Katie Belle's

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I don't go to Kaitie Belle's for the food. I go for the entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizdoc View Post
To help put things in perspective, how many of the "I Love Katie Belle" folks would drive to Brownwood if it were located there? Many of us that live in the southern part of TV are not all that wild about driving to SS just for an OK, but not great dinner. "Private Club?" thanks, but no thanks. Too many other good choices in the area (broadly cast to include Mt Dora, Ocala, etc.)
Old 04-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizdoc View Post
To help put things in perspective, how many of the "I Love Katie Belle" folks would drive to Brownwood if it were located there? Many of us that live in the southern part of TV are not all that wild about driving to SS just for an OK, but not great dinner. "Private Club?" thanks, but no thanks. Too many other good choices in the area (broadly cast to include Mt Dora, Ocala, etc.)
Too far to drive to SS, but you would drive to Ocala or Mt. Dora?
Old 04-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I feel bad for the employees that will be out of work till fall while all this is taking place.
I too feel bad for all the employees that have worked there for a number of years and will not get any severance pay. Was there last Wednesday at the CBC bar upstairs and it was quite dead in there I must admit even though Uncle Bob's Rock Shop was playing downstairs. The bartender said they all heard on that day April 1st, that the place will be closing on May 1st for the renovations. The bartender has been working upstairs for 11 years & said will lose all those years & would have to reapply for the same position if available....that really SUCKS!!!! I really like the atmosphere of the whole place & will be quite surprised on how the acoustics will be when this new place comes to fruition. I hope they keep the stained glass above the dance floor that really adds character to the place but if it has to go then so be it.

And will definitely miss the outside overlooking the square to hear the music, too.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober III View Post
Having to climb a flight of stairs is not a great idea if you're trying to attract those in our age group. I know it has kept me and mine from eating at the Cattle Baron. One of the great attractions of moving here was getting away from all that stair climbing.
There is an elevator that you can use to go to the 2nd floor!!!!
Old 04-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Katie Belle's was part of the Lifestyle Preview and was definitely a positive factor in making a decision to move here. Plus the Spanish Springs setting is still my favorite to take visitors for a Villages wow moment (coming in from 441).
Old 04-08-2015, 09:37 AM

You got that right for sure about Mr. Midnight!!!!!
Old 04-08-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Katie Belle's was part of the Lifestyle Preview and was definitely a positive factor in making a decision to move here. Plus the Spanish Springs setting is still my favorite to take visitors for a Villages wow moment (coming in from 441).
As recently as two weeks ago, prospective buyers were being told (and shown) the same thing. That what makes the closing of KB's different from the closing of some other restaurant in the community. It's a community icon and focal point.

The new KB's will share the same name but definitely not have the "wow factor" of the old one. A second floor, single-story restaurant with a stage and a small (or possibly non-existent) dance floor. A restaurant with free music and cramped dancing. How many other resturants in the Villages offer the same thing? And they're on the first floor and have open air decks. I wonder if the new KB's will be part of future Lifestyle Previews. I doubt it.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigbirdPhila View Post
As recently as two weeks ago, prospective buyers were being told (and shown) the same thing. That what makes the closing of KB's different from the closing of some other restaurant in the community. It's a community icon and focal point.

The new KB's will share the same name but definitely not have the "wow factor" of the old one. A second floor, single-story restaurant with a stage and a small (or possibly non-existent) dance floor. A restaurant with free music and cramped dancing. How many other resturants in the Villages offer the same thing? And they're on the first floor and have open air decks. I wonder if the new KB's will be part of future Lifestyle Previews. I doubt it.

I don't think they are giving away any freebies anymore and haven't for a couple of years.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguyintv View Post
Any time I've ever been there, which is as seldom as possible, there are many signs that lots of their clientele are NOT "Residents". I don't know who they are but you need to be blind not to notice they are "non residents".

You mean the ho-ho's ?
Old 04-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Gold member

Very disappointed. If anything they need Another Katie bealls in brown wood with the amt of people moving in. This was always talked about on the lifestyle tour and residents loved the dance hall saloon. How sad to take away what the residents loved
Old 04-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Veteran member
Smile Cost effective raspberry martins and CERN's Hadron Collider

For fear of going off the deep end but hopping not to. Since we seem to have a proliferation of acute economist commenting on this thread I wonder if they couldn't also shed some light on the billions of dollars being spent over 40 years on the CERN's Large Hadron collider to verify the existence of the Higgs particle ( or Higgs boson ) in the the standard model. I must admit to me it doesn't seem to be cost justify but yet Europe keeps putting more money into it. They must know something I don't - I know, hard to believe ). I wonder if the economists are asking the people in Europe to buy CERN and run it profitable.

Oh, Did I mention the only other thing I don't understand is the planned renovation of the beautiful / unique Kati Belle's. And to be honest this actually bothers me a lot more then the billions being spent by CERN finding the Higgs boson.

While we re at it. It also seems like the definition of renovation needs to be changed in Wikipedia to add "or making the structure most cost effective".
Currently it reads > Renovation (also called remodeling) is the process of "improving" a "broken", "damaged", or "outdated" structure.

Now again back to my taxes and Mutual Fund / stock cost basis (with reinvestment of capital gains and dividends > transferred from broker to broker), which I could also use some help understanding > forget that too I'll just take a muddled old fashion with Southern Comfort or perhaps a raspberry martini (no Gray Goose, My wife said that was too expensive and not cost justified with Chambord Black Raspberry in it > come to think of it, I wonder if it was her making the posts that Kati Belle's had to be cost justified?).

Life is too short to take serious.

Higgs boson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Platinum member

i think Brownwood would be a good place for a new Katie Bells. Then if it fails again folks will quit complaining....
Old 04-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigbirdPhila View Post

Life style visit is not what it used to be. Let's be honest if KB was profitable it would not be restructuring. Most posters say they go every once in a while. It does not seem to be high on most peoples list. Since 2007 we have been 3 times.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Gold member

When next year's people come for a lifestyle visit, how are they going to know that Katie Belle's isn't as good as it used to be? Won't they still be impressed with what they find then?
Old 04-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
i think Brownwood would be a good place for a new Katie Bells. Then if it fails again folks will quit complaining....
I think the original Katie Belles would have been a perfect fit with the whole concept of Brownwood.
It would blend in well with the old west style they have there.
A Mexican style cantina would be more the style for Spanish springs.
But....it is what it is and I am sure it will be something that will be done well and with style when they are finished.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.