Katie Belle's

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #211  
Old 04-08-2015, 07:56 PM
joldnol joldnol is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 988
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't think they are giving away any freebies anymore and haven't for a couple of years.
free movie and 2 rounds of golf at an exec and a championship course
  #212  
Old 04-08-2015, 08:29 PM
asianthree's Avatar
asianthree asianthree is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennacamp, Fernandinia 2 Frogs
Posts: 7,159
Thanks: 19
Thanked 1,098 Times in 419 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joldnol View Post
free movie and 2 rounds of golf at an exec and a championship course
Ours was 4 movie passes, tennis, lunch at Palmer, dinner at KBs, dinner at lighthouse, breakfast. Lobster and steak all around. Golf was 4 rounds at Palmer , Lopez. Still have the pass card with all that was offered. Big difference to what you get now.
__________________
Do not worry about things you can not change
  #213  
Old 04-13-2015, 10:00 PM
4aces4me 4aces4me is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Doesn't sound like a great idea to me.
__________________
Some mornings I wake up grouchy. But usually I just let her sleep.
  #214  
Old 04-13-2015, 10:20 PM
Ladygolfer93 Ladygolfer93 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bonnybrook
Posts: 259
Thanks: 120
Thanked 243 Times in 79 Posts
Thumbs down Seems to follow a pattern

Reminds me of the day only one week from the close of the Villages Wellness Center, an amenity (though for extra fee) that was a major attraction in my building my home here; an indoor pool and terrace with whirlpool, was worth the extra cost to me. On that day one week before closing the facility, at a time when all Villagers knew it was about to happen, I was on a tred mill as not one but TWO properties of the villages agents walked two groups totaling 8 people in all, through the facility touting what a state of the art facility it was and "selling" hard the fact that no other surrounding retirement development could boast an all weather, indoor pool, with classes and a "lovely restful terrace complete with a whirlpool under palms" ! I turned full face to an employee who heard this regaling of this amenity by the two agents, and her eyes, like mine, knowing full well that both the agents and residents knew their indoor pool was being taken away, due to "insurance" issues I was told (I guess there is no liability insurance on OUTDOOR pools ? ) There seems to be a great many words here designed to obscure the drive for "more money", as opposed to what residents enjoy and would like to see built. Rather than cut KB in half and put it UPSTAIRS (brilliant), I think most residents, even those of us who are not dancers, would like to see MORE THAN ONE residents only club ! In some ways, the Chula vista club was like that when I first bought a lot here, great atmosphere and not like the public restaurant atmosphere of the "country clubs". I suppose we also are getting too many churches, that is why we needed to turn our ONE non-denominational house of worship into a money making, ticket selling, venue. The Indians are certainly not in charge of the reservation judging from what people are saying from the chatting in the coffee shops to talk on the streets. Am I one of those eternally sour folks .....NO WAY, but I do seem to have my full intellectual facilities in tact and I don't like to see what is happening in this community.
  #215  
Old 04-13-2015, 10:36 PM
kwilson18 kwilson18 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alaska, Europe, Japan, California, DC, Ft Myers, THe Villages
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

First take away the church with its free entertainment, weddings and special,occasions, then take away our "private club"....who do you think you're fooling, family! Throw in thousands more homes till you see nothing but roofs for miles, charge exorbitant rentals for commercial spaces, and you have what USED to be someplace really special and unique. Now one hears many complaints from those who are looking to leave. Traffic and long waits for services have made living here "inconvenient". There are many places smaller with not as many amenities but a more comfortable and less stressful lifestyle.

Last edited by kwilson18; 04-13-2015 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Correcting typos
  #216  
Old 04-13-2015, 11:23 PM
BigbirdPhila BigbirdPhila is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
...TWO properties of the villages agents walked two groups totaling 8 people in all, through the facility touting what a state of the art facility it was and "selling" hard the fact that no other surrounding retirement development could boast an all weather, indoor pool, with classes and a "lovely restful terrace complete with a whirlpool under palms" !
For two more weeks, agents will be walking prospective buyers through Katie Belle's pointing out that no other retirement community in Florida has a two-story dance hall, restaurant, and entertainment center that looks like it's something from the set of Gunsmoke. KB's will make an impression on a lot of them.

