Kids Driving Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

Not to get off the subject of kids driving the carts - but the grandparents holding infants while there are also young kids in the cart. The safety risks are terrible.

I actually saw two grandparents holding young grandkids (one grandparent was driving at the time) in their cart and two kids around 6 or 8 standing on the golf bag shelf and strapped in like two golf bags. The kids probably thought it was so much fun for grandpa to do this for them.

Very strange happenings somethimes - but I still would not live anywhere else.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Gold member

I was driving home from the store and was on our country road driving to the house. Two young kids, I would guess 10 and 12, were driving on 4 wheelers, very unsafely. They were pulling in front and me and then stomping on the brakes or passing other people illegally. Hell, I called the sheriff the second I got home and they were on those two kids like white on rice in less then 5 minutes and had a talk with their parents. Of course, the parent said they did not know the kids were on the road. (I know this cause the sheriff called me backed to THANK me for letting them know of this dangerous situation.) I knew if I read in the paper the next day that one of these kids were hurt, or caused an accident I would not be able to forgive myself for not calling the sheriff. Never saw them on the road again.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.