Kids strapped in golf bag locations on cart.

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Sage

This thread certainly has opened up a lot of conversation. On another note...just found out this morning that the streets that circle the squares are considered "something" else in the way of roadways. "IF" a 14 year old, for example, has an accident down there there will be heck to pay on his future. Points off future license, big bucks of a fine and much much more. Was told this by someone whose friend's grandson had this experience!! It's not something we, as grandparents want to subject our grandkids to.

On another hand don't we want to be "good" examples to our children (yes even though they're grown) AND to our grandchildren?? I want to leave a legacy to mine that would be revered!!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
New rule children,no running on the trails or on the streets.You will get run over by cars and trucks.Make sure you were your helmet,elbow pads, knee pads.gloves. did I forget anything. Grandparents raising a generation of wimps.
I think that is a good rule that children don't run on the streets. Glad you mentioned it.

I don't think grandparents who look out for the safety and welfare of their offspring could be categorized as wimps for doing so.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Platinum member

There is another post running regarding unhappy posters and trolling. I think this applies to a few on this thread. I truly do not believe what some folks state about their past and some of their beliefs.....NO ONE wants our children...grandchildren to get hurt....shock value??? Intimidation?? Bored life?? C'mon folks....there's a lot of garbage on television to get you all rilled up, don't attempt to get nice posters here all upset because of your sorry life.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Platinum member

and furthermore...I fell right into your trolling. Stupid me. I truly wish for the unhappy posters to find peace and happiness.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj1213 View Post
I was walking my dog tonight and coming down the road was a golf cart w/ grandpa in the passenger seat, probably teenage grandson driving and a kid on each side on skateboards holding on to the roof.
I saw the idiot you were talking about. He was on Triggerfish
Old 04-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Gold member

i like my chrildren ---- well done ---!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Our older son, who was a challenge to raise but turned out wonderful, said to me when he reached 25 and thought about it some, "I don't know why you and Dad didn't smother me in my bed."

All the posts here about kids not dying on your watch, setting a good example, and generally just trying to keep them safe till grown really hit home with me.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Gold member

I have even more contempt for grandparents who would let their grandkids ride in the passenger seat of their golf carts without a seatbelt installed.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Platinum member

When I first moved here I really thought those bag holder things were for parking children. Don't have grandchildren nor do I play golf, so, it's all good.

I think we all did stupid things as children, but we didn't do it with our grandparents, we came up with our own stupidilty and knew enough to lie about what we were doing.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Played Lopez on Thursday. When crossing Bell Meade to the par 3 a golf cart passed with Grandpa & Grandma in the front seats. On the back where one would put golf bags were two kids, maybe 9 and 7 strapped in, both standing up.
My God, how stupid can people be?????
How stupid.. umm think you just answered your own question with this post. I watched to golf carts turn into colony from 466a the other day.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
When I first moved here I really thought those bag holder things were for parking children. Don't have grandchildren nor do I play golf, so, it's all good.

I think we all did stupid things as children, but we didn't do it with our grandparents, we came up with our own stupidilty and knew enough to lie about what we were doing.
...and not get caught. (except for my brother, whose ability to cover his tracks needed work.)
Old 04-04-2013, 03:33 PM

Where are all the cops when all this is happening....
Old 04-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueandskip View Post
Don't believe it has been established at this point this is illegal.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueandskip View Post
Cops can't arrest for stupidity. Think how busy the courts would be if they could.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
Obviously you never grew up in the country where it was common for kids to ride in the back of pick-up trucks, on the fenders of farm tractors, on hay wagons and so on. Did a lot of that in my day. Actually I'd like to see a pic of the two kids strapped in like golf bags. Most interesting.
I agree. Riding on & being around big, heavy farm equipment, some with PTOs running at 1000s of RPMs was a whole lot more dangerous than riding anywhere on a little golf cart. Unless you were born & raised there I guess most folks just don't have any idea what farm kids are routinely exposed to on a daily basis.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.