A second-floor, one-story generic restaurant with a stage and small dance floor will not have nearly the impact. I guess management has decided that it doesn't matter for future sales, and the heck with quality of life issues for the residents already here who value it.
  #217  
Old 04-14-2015, 12:32 AM
villagerjack villagerjack is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,304
Thanks: 65
Thanked 105 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigbirdPhila View Post
For two more weeks, agents will be walking prospective buyers through Katie Belle's pointing out that no other retirement community in Florida has a two-story dance hall, restaurant, and entertainment center that looks like it's something from the set of Gunsmoke. KB's will make an impression on a lot of them.

A second-floor, one-story generic restaurant with a stage and small dance floor will not have nearly the impact. I guess management has decided that it doesn't matter for future sales, and the heck with quality of life issues for the residents already here who value it.

I never even knew Katie Belles was a resident amenity when I bought here and in 8 years, I went there once. There are so many other outdoor activities to enjoy and so many bars, I cannot even count them.

For $150 a month, the amenities we receive here are the best in the entire world. I did my share of drinking perhaps more than my share in my early years so I do not continue it here.

Count your blessings. You are one of the fortunate 110,000.
  #218  
Old 04-14-2015, 12:42 AM
villagerjack villagerjack is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,304
Thanks: 65
Thanked 105 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson18 View Post
First take away the church with its free entertainment, weddings and special,occasions, then take away our "private club"....who do you think you're fooling, family! Throw in thousands more homes till you see nothing but roofs for miles, charge exorbitant rentals for commercial spaces, and you have what USED to be someplace really special and unique. Now one hears many complaints from those who are looking to leave. Traffic and long waits for services have made living here "inconvenient". There are many places smaller with not as many amenities but a more comfortable and less stressful lifestyle.
I was in the Brownwood Sales center and looked at the number of closing on that little board the other day. It was more than 40 or 50 in just two days. What other Community in the entire world has amenities built for 110,000 residents while only 75,000 are around to use them for 9 months of the year?

