Keurig Coffee Maker

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Sage

Hi Cuz. Nice to see your smiling err golfball. Hope you are fine as frog hair. BK
Old 07-24-2013, 06:58 PM

I haven't had much luck with this brand. For the money, they don't last long. My Mr. Coffee makers lasts for years, are a fraction of the cost, and the coffee is better! The convenience ofbthe Kuerig is what attracted me initially.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Hi Cuz. Nice to see your smiling err golfball. Hope you are fine as frog hair. BK
RIBBIT!

Hope you are too!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Either the platinum or the elite. I prefer the platinum as the reservoir is a little bigger. It also makes a bigger cup as a choice.

I got one of the "my k-cups" and use my own coffee.

The convenience is well worth the money. And try to NOT use tap water, especially here in TV, as the high mineral content is not good for the machine.....or the taste of the coffee.

Btk
Old 07-25-2013, 03:18 AM
Veteran member

I have the Platinum. But at work we just got the Vue V700. It is nice,, bigger cups and hotter temps. We are also looking at the new Rivo for Latte's and Cappuccinos.
But for the home, Platinum all the way. Have had Keurig since they came out, had one brewer that had problems. It was the Cuisinart one.. Took it back and they gave me another one.. Not a problem since...
Old 07-25-2013, 05:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
I'm on my fourth Keurig. Each one has malfunctioned.
Do you use purified or distilled water?
Old 07-25-2013, 05:34 AM

The Keurig is great for coffee and would be my first choice, except my wife drinks decaf Expresso, Latte and Cappuccino which they do not yet offer. we have been using Tassimo for the last 6 years and are happy with the choice.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Do you use purified or distilled water?
I use water filtered from my refrigerator door. I never thought about it being the water, Bare. Good point. Do you think perhaps it is the filtered water that is leaving a residue or something inside the coffeemaker? I love the concept of the Keurig. Next to air conditioning, it is one of the best inventions in the world.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
I use water filtered from my refrigerator door. I never thought about it being the water, Bare. Good point. Do you think perhaps it is the filtered water that is leaving a residue or something inside the coffeemaker? I love the concept of the Keurig. Next to air conditioning, it is one of the best inventions in the world.
I agree, the concept of the Keurig is amazing. We use distilled water in Florida and filtered water here in Canada. And we clean the machines regularly. I can't imagine why you had problems with four machines, and we've never had a problem with our three. Maybe the Elites are better made than the Platinum type?
Old 07-25-2013, 09:03 AM

I can't thank you all enough for the info...it is not an extreme investment but I really wanted tried and true opinions and that is what you gave me. I have a 20% off coupon from Bath, Bed and Beyond so I think I will invest today and then go to Sams and check out the pods and see what they have for choices. Thanks again...
Old 07-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulz View Post
The Keurig is great for coffee and would be my first choice, except my wife drinks decaf Expresso, Latte and Cappuccino which they do not yet offer. we have been using Tassimo for the last 6 years and are happy with the choice.
New Rivo® Cappuccino & Latte Brewing System by Keurig® with Lavazza Espresso - Keurig.com
Old 07-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Platinum member

I use water from a drinking water filter that I put into my Brita pitcher and then there is a filter in the Cuisinart. I find distilled water a little too tasteless! SAMs has a good selection of K cups but we like a dark brew decaf that is difficult to find in bulk. If you are an Amazon Prime member you can get a good price on k cups at amazon.com.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Default Krups

Consider a Krups first!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

mini three sizes in TV...Elite at work...Platinum at home..looking at the vue...the mini in Tv does not store water so the way to go when you are not in your home full time
Old 07-26-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I have had 3 Keurigs and have only used distilled water in them. the first 2 lasted just over a year. Keurig replaced both. However I have fallen in love with the Turkish Blend setting on the supermarket grinder for my Kona blend. Unfortunately the blend is too fine for the keurig insert cups so I have to use my regular drip machine. I keep a bag of Starbuck's french roast beans in my refrig for the Keurig.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.