Kids

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2015, 08:11 AM

go to the other squares..
Old 03-01-2015, 08:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens 1966 View Post
They range in ages between 10 to 15 it is just like a mall hang out for them there were 4 of them that came running out between cars that I almost hit they were just goofing off but when you get a large no. of kids it will be a problem I saw at least 5 different groups of 3 to 8 kids around Brownwood
I had to read your posts a couple times because you don't use periods. I know you have one because you used it following the "no". Thanks.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I had to read your posts a couple times because you don't use periods. I know you have one because you used it following the "no". Thanks.
seriously??
Old 03-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
Joyce, Please try a comma or two. They are free!
Old 03-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
seriously??

I don't either. Have Periods.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Sage

I don't go to Brownwood much, it does seem like there are a lot of unsupervised kids there. I don't dislike kids, just do not believe the intent of the square was to provide a place for the neighboring town's kids to hang out. I enjoy Spanish and Sumter more. Not trying to talk my fellow villagers from Brownwood area to drive up (squares are busy enough up here even with the fewer kids), and I have little desire to drive down to Brownwood.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Lots of things to do down here for all. Just have to be motivated enough to find it. I doubt they are all little angels?
Old 03-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
I don't go to Brownwood much, it does seem like there are a lot of unsupervised kids there. I don't dislike kids, just do not believe the intent of the square was to provide a place for the neighboring town's kids to hang out. I enjoy Spanish and Sumter more.
I remember a thread complaining about unsupervised kids at Lake Sumter hanging around in "gangs", especially outside the movie theaters.
There are kids in all the Town Squares because they're open to the public.
People that aren't residents of TV provide the life blood to keep the restaurants, theaters, and shops open.
Be careful what you wish for............
Without non-residents, I doubt there would be "free" entertainment operating 365 days a year.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:42 PM
Gold member

But, I don't think the 10-15 year olds, hanging around the Brownwood downtown are contributing much to the financial stability of the area.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Default Remembering

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens 1966 View Post
Really getting tired of the kids from Wildwood hanging out in Brownwood just a matter of time before trouble I thought this was an adult retirement village not a sitting service
It is like when we were kids having a great time and not wanting parents to show up. Same thing. We're having a great time but when the kids show up, well...it's just different.
Not that they're doing anything wrong at all and they have a right to be here, just as the parents had a right to be there.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Gold member

I like it that the kids from neighboring towns can come and mingle and learn about people from all walks of life who have earned and saved for what we have here. Knowing us and our community better can only improve relations and harmony with local people.

The sheer numbers of Villagers as compared to numbers of teens present assure the teens aren't going to gain any ground with group behaviors. Villagers "see something and say something" as is visible here.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Sage

I pray I never reach the age when I'm the crabby old guy sitting on the front porch screaming at kids to stay off my lawn or out of my town square when they're not doing anything wrong. Just being kids.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Sage

I'm sure we all have days when younger, more active individuals can cause us upset. Mustn't forget that once, we, too, had that endless type of energy. Enjoy the enthusiasm of youth. Children learn by example, BE A GOOD ONE!

Last edited by pooh; 03-01-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't either. Have Periods.
And isn't it great? ! ?
I have never looked back, except to rejoice. No PMS either!
Old 03-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Gold member

It would be pretty boring here if the squares were only frequented by residents. I love seeing a cross section of people at the squares.

If anyone, kids or adults are behaving dangerously or inappropriately, running in and out of cars, disruptive, drunk and obnoxious, whatever....the police substation is right beside the Barn Storm Theater.

We are at Brownwood frequently and I see many more disruptive seniors than kids. I don't find it has anymore kids than any of the other squares. I gues it depends on the day. (a rainy Saturday afternoon might mean more action at the movie theater??)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.