Katie Bells, what were they thinking, or were they.

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowwing8 View Post
Wow, your empathy for the employees is quite breathtaking. We know several of the employees at Katie Belles and all have been terminated. Yeah I'd say that's rough but, I suppose if you're retired and get your social security, pension or what ever, it's not that big a deal, huh. I do live here and have since 2004.
I've lived here 15 years and know many of them. I am very sorry and have a lot of empathy for the employees and the entertainers.
I don't cook and we go out every night so needless to say I love all of the bartenders, servers and owners of many of the restaurants and love the entertainment we have. We used to go to Katie Belles 3-4 nights a week. We also go to Cattle Baron quite often.
Yes, I'm sad to see this, but that's not going to change anything.
Your bashing everyone, wishing financial disaster will not help anyone either !!
Old 04-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
I'm sorry, it's 69%. Check the poll in todays ************* online.
I thought you meant on this thread that you started.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Sage
Quote:
I'm sorry, it's 69%. Check the poll in todays ************* online.
It's now up to 71%.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Eternal Member

The poll can be a little misleading. It's only a yes or no question. That doesn't mean everyone agrees totally with the OP. I also would say I'm not in favor of it. It's always been one of our favorite places so yes we are sad about it.
That doesn't mean I'm going to get mad and bash everyone. Change happens in this world all of the time. I'm sure in the end it will be beautiful.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
It's now up to 71%.
Not surprised by the numbers. Most respondents to these types of Polls tend to be the disappointed as opposed to the disinterested.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Again, this discussion has degraded into another ****ing contest. My mind is numbing. please someone start an intelligent post !
Old 04-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Sage

Like any big firm the developers have a public relations team as well as many IT professionals. I am sure they are busy with damage control. They are skewing the poll results. There is no way 29% agree with the plan. I am sure it's like 99% against. It will be evident when the protesters and news crews get there. I HOPE the news points out how it was announced just after the snow birds flew home.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Like any big firm the developers have a public relations team as well as many IT professionals. I am sure they are busy with damage control. They are skewing the poll results. There is no way 29% agree with the plan. I am sure it's like 99% against. It will be evident when the protesters and news crews get there. I HOPE the news points out how it was announced just after the snow birds flew home.

We have been to Katie Bells three, maybe four times in the evening. Three or four times for breakfast on Sunday in eight years.

It just isn't important to a lot of people. There are the golfers and the dancers and the drinkers, and the stinkers that live here. Some people would be in Hell and ask for ice water as my Uncle used to say. Some people are NEVER happy.

And one of my treasured posters calls ME Pollyanna. She has had two names after being kicked off once. There are all kinds of agenda's in the naked city.

I am an old woman enjoying every day God will give me.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:09 PM

Katie Belles was in dire need of a facelift. The carpets were stained and disgusting. The paint needed a redo. I could go on and on. The food is mediocre and hoping that with the major redo project that they will also look at their menu and cooks. Whatever gets done it will done with class and will be nice. I feel bad for employees but am sure they will try to make it right with and for them.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:25 PM
TOTV Moderator

It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable. This thread has failed miserably in that regard. It is closed.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.