Katie Belle's

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The thing I love about Katie Belle's is the high ceiling and openess. The food is OK but we don't go there looking for the best food in town. We have seen Uncle Bob's Rock Shop at Katie Belle's numerous times and it is just a great venue for live music. I fear that moving it upstairs, with a lower ceiling, will not be as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
Tonight (Friday) I took my 3 daughters and 2 of our teen granddaughters for a "Girls Nite Out" at Katie Belle's. We couldn't think of a better place for a GNO.

We have lived here almost a year now and hubby and I have been once before, during our LifeStyle visit. Katie Belle's and The Cattle Barron both had mediocre food when we visited then and I must say they did tonight too. We would never take friends there for that reason.

Tonight we had a great night of dancing and people watching and enjoyed "Cactus Jack and the Cadillacs". Katie Belle's is charming, but is dusty, dated and can benefit from a facelift.

I realize some people love this place, but to us it is just ok. So many other great dining options. I guess it's "cool" to have a member's only club. But it would be nice to have one that is clean, fresh, upgraded with a better menu.

I am looking forward to the new Katie Belle's! Maybe it will be a place we would go more than once a year!
Old 04-04-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I am a loss for words when I hear some say KB is dated. For gosh sakes it is designed to be a 1800's dance hall. It will be a long time before we see such beautiful oak wood railings, etc again. Is Sumter Landing dated because it has been designed to be similar to Key West ???
You are absolutely right. It is designed to be an 1800`s dance hall. We were there last night and had another great time with Cactus Jack and the Cadillacs. They were gracious enough to bring all the employees on stage and share singing a Beatles song with them. They received much applause and sadly the tears were flowing from many of the employees eyes. Besides ruining this beautiful, iconic place, there will be many people looking for jobs. It`s always about the money for our "Villages Leaders".
Old 04-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilowatt View Post
...It`s always about the money for our "Villages Leaders".
Oh for crying out loud. Doesn't that argument grow old after a while? If it wasn't for the pursuit of a profit, The Villages wouldn't exist at all...nor would much else in this grand old U.S. of A..
Old 04-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Oh for crying out loud. Doesn't that argument grow old after a while? If it wasn't for the pursuit of a profit, The Villages wouldn't exist at all...nor would much else in this grand old U.S. of A..
I agree. I wonder what people would do if it was their money ! LOL
Old 04-04-2015, 01:04 PM
Veteran member

Polar Bear is exactly correct!
Old 04-04-2015, 03:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Only someone who is not aware of the vision of Harold Schwartz would use such words. Harold was not a money hungry person, he considered Villagers to be his family and in that vain he wanted all of us to share in the wealth. let me write out the numbers that were listed as the personal wealth of Gary Morse. 1.2,000,000,000. Same thing as 12 thousand millionaires. This is not what m
Mr. Swartz invisioned.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Sage
Default Katie Belle's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Only someone who is not aware of the vision of Harold Schwartz would use such words. Harold was not a money hungry person, he considered Villagers to be his family and in that vain he wanted all of us to share in the wealth. let me write out the numbers that were listed as the personal wealth of Gary Morse. 1.2,000,000,000. Same thing as 12 thousand millionaires. This is not what m

Mr. Swartz invisioned.
I seriously doubt Mr. Swartz would have any problem with those numbers, as long as the quality and integrity of TV development has been maintained.
(Besides, how would it affect you if it was 12 million millionaires?!?)
Old 04-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Sage

I don't see what the problem is with a company being good enough at what they do to make that kind of money.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs down

So, do you want him to give it back? I don't care who the businessman might be, they will not support a business model that is a loser. That is what makes them successful. If Katie Belles is not profitable then it is time for a change.

Would the folks wanting to keep Katie Belles the same as it is now be willing to pay a $10 cover charge per person to keep it open? I bet we would be hearing the same arguements from the same folks. Just another reason to b!tch about the developer.
Old 04-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Sage

It's called free enterprise and I for one am glad the developer has not taken his bat and ball and gone home. Many people lament what is going to happen to TV if the developer leaves.

I personally think the Morse family is here to stay for the forseeable future. I know I will be long gone.

All people will not like some changes made, but the developer has done a lot of things right. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Sage

They simply found a way to add more square feet ($) of commercial space without building a new building. Just add a ceiling over the dance floor and now you have Katie Bells upstairs and they can have several more stores downstairs. I'm sure they are aware of the 70% + of those surveyed (I saw it somewhere here) who were against this but also know that after a year or so it will all blow over and They will be ahead in the long run.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
They simply found a way to add more square feet ($) of commercial space without building a new building. Just add a ceiling over the dance floor and now you have Katie Bells upstairs and they can have several more stores downstairs. I'm sure they are aware of the 70% + of those surveyed (I saw it somewhere here) who were against this but also know that after a year or so it will all blow over and They will be ahead in the long run.
Agree.
It's all about the $$$$$
Old 04-04-2015, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
Agree.
It's all about the $$$$$

The Morses aren't anybody's mother. And no one should expect them to be. However, good business stratagy keeps this place blowin' and goin' and protects OUR property investment.

Aren't you glad you didn't buy somewhere else???????????????????
Old 04-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Sage

I'm glad I bought a second home here, but I don't agree with the renovation of a unigue dance hall like Katie Belle's to make room for more commercial property because it's a good business decision to make more money. What's next? Demo the squares and add shops?
Old 04-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
I don't see what the problem is with a company being good enough at what they do to make that kind of money.
Exactly, why should we begrudge the money made by a brilliant visionary thinker?
Like many people, I hate to see KBs changed, but the Developer has every right to make changes.
And based on past performance, it will be a first-class act.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.