Kiss My Ash Tray

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2019, 01:23 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I did know that Dan. I was being facetious.

He also told NYC to kiss his patootie today. He isn't building there.
I would love to be a fly on the wall of Cuomo's and DeBlasio's offices today!
This is so deserving.
Steve
Old 02-14-2019, 01:39 PM
Veteran member

People who drive at dawn or dusk in cars with their parking lights on. If the purpose for lights at this time of day is so others can see you then why not turn your headlights on? I think they believe they are saving the battery! Golf carts driving the trails at dawn or dusk with no headlights on. People who walk or jog early in the morning with no light so others can see them.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

How about people who try to steal the joy out of simple, mindless, stress relieving things in life by criticizing and wanting to drag others down? I just don't get it for the life of me, what's left of the life of me isn't gonna be spent locking horns with anyone who doesn't matter.

Anothersteve Post #32 Bravo!
Old 02-14-2019, 02:23 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
I know very little about Jeff Bezos. Until this fracas about his nude pictures and The National Enquirer. Now I know Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post. I didn't know that before yesterday.

Oh this is what you mean? People wanting to be in a conversation and don't know what is currently going on. Sorry. I will try to do better.
Love him or hate him, several people I know have made serious money on the stock of Amazon, the company Jeff built. Jeff Bezos - Wikipedia

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-14-2019, 02:25 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Love him or hate him, several people I know have made serious money on the stock of Amazon, the company Jeff built. Jeff Bezos - Wikipedia

My money wasn't serious, it was a joke.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:53 PM

I've noticed that many service vehicles more or less just stop in the middle of their lane barely pulling over to the curb when they stop in front of houses to perform their service call. While out walking I will often just walk between their truck and the curb as they are often 3 ft. away from the curb. Some of these neighborhood streets are not all that wide to be doing that.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosells View Post
Well I’m annoyed by people while making a left turn don’t pull out into the intersection while waiting. They sit back behind the crosswalk the light turns to yellow then makes the left turn, leaving at least 2 cars to wait.
I get annoyed when a couple of cars occupy 'the box' while trying to turn left and after their signal turns red...they then make their left turns against the red.

Thereby making traffic that now has a green light, have to wait for them...to finish their left turns.

Once again shining the light on the philosophy of 'entitlement' and the attitude of..."it's OK to inconvenience you, as long as I'm not inconvenienced."
Old 02-14-2019, 05:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
I've noticed that many service vehicles more or less just stop in the middle of their lane barely pulling over to the curb when they stop in front of houses to perform their service call. While out walking I will often just walk between their truck and the curb as they are often 3 ft. away from the curb. Some of these neighborhood streets are not all that wide to be doing that.
Excellent point.

Along with that, are those that think if a vehicle is parked at the curb in their lane, they are entitled to just go in the opposing lane until getting by the parked vehicle (so they don't have to slow down), even if it makes opposing traffic that are in their rightful lane...stop for them.

If a vehicle is at a neighborhood curb in my lane, I always ensure that there is no opposing traffic...before going around the vehicle at the curb in my lane.

Yet another example, of a plethora of examples to choose from, that proves..."it's OK to inconvenience you, as long as I'm not inconvenienced."
Old 02-14-2019, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Excellent point.

Along with that, are those that think if a vehicle is parked at the curb in their lane, they are entitled to just go in the opposing lane until getting by the parked vehicle (so they don't have to slow down), even if it makes opposing traffic that are in their rightful lane...stop for them.

If a vehicle is at a neighborhood curb in my lane, I always ensure that there is no opposing traffic...before going around the vehicle at the curb in my lane.

Yet another example, of a plethora of examples to choose from, that proves..."it's OK to inconvenience you, as long as I'm not inconvenienced."
As someone who frequently parks in front of customers houses, I’m very careful not to have my tires on the lawn. Not only will it leave tire marks, but could potentially damage an irrigation head. I have a feeling the service vehicles mentioned in an earlier post are parking cautiously for the same reasons I mentioned.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
As someone who frequently parks in front of customers houses, I’m very careful not to have my tires on the lawn. Not only will it leave tire marks, but could potentially damage an irrigation head. I have a feeling the service vehicles mentioned in an earlier post are parking cautiously for the same reasons I mentioned.
I totally agree with you on not parking on someone's lawn, but if a person is 3 feet from the curb (per the poster above)...then maybe they shouldn't be driving.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I totally agree with you on not parking on someone's lawn, but if a person is 3 feet from the curb (per the poster above)...then maybe they shouldn't be driving.
I’m thinking 3’ might have been a stretch. Don’t you think.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I’m thinking 3’ might have been a stretch. Don’t you think.
Nope...I believe it

Especially since I've seen the same thing...many times.

The poster also mentioned that they had room to walk between the vehicle and the curb (without mentioning needing to walk on the lawn)...so that would take about 3 feet.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
I would rather kiss some dogs than some people. I certainly don't mind children in carts either. I do like Rum Raisin Ice Cream where most people prefer chocolate. If we were all the same...………...
I would imagine you wouldn't want to kiss a dog where his tush was touching the grocery cart. Then you put your food in that grocery cart where the dog's tush was.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlee500 View Post
My God. Get a Life...Why complain about this petty stuff. We are seniors...Spend your time enjoying what time we have left. Ignore the issues that get you going. My Blood Pressure is high enough. I just want to enjoy life and not make/create issues. Of course, you will Blast me....So be it but just get along with your life and enjoy all the wonderful things we have here. Nothing is ever Perfect.......
Well said!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2019, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
... Then you put your food in that grocery cart where the dog's tush was.
I agree that dogs should never be taken into grocery stores.
However food is packaged or produce is in bags, so it doesn't bother me.
If cleanliness of carts is an issue, Publix and Walmart both offer wipes (and probably most grocery stores do).
You can completely wipe down grocery carts if worried about cleanliness.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, message, send, matter, speed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.