This is the mist well thought out Communuty I have ever witnessed being built. Everything is quality and is done for the sake of the residents. Why not wait until it is finished to see what develops, you will be pleasantly surprised. I am sure of that. Enjoy all the good things here. There are plenty.
  #219  
Old 04-14-2015, 07:19 AM
BigBopper BigBopper is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Bad idea! TV is losing one of it's entertainment venues to stores?? WHY do we need more stores..I don't want to attract any more outsiders than we have now. Seniors need entertainment,a place to sit down and enjoy conversation,have a meal/drink, and relax. They don't need a place to spend $$$ on 'frills' that you can find at any other store in TV. KB was a unique entertainment venue, with very good daily entertainment. It was special,being a Villager, and using your card to get in, and the environment was special..Now TV 'management' has decided that Villagers don't need this. WE DO. Stop the insanity. Don't give in,,PLEASE!
  #220  
Old 04-14-2015, 07:32 AM
BigBopper BigBopper is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, it has been said,and I think something beautiful is being demolished all in an effort to squeeze more $$$ out of us. TV thinks it can make more $$$ with commercial space than restaurants,apparently. I was impressed, initially, with having KB as a 'private' club..and now,,,they will 'squeeze' it upstairs...not good. The Morse family is not ashamed to use it's power ($$$$) to change things. Who did they discuss this with? Did they take a poll of ALL Villagers? I bet not. So, our fees are just paying the freight for 'upgrades' like this, without our input? The Boston Teaparty started over 'taxation without representation'..where was ours when 'they' decided this? And how many more decisions are going to be made,using OUR $$$, without our input?
  #221  
Old 04-14-2015, 07:42 AM
BigBopper BigBopper is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You have a great grasp of the situation, Ladygolfer93. Villagers should be outraged! I'd like to see if TV still has KB on it's "Lifestyle DVD".. If they do, then it's fraud! And you are right about COS,,,it was a beautiful church! To 'bastardize' it for the sake of having a 'concert' hall' is a grave mistake. We don't need all the extra outside influence added to the congestion that already exists. The prices they will charge will be excessive. I don't need Broadway in TVs,, and neither does anyone else.
  #222  
Old 04-14-2015, 07:53 AM
Bonny's Avatar
Bonny Bonny is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Village of BonnyBrook
Posts: 4,324
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBopper View Post
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, it has been said,and I think something beautiful is being demolished all in an effort to squeeze more $$$ out of us. TV thinks it can make more $$$ with commercial space than restaurants,apparently. I was impressed, initially, with having KB as a 'private' club..and now,,,they will 'squeeze' it upstairs...not good. The Morse family is not ashamed to use it's power ($$$$) to change things. Who did they discuss this with? Did they take a poll of ALL Villagers? I bet not. So, our fees are just paying the freight for 'upgrades' like this, without our input? The Boston Teaparty started over 'taxation without representation'..where was ours when 'they' decided this? And how many more decisions are going to be made,using OUR $$$, without our input?
The powers that be don't have to discuss it with anyone or take a poll. It's their building to do what they want with. It was always a money loser and they probably have decided they no longer want to spend "their" money to keep it going. They don't need or want anyone's input.
__________________
Troy, Rochester, Hazel Park, Harbor Beach, Grand Rapids, Michigan
  #223  
Old 04-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Bonny's Avatar
Bonny Bonny is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Village of BonnyBrook
Posts: 4,324
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBopper View Post
You have a great grasp of the situation, Ladygolfer93. Villagers should be outraged! I'd like to see if TV still has KB on it's "Lifestyle DVD".. If they do, then it's fraud! And you are right about COS,,,it was a beautiful church! To 'bastardize' it for the sake of having a 'concert' hall' is a grave mistake. We don't need all the extra outside influence added to the congestion that already exists. The prices they will charge will be excessive. I don't need Broadway in TVs,, and neither does anyone else.
"Fraud" if the building is in the DVD ?? Really??
__________________
Troy, Rochester, Hazel Park, Harbor Beach, Grand Rapids, Michigan
  #224  
Old 04-14-2015, 08:05 AM
circletrack circletrack is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 287
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBopper View Post
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, it has been said,and I think something beautiful is being demolished all in an effort to squeeze more $$$ out of us. TV thinks it can make more $$$ with commercial space than restaurants,apparently. I was impressed, initially, with having KB as a 'private' club..and now,,,they will 'squeeze' it upstairs...not good. The Morse family is not ashamed to use it's power ($$$$) to change things. Who did they discuss this with? Did they take a poll of ALL Villagers? I bet not. So, our fees are just paying the freight for 'upgrades' like this, without our input? The Boston Teaparty started over 'taxation without representation'..where was ours when 'they' decided this? And how many more decisions are going to be made,using OUR $$$, without our input?
I don't believe any amenity fees went toward the operation of Katie Belles. Don't amenity fees go to the CDDs to fund the continued maintenance and expansion of recreation centers and other district infrastructure?

Like I said earlier in this thread, I suspect a major retail outlet that wants a prime spot in the square is driving this project. That's just my speculation. But they certainly weren't afraid to close down Banner Mercantile in favor of the new World of Beer location.
  #225  
Old 04-14-2015, 08:17 AM
kstew43 kstew43 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,128
Thanks: 182
Thanked 57 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilson18 View Post
First take away the church with its free entertainment, weddings and special,occasions, then take away our "private club"....who do you think you're fooling, family! Throw in thousands more homes till you see nothing but roofs for miles, charge exorbitant rentals for commercial spaces, and you have what USED to be someplace really special and unique. Now one hears many complaints from those who are looking to leave. Traffic and long waits for services have made living here "inconvenient". There are many places smaller with not as many amenities but a more comfortable and less stressful lifestyle.
you stated that extremely well......I made that decision about 4 years ago.....when the Villages "life style" changed significantly. Our villages home is used for income, and I am not alone out there.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.