Kids strapped in golf bag locations on cart.

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts
Default Kids strapped in golf bag locations on cart.

Played Lopez on Thursday. When crossing Bell Meade to the par 3 a golf cart passed with Grandpa & Grandma in the front seats. On the back where one would put golf bags were two kids, maybe 9 and 7 strapped in, both standing up.
My God, how stupid can people be?????
Old 04-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Played Lopez on Thursday. When crossing Bell Meade to the par 3 a golf cart passed with Grandpa & Grandma in the front seats. On the back where one would put golf bags were two kids, maybe 9 and 7 strapped in, both standing up.
And they'll be the first ones to SUE the car driver that runs over the kids if they slip out of the bag belt and fall out and under the car wheels. And there are lawyers who'll do it for them.....you know.....make the car driver's life a living hell, and try to take everything he's worked all his life for.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Gold member

Sadly I have seen that before also. The overall lack of common sense by some is unbelievable when it comes to the grand kids. This past week I have seen many unsafe practices in golf carts, at least in my opinion.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Sage

YIKES!

Bill
Old 04-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Gold member

I have seen this numerous times over the years. They won't let the kids play near the street but are willing to take a chance that they might spread them all over the street. Makes me ill.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:00 PM

Seatbelt are not that expensive and we ordered a 4 seater with seatbelts because we do have Grandkids that visit often from Tampa. I cant believe they did that !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

PLEASE if you are new and your grandchildren are here don't let them drive alone and especially don't let two teens take both carts. I have seen some hair raising things. And all of us have seen some carts tipped over etc.

For your sake and their sake and our sake...don't trust them with the golf cart..
Old 04-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Gold member
Unhappy Dumb Choices

Quote:
Some Villagers are the most intellegent I have ever known. This said, far too many Villagers are the stupidist people I have ever known.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:42 PM

I was walking my dog tonight and coming down the road was a golf cart w/ grandpa in the passenger seat, probably teenage grandson driving and a kid on each side on skateboards holding on to the roof.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Location: Ft. Lauderdale - New Castle,PA - Overland Park, KS - Palm Bay, FL - Village of Charlotte

Quote:
I saw a similar thing at the square over the weekend. Two teenagers were standing on the back of the cart, holding on to the straps while grandpa and grandma were driving. As an adult, your purpose in life is not to 'please children' but to 'protect children'. Too bad grandpa and grandma didn't use good judgement.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
PLEASE if you are new and your grandchildren are here don't let them drive alone and especially don't let two teens take both carts. I have seen some hair raising things. And all of us have seen some carts tipped over etc.

For your sake and their sake and our sake...don't trust them with the golf cart..
I would have trusted all 3 of my kids when they were teens to drive my golf cart alone when legally old enough to do so. They have been driving now a combined 23 years with a total of 2 traffic tickets and 1 accident (not at fault).

If you can not trust your teenage child or grandchild to drive a golf cart responsibly .... that should be the least of of your concerns, as you have bigger issues to deal with.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Veteran member

Obviously you never grew up in the country where it was common for kids to ride in the back of pick-up trucks, on the fenders of farm tractors, on hay wagons and so on. Did a lot of that in my day. Actually I'd like to see a pic of the two kids strapped in like golf bags. Most interesting.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

its ok if it happens on easter break....what happens with grandpa and grandma stays with grandpa and grandma,,,unless it requires a ER visit
Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 PM

You can't fix STUPID

forthe kids
Old 04-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Very stupid, saw a mom sitting in the drivers seat of cart with a kid about two or so ,sitting on her lap. The child had her/his hands on steering wheel. Kid in passenger seat was halfway out of cart. She was flying on her way to publix. There was a lot of traffic in the area.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.