Keep your AAA going!

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2023, 04:54 PM
Default Keep your AAA going!

On our way home from Naples our rental SUV with only 8000 miles on it suddenly alerted me that the back passenger tire was losing air. It happened so quickly that I knew I had to pull over @ 430 in the morning. We left early to avoid the Tampa morning rush. So to be stranded on I 75 in the 46 degree cold early morning was frightening to say the least. I have never broken down on a highway before. Thank God my husband kept the AAA up to date. I sometimes thought it wasn’t necessary to keep it going. The tow truck came after 30 minutes of calling AAA! It was nice to be in a warm truck. He took us to Punta Gorda Tire Kingdom where we we waited 2 hours for them to open @ 8. They were wonderful and sent us on our way at 930. Nice to be home safe in TV!
Old 03-22-2023, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We have Onstar, and AAA. Within 2 minutes of tire alarm, Onstar agent called through our display, asking if we were safely off the road. Noted that we were in a well lit area, and a truck was on the way. If at any time we did not feel safe, press our red button, and a sheriff would be in immediate contact.

21 minutes tow truck guy shows his Id through the window, change’s our tire. Onstar came back on made an appointment at dealership for next morning.

We have alway had AAA, just in case Onstar let us down, but for close to 20 years that has never happened
Old 03-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Platinum member

AAA is an excellent investment. Ya never know
Closed Thread

Tags
morning, aaa, early, nice, truck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.