, but voices were heard. Katies may not be a technical Amenity but it was presented as such, therefore it possibility is.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:54 AM
Platinum member

I do not like that KB is closing for renovations as I enjoy going there. The food was so so, but it was still fun. I have only been a Villager for a couple of years now and do not recall KB being promoted as an amenity. I really doubt that this is much of an issue for those south of 466 and those south of 466a probably REALLY don't care.

I have not been disappointed in the new and upgraded facilities to date. I think I'll give the developers a chance before I begin to critize. As much as we might not like it, businesses can't operate on a model that is losing money. Which is better, a renovated Kattie Belle's or no Kattie Belle's at all?
Old 04-03-2015, 07:58 AM
Sage

Additionally, how can people support the developer 100% of the time? It makes me value their opinion less.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Gold member

kinda thought it just might of been a Aprils Fools joke......guess not...
Old 04-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I do not like that KB is closing for renovations as I enjoy going there. The food was so so, but it was still fun. I have only been a Villager for a couple of years now and do not recall KB being promoted as an amenity. I really doubt that this is much of an issue for those south of 466 and those south of 466a probably REALLY don't care.

I have not been disappointed in the new and upgraded facilities to date. I think I'll give the developers a chance before I begin to critize. As much as we might not like it, businesses can't operate on a model that is losing money. Which is better, a renovated Kattie Belle's or no Kattie Belle's at all?
It certainly was presented as an Amenity to those buying near it. Giving them a chance when they can not undo the renovation is wrong. They are taking away more than 50% of the square feet and 80% of the cubic feet, and 100% of the atmosphere.

These young billionaires should look at the bigger picture. Dont listen to the Accountants all the time. You three appeared very sincere in "The Sharon" presentation, make your parents proud.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:09 AM
Platinum member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Additionally, how can people support the developer 100% of the time? It makes me value their opinion less.
Well, if you read my post you would see that I stated in my time in The Villages the developer has done nothing to cause me to think otherwise. I think less of posters that come here and attack others just because they do not agree. How does doing this promote open discussion?
Old 04-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Gold member

It's all about the money to be made......
Old 04-03-2015, 08:13 AM

Having to climb a flight of stairs is not a great idea if you're trying to attract those in our age group. I know it has kept me and mine from eating at the Cattle Baron. One of the great attractions of moving here was getting away from all that stair climbing.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober III View Post
Having to climb a flight of stairs is not a great idea if you're trying to attract those in our age group. I know it has kept me and mine from eating at the Cattle Baron. One of the great attractions of moving here was getting away from all that stair climbing.
You do know there is an elevator in Katie Belle's? Just off to the left when you enter.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
It's all about the money to be made......

When people keep mentioning money and greed, my mind leaps to the possibility that they were the ones who didn't save their money like their mom told them to do.

They didn't cut their own hair, or work overtime or sew their own curtains or clip coupons. And they maxed out their credit cards and bought dumb stuff they didn't need and never ate leftovers and bought houses they couldn't afford.

That is what I think when people bring up money and greed.

They shoulda listened to their mom.

Of course it is about the money to be made. That isn't a BAD thing.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
When people keep mentioning money and greed, my mind leaps to the possibility that they were the ones who didn't save their money like their mom told them to do.

They didn't cut their own hair, or work overtime or sew their own curtains or clip coupons. And they maxed out their credit cards and bought dumb stuff they didn't need and never ate leftovers and bought houses they couldn't afford.

That is what I think when people bring up money and greed.

They shoulda listened to their mom.

Of course it is about the money to be made. That isn't a BAD thing.

I do feel that Katie Bells is a tribute to the original villages...I don't think that changing the Structure of a building that has been around since the 70's is going to be the answer..

I do think that a new management company possibly will help bring in the money... I do understand the problem and the no refill on sodas rule established years ago was not the answer. I don't think that listening to there mom has anything to do with this venture.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.