Kiss My Ash Tray

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2019, 04:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Street legal golf carts can go on roads with a 35 mph limit. But, if speed limit was changed to 36 mph, they couldn't. This is hubby's biggest complaint and it applies to Morse and Buena Vista. The legal golf carts slow traffic down too much.
We were just behind one earlier today on Morse. It was street legal but traveling at 25 mph. It was holding up quit a line of traffic.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Those in La-La land when a left green arrow (which are often short)...just sit there when the light changes.

When I get to '1,003'...I lay on the horn.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
Omg! That just happened to me today, the shopping cart in middle of aisle and I was thinking I’m going to post this on TOTV. Many times it is an oblivious guy who probably never had to do the shopping in the past.
As long as there's no chance that it might hurt someone, I accidentally...ram those carts.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Can I have two????

People shopping (in my case in Publix) who leave their carts in the middle of the aisle to look for their item .......... grrrrr.

People who need to tell the cashier their life story .... just pay for your stuff and get out of there .....
And the few times I have to go to Publix, Winn Dixie or Walgreens, I always seem to get in that line. So if you see me in one of those lines, steer clear because I’m behind a dufus.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Another thing that irks me, actually really pi**es me off, is when I’m in the Traverse and someone pulls out in front of me, WHEN THERE’S NO OTHER VEHICLES BEHIND ME, WHEN I’M DRIVING THE SPEED LIMIT and WHEN I HAVE TO HIT THE BRAKES TO KEEP FROM HITTING THEM and then flips me off when I lay down on the horn.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,129 Times in 2,241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
We were just behind one earlier today on Morse. It was street legal but traveling at 25 mph. It was holding up quit a line of traffic.
They are limited to 25 MPH by law.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
They are limited to 25 MPH by law.
You are correct..... street lethal can only go 25 mph.

Meant street legal.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:15 PM
Sage

10 Top Causes of Golf Cart Accidents and How to Prevent Them

Quote:
Top Ten Causes of Golf Cart Accidents
Hanging leg outside of the golf cart.
Reversing downhill.
Driving over wet, muddy, or uneven terrain.
Driving cart under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Leaving the brake unlocked upon exiting.
Passengers overcrowding the cart or standing.
Racing or other horseplay.
Inattentive vehicular drivers.
Driving while distracted (eating, reaching for objects, texting, etc.)
Sharp turns.

I copied/pasted this from another comment (the above). BUT today I saw a guy in a cart on 466a between Canal St. and B.V. going east! I was going west, otherwise might have pulled next to him to tell him to get off the road or be killed.

I have several peeves...but ALL are 1st World issues. I dislike folks who drive and don't signal and change lanes without indicating it. I dislike people who (get ready for it) who feel they can say they have a "service dog" when it clearly is NOT. I dislike on social media where people ask a "pointed question" and noone gives them the answer they're looking for. I could go on and on...but will read what others share instead.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Street legal golf carts can go on roads with a 35 mph limit. But, if speed limit was changed to 36 mph, they couldn't. This is hubby's biggest complaint and it applies to Morse and Buena Vista. The legal golf carts slow traffic down too much.
Well too many people are in a hurry too. I was on Morse (south of 466) today and was going the 35 speed limit. Many passed me and my guesstimate of what they were doing would put them at 45 or 50 mph. You do NOT want to get a ticket here!! Yes, the police do catch people! I've seen two cars pulled over in the past 24 hrs. Sometimes they do hide....

Street Legals are allowed on Morse and Buena Vista...if it bothers folks...then pass them in the other lane. I understand! I was behind the gal on Morse today (heading south) and there was a whole lane, backed up behind her. BUT she had the right to be there. No different than a car going 25 mph.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
This is a post to send a message to types of people (not individuals and not by name) who annoy you in The Villages.

I'm annoyed by people who insist on driving in the left lane at a low speed, no matter how much traffic is backed up behind you.

Anyone else want to send a message?
I am annoyed terribly that no one has stepped up to be the resident Villages Food Critic. We do have an opening. Qualified residents only need to complain about everything that is wrong and never about what is great. Our negativity level in the Food Reporting Department has plummeted.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:11 PM
Sage

Thought of another one....people who jay walk or even in the cross walk without looking both ways!! People in vehicles sometimes don't stop so that's a factor too. In the other news online...the people who can't park properly! BUT that said...maybe they should give up driving. Did anyone hear on the radio this a.m. where Larry observed a person in a small SUV trying to park (with difficulty) in a spot where there already was a golf cart? I've seen that many times in our tenure here...or the ones going the wrong way.

I agree with the op's that referred to walkers, bike riders etc. that wear dark clothing w/out lights. We've encountered those before and it's startling.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
As long as there's no chance that it might hurt someone, I accidentally...ram those carts.

I've done that a few times, myself.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 01-23-2019, 07:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Another thing that irks me, actually really pi**es me off, is when I’m in the Traverse and someone pulls out in front of me, WHEN THERE’S NO OTHER VEHICLES BEHIND ME, WHEN I’M DRIVING THE SPEED LIMIT and WHEN I HAVE TO HIT THE BRAKES TO KEEP FROM HITTING THEM and then flips me off when I lay down on the horn.
As a retired cop, you should be looking ahead, and anticipating what that moron is about to do. He's just telling you you're still number 1....hehehe

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 01-23-2019, 07:18 PM
Location: Lima,OH;St.Paul,MN;Vallejo,CA;Pennsacola,FL;Fremont,OH,Naperville,IL,Sylvania,OH,Fernandina

People that hit into you on the course. Had it happen twice yesterday. After the second time I "explained it properly".

Henry A. Kissinger
Old 01-23-2019, 07:21 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

-- People who talk during movies, like they think they are at home in their recliners.

-- People in movie theaters who sit behind me and rattle ice and rustle wrappers and somehow make noise with popcorn.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, message, send, matter, speed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.