Katie Belle's

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
It's a nice place inside, but the food was nothing great, not a place we would take guests because of it. In 2007 you could hardly get in and this year there was plenty of seats during prime dinner time. You can't keep a place open with no money coming in.
Does the Developer really believe that moving Katy Belle upstairs will bring in hoards of diners ??? Someone in this decision making process needs to become aware that it wasn't the facility it is the management of that facility that is sinking the ship. Same management in a new Katy Belles will have the same result as present. It is probably time for Macky to move on anf let someone else be in charge of hospitality. Don't blame the Villagers for the failings resulting in poor food at the CBC, they are dining at Bone Fish or Outback.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Absolutely !!! And I'm sure it will be beautiful when they are done.
Beautiful will never make up for poor food and poor service. I wouldn't call Outback beautiful, but try to get an immediate seating there.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:08 PM

If it ain't broke why fix it.???? Katie Belle's was always the place I took visitor's who came to see us. We would either go the the Cattlemen's club, or stay down stairs. They loved the music, dance floor and down home atmosphere. What are the developers thinking??????. Money, money, money, This place is an icon, with a history that goes back to the original concept of the restaurant and dance hall they started in Michigan. Why change??. The Villages is called Florida's Friendliest home town. Well it is not the home town any more, it is a mega city, and still growing. When will it stop, we do not have the infrastructure to support the growth. And what existing landmarks we have are now being destroyed for further development, What has happened to the original concept of why this community was built. I love this place and moved here because of all of the above, and we as residents just sit back and watch the changes, and never voice our opinions except to neighbors, and golf buddies. The Morse family has got to stop and reconsider what the original plan was. Leave The Villages as is. Stop the growth and move to another area to develop.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Sage

I feel bad for the employees that will be out of work till fall while all this is taking place.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:29 PM

If certain individuals had read my post carefully they would have understood that I said Katie Belles was "one of the reasons I bought in The Villages." Before you go criticizing someone`s comments you should be able to read what they expressed and not take it out of context because someone doesn`t agree with your opinion.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:32 PM

I have my fingers crossed as well, let`s hope for the best
Old 04-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Who in the world would ever conclude that the Family is investing their money so we can have a beautiful place to live. It's about making more and more money !!! I cannot think of a single benefit we enjoy that is a cost to the developer. Gary Morse had a net worth of over 1.2 billion dollars, so he certainly didn't invest a lot of it back into things for the enjoyment of the residents. If it doesn't make money, out it goes >>>>...
Yeah, I'm not a "developer hater" but I've never understood those who fall on their knees and say "look what he is doing for us". UMMM he didn't do ANY of this for ANY of us. It's capitalism, which I am all for. I just don't understand the blind sheep who think that this family is DONATING this lifestyle. If they weren't becoming billionaires doing it, they would be long gone by now.
I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just not a blind sheep.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Veteran member

The CB Club and Katie Belles was a place I always took my guests, mainly for the ambience and music, but always with fingers crossed that the food would be good, or at least edible. Sometimes it was "pretty good", and other times it was just awful. I stopped taking guests there for food. There were too many times that we returned dishes, only to have them re-served, just as bad. And believe me, my family and friends aren't picky eaters. I agree that it is a beautiful building with an iconic past. But beautiful and iconic won't pay the bills if the food isn't predictably worth the price. I keep my fingers crossed that the re-vamp will work.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana13 View Post
...... What has happened to the original concept of I love this place and moved here because of all of the above, and we as residents just sit back and watch the changes, and never voice our opinions except to neighbors, and golf buddies.
I agree that talking to neighbor's and golf buddies won't change anything.
I assume you've used the annual Villages survey to make your feelings known.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
...UMMM he didn't do ANY of this for ANY of us. It's capitalism, which I am all for. I just don't understand the blind sheep who think that this family is DONATING this lifestyle. If they weren't becoming billionaires doing it, they would be long gone by now.

I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just not a blind sheep.
You don't have to be a blind sheep to like what the developer has done for us. Yes...for us...as well as for him and his family. The two are not mutually exclusive.

You say you're all for capitalism, but then you make it sound selfish. I'm not sure you believe in it too deeply.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:29 AM
Platinum member

I heard a Trader Joe's was going in on the 1st floor.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 04-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
You don't have to be a blind sheep to like what the developer has done for us. Yes...for us...as well as for him and his family. The two are not mutually exclusive.

You say you're all for capitalism, but then you make it sound selfish. I'm not sure you believe in it too deeply.
Not sure how you got "selfish" out of that. Any smart business man would walk away from a losing proposition, just like Morse would if he wasn't making money on this.
One of my favorite capitalists is S. Truett Cathy. Most who eat at his restaurant don't even know his name. They like the product, and they buy. They don't bow down and say "look what this wonderful man did for us out of the kindness of his heart!"
Old 04-03-2015, 07:16 AM
Sage
Default I'm the odd person out

I am probable amongst the minority here but I think it's time for Katie Bells to get a make over. I was there not long ago and my first impression was that it felt very dated. Not exactly the members only club I would frequent much. I think if we let the Morses do what they do so well and give us a venue that is modern and fresh in the end we will grow to love it. Just look around.....how many buildings have been done poorly? I can't think of any. Their style and design is second to none as proven with the rec centers. I think change is hard but give it time and we will appreciate it.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
Or a Home Goods would work, I've been told.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
Likely a joke, but I do believe that something big is behind this change. Some business must want a prominent spot on the square and TV was willing to make changes to make that happen.

Much like they did in moving Banner Mercantile and the WVLG station to make way for the new World of Beer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.