Kia Soul

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2022, 10:40 AM
Platinum member
Default Kia Soul

For some reason, I have decided that I want to buy a new Kia Soul. Does anyone have a Kia dealer and salesperson they would reccommend?

I have a 2018 Cheverolet Equinox that has absoultely nothing wrong with it, but I really want the Soul. I will also be trying to have it detailed.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Tim Lile from Bill Bryan Kia, Leesburg
352-365-1228
I have purchased two vehicles from him and he is the best. He follows up after sales, answers questions, etc.
Old 05-11-2022, 03:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

For some reason, you are not sure…. Detailed in having it tricked out with mag wheels or making it a low rider or something like that.
Old 05-11-2022, 04:36 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

the Rat commercials don’t help it’s image. Kia is not known for long term quality. Check Scotty Kilmer mechanic videos

Last edited by Babubhat; 05-11-2022 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
... Check Scotty Kilmer mechanic videos
I like Scotty. Watch his videos everyday. Plus, his voice aggravates my wife to no end. Love it.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
I like Scotty. Watch his videos everyday. Plus, his voice aggravates my wife to no end. Love it.
I can see way he aggravates your wife.
I just watch him on U-tube, and if you tie his hands behind his back, he couldn't talk....
Old 05-11-2022, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
For some reason, I have decided that I want to buy a new Kia Soul. Does anyone have a Kia dealer and salesperson they would reccommend?

I have a 2018 Cheverolet Equinox that has absoultely nothing wrong with it, but I really want the Soul. I will also be trying to have it detailed.
Got my 2020 Soul Ex at B. Bryan and really enjoy it (aside from the the imported Korean spider infestation on delivery and 3 recalls over the last 2 years). Forgot the salesperson's name but don't think he's there anymore. He drove me nuts with followup (how's it going) calls and finally had to tell him to stop. Their service is excellent and they will drive you home and pick you up when car is in for service.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
the Rat commercials don’t help it’s image. Kia is not known for long term quality. Check Scotty Kilmer mechanic videos
I’ve owned 3 Kia Souls over a 12 year period.
Having owned many new domestic and foreign cars over the years I can honestly say the Kia Soul build quality and reliability are on a par, or better than
any of my previous cars!
Plus they seem to be quite popular….definitely see a lot of them tooling around TV.
As an owner, I can understand their popularity!
I’ve also personally met a few fellow Kia Soul owners, and all seem very pleased.
I doubt that you have ever owned one!

As far as advice for the OP….dealerships are dealerships and be cautious and do your research!
Your present vehicle is fine, so you may want to hold off awhile and see if the car market normalizes a bit!
Right now inventories are low and dealer add on market adjustment fees are substantial.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post

Don’t let the dealership salesperson know you are determined to buy one. Act like you maybe interested or he steal you equinox.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Having owned many new domestic and foreign cars over the years I can honestly say the Kia Soul build quality and reliability are on a par, or better than
any of my previous cars!
Plus they seem to be quite popular….definitely see a lot of them tooling around TV.
I’ve also personally met a few fellow Kia Soul owners, and all seem very pleased.

As far as advice for the OP….dealerships are dealerships and be cautious and do your research!
Your present vehicle is fine, so you may want to hold off awhile and see if the car market normalizes a bit!
Right now inventories are low and dealer add on market adjustment fees are substantial.
3 into 12 equals 4 years. Any vehicle today should last 4 years of care free driving.
Old 05-12-2022, 12:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
any of my previous cars!

That is good that they worked out for you. I owned a Hyundai once and the 10 year warranty is good but it is all the little things we had issues with. Windshield wiper arm fell off driving down the street, Sun visor came off in my hand while trying to use it, handle to help get out of the car fell off. These are the little things that drive you crazy when you buy a car.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:00 AM
Gold member

My niece had a Kia Soul with manual transmission (yeah...she's a "keeper") and used the accelerator pedal as an on/off switch. That thing would not die. I too would hold off a few more months until supply/demand normalize this summer...but if you get a good deal then.....
Old 05-12-2022, 05:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
any of my previous cars!

Did you trade those cars in or sell them? I heard this guy buys them at a great price
Attached Images
0e505399-21c9-4e31-9d63-3c3a339c4b55-jpeg 
Old 05-12-2022, 05:26 AM

Following this thread & appreciate all this info re the Kia Soul because I will be in the market for a vehicle with automatic ramp capability for wheelchair access and would prefer the most compact option that is relatively low to the ground (making side-door access directly to driver or passenger seat as easy as possible for someone with mobility issues). I see the Kia Soul being modified aftermarket-style with ramp at rear by Freedom Motors; seems a better option for my needs than a larger, side-ramp-access Honda Odyssey or van.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

The new Kias have a 150K warranty. Not that I have ever put that much mileage on a car.
Closed Thread

Tags
kia, soul, absoultely, wrong, equinox

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.