Katie Bells, what were they thinking, or were they.

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Default Katie Bells, what were they thinking, or were they.

I guess The Villages has transformed from Florida's Friendliest Home Town to Florida's "greediest" home town. I can't believe what is being done to Katie Bells, their employees and Spanish Springs Square performers, aka bands, in order to make, I assume, "The Sharon" a going concern. If this is the case, I hope "The Sharon" is a financial disaster for the developer(s)!

Who's short sided planning was it to build "The Sharon" without adequate parking? Who's brilliant idea was it to close the first floor of Katie Bells? Who had so much respect for the Katie Bell employees that they terminated them without severance? Oh, but wait, they can reapply for their old position. I wonder, is that with or without a salary reduction? Who's idea was it to eliminate live music on the Square during high priced (or any) performances at "The Sharon". Who is this intellectual business marvel? I don't know, but who ever made these inane decisions, should be fired!

Looks to me like Harold's kids have one thing in mind, more money.

Good Luck!
Larry Kraning
Old 04-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Gold member

Are they really doing away with music on the as square if there is a performance that night?
Old 04-03-2015, 01:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowwing8 View Post
I guess The Villages has transformed from Florida's Friendliest Home Town to Florida's "greediest" home town. I can't believe what is being done to Katie Bells, their employees and Spanish Springs Square performers, aka bands, in order to make, I assume, "The Sharon" a going concern. If this is the case, I hope "The Sharon" is a financial disaster for the developer(s)!

Who's short sided planning was it to build "The Sharon" without adequate parking? Who's brilliant idea was it to close the first floor of Katie Bells? Who had so much respect for the Katie Bell employees that they terminated them without severance? Oh, but wait, they can reapply for their old position. I wonder, is that with or without a salary reduction? Who's idea was it to eliminate live music on the Square during high priced (or any) performances at "The Sharon". Who is this intellectual business marvel? I don't know, but who ever made these inane decisions, should be fired!

Good Luck!
Larry Kraning
Your very first post. Hmmmmm.

Why don't we just wait and see how this all works out? All of the "sturm und drang" from all of the other supposed disasters have been tempests in teapots. Are you an employee affected? You do know that the high prices for tickets don't all go to a pile on the Morse's desk? You have to PAY the acts.

It makes me furious when I see this greed, greed, greed thing. Doesn't anyone know that not everything works like the federal government, at a deficit?

You get something nice and there is someone who is jealous. My bet is this is someone who can't for some reason move here and enjoy this place and I am sorry for that.

Kinda. It is probably someone who just bought some other place in Florida and is regretting it.

But if this is a real resident....couldn't you wait to pan it after it didn't WORK??????? Sheesh!!!!!

You hate all this supposed greed? I hate all this negativity for something that hasn't happened.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Good Luck!
Larry Kraning
The "Family" owns and manages over 4million sq feet of commercial space in and adjacent to The Villages with occupancy rates above 90 per cent. In order to be succrssful in business there often comes a time when you need to pull the plug and modify the plan even if it is not yet perceivd by the masses that change is needed.

Thank heaven the the "Family" is running the commercial development, and adapting , and renewing, and reacting to the needs that the inmates often do not have any experience with, nor concept of.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:05 AM

Katie Bells was in dire need of an update!
Old 04-03-2015, 08:06 AM

and the beat goes on...if only they could have discussed this with the OP before hand. One would have to ascribe any past accomplishments of the Morse dynasty tantamount to sheer luck in light of your mischaracterization?
Old 04-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:

Good Luck!
Larry Kraning
Wow, quite a post. I hope you don't live here if you are wishing a financial disaster for the developer.
Seeing as this is your first post, I am assuming you are an employee at Katie Belles.
Yes, it is going to rough on some of the employees and I wish them well.
This is not a decision just made by the kids. My guess is this has been in the planning stages for quite sometime.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

WOW ! I guess if you're going to be negative, oh well, I guess you can. BUT, YOU'RE ALSO IN THE MINORITY !
Old 04-03-2015, 12:13 PM

Really coach? 64% of those responding today agree with me.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Somebody paid attention in 5th grade math...
Old 04-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
How are you coming up with 64 % are here agreeing with you ? Just curious
Old 04-03-2015, 12:22 PM

Wow, your empathy for the employees is quite breathtaking. We know several of the employees at Katie Belles and all have been terminated. Yeah I'd say that's rough but, I suppose if you're retired and get your social security, pension or what ever, it's not that big a deal, huh. I do live here and have since 2004.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

IMHO, the whole Katie Belles thing is overrated. The food average and the entertainment that I saw amateurish. A lot of people loved it, kinda corny if you ask me. I guess my generation the middle baby boomers won't care if it goes away or not. One poster said most people south of 466 don't go anyway. I think that's accurate. Most everybody goes once because it's our own but a lot of newer people never go back. Just saying...
Old 04-03-2015, 12:28 PM

I'm sorry, it's 69%. Check the poll in todays ************* online.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, it's 69%. Check the poll in todays ************* online.
Perhaps 69% are disappointed with the changes but it certainly doesn't reflect how many people concur with your rant on TOTV. Nobody wants to see anyone lose their job especially for reasons out of their control. However, one does not garner sympathy and/or empathy through character assassination.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.