Kiss My Ash Tray

Kiss My Ash Tray

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 10:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
This annoys me as well, especially since I drive 466A so much. It's even the law in Florida since last year, 'The right land is for driving, the left lane is for passing', end of story.

Drivers must think, I'm turning left into Colony in 4 miles, so I better be in the left lane, or I'm turning left onto Powell Rd in 3 miles so I need to be in the left lane. No you don't, a lane change can be accomplished further down the road, it's part of driving and navigating a car.

PS - I'm annoyed at people who insist on smoking on the perimeter of the squares, especially LSL. I was a chain smoker for 35 years but quit 12 years ago. So, I'm not crazy about smokers, especially ones at our age, and I never thought I would be able to quit. I can highly recommend the drug Chantax, as shown on TV by actor Ray Liotta, it really works. I quit in 5 days after smoking over 2 packs a day from 1971 to 2006. It doesn't contain nicotine like gum and patches, it works on the sensors in the brain that crave nicotine. So if you want to quit, this product has been proven to work better than any other. You'll need a prescription from your doctor.
I don't think they insisted on smoking there. They are told to smoke there by the rules. They are only following the rules like everyone should. If we don't like it and I don't, the rules need to be changed. I started smoking a few years before you and quit about the same time as you. (good for us) Better late than never.

Won't be long and we'll be reading about recreational use of "Grass" on the Squares and people driving thru the flower beds in the roundabouts. That will help City Fire's P.R.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Street legal golf carts can go on roads with a 35 mph limit. But, if speed limit was changed to 36 mph, they couldn't. This is hubby's biggest complaint and it applies to Morse and Buena Vista. The legal golf carts slow traffic down too much.
LEGAL being the key word.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:30 AM
Sage

Last edited by John_W; 04-15-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

People who write a check at the grocery store, especially in the express line. The express line shouldn't even accept checks.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
They make that announcement that the squares are "Smoke Free" so when I see those ash tray stands, to me it means this is where you put out your cigarette as you're entering a smoke free area. To smokers, it means this is where you stand to smoke. Get rid of the ash trays so there is no confusion, or put them across the street, and have those guys in the blue shirts do more than walk around.
Actually I think the announcement says "Smoking is only allowed on the perimeter of the square"
Old 01-23-2019, 10:54 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
This is a post to send a message to types of people (not individuals and not by name) who annoy you in The Villages.

I'm annoyed by people who insist on driving in the left lane at a low speed, no matter how much traffic is backed up behind you.

Anyone else want to send a message?
Yep, especially now. I'm annoyed by the folks who don't obey the rules and understand you CANNOT "walk on" before 5pm on the Executive courses - had a 4:29 tee time yesterday and after 3 holes got massively backed up from all the people who just "jumped on" around 4:40pm two-three holes ahead. It was "no one's here" and then suddenly 8 carts were backed up at hole #4. Rules are there for a purpose, folks - not all of us can play at 8am!
Old 01-23-2019, 10:55 AM
Veteran member

People who don't use trash cans. Litterbugs!
Old 01-23-2019, 11:06 AM

Disappointed that TV gave approval to a home owner on Amherst Rd/Gilchrist to build a massive second story addition which sticks out conspicuously and does not fit in with the surrounding homes. Also disappointed that approval given for some garish exterior colors being used to repaint homes
Old 01-23-2019, 11:30 AM
Veteran member

People that don't put their shopping carts in the cart corals but instead leave them in parking spaces or pushed halfway into the landscaping
Old 01-23-2019, 12:04 PM

Location: Currently in Alaska, but soon to move to the Pine Hills Village

People who are so engrossed by a cell phone (or call on one) that they are not paying attention to the REAL WORLD happening around them (this could apply to driving, pushing a cart in the grocery store, or anywhere they effectively impose on others safety or other people trying to simply get by them because they are parked in the middle of the aisle or corridor).

I am just asking that they step out of the way and let others pass allowing others to go about their business.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, message, send, matter, speed