Kiss My Ash Tray

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2019, 10:54 AM
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
This is a post to send a message to types of people (not individuals and not by name) who annoy you in The Villages.

I'm annoyed by people who insist on driving in the left lane at a low speed, no matter how much traffic is backed up behind you.

Anyone else want to send a message?
Yep, especially now. I'm annoyed by the folks who don't obey the rules and understand you CANNOT "walk on" before 5pm on the Executive courses - had a 4:29 tee time yesterday and after 3 holes got massively backed up from all the people who just "jumped on" around 4:40pm two-three holes ahead. It was "no one's here" and then suddenly 8 carts were backed up at hole #4. Rules are there for a purpose, folks - not all of us can play at 8am!
Old 01-23-2019, 10:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

People who don't use trash cans. Litterbugs!
Old 01-23-2019, 11:06 AM

Disappointed that TV gave approval to a home owner on Amherst Rd/Gilchrist to build a massive second story addition which sticks out conspicuously and does not fit in with the surrounding homes. Also disappointed that approval given for some garish exterior colors being used to repaint homes
Old 01-23-2019, 11:30 AM
Veteran member

People that don't put their shopping carts in the cart corals but instead leave them in parking spaces or pushed halfway into the landscaping
Old 01-23-2019, 12:04 PM

People who are so engrossed by a cell phone (or call on one) that they are not paying attention to the REAL WORLD happening around them (this could apply to driving, pushing a cart in the grocery store, or anywhere they effectively impose on others safety or other people trying to simply get by them because they are parked in the middle of the aisle or corridor).

I am just asking that they step out of the way and let others pass allowing others to go about their business.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I don't think they insisted on smoking there. They are told to smoke there by the rules. They are only following the rules like everyone should. If we don't like it and I don't, the rules need to be changed. I started smoking a few years before you and quit about the same time as you. (good for us) Better late than never.

Won't be long and we'll be reading about recreational use of "Grass" on the Squares and people driving thru the flower beds in the roundabouts. That will help City Fire's P.R.
Spot on. I get annoyed by people who stand in a smoking area next to an ashtray and bitch about breathing the smoke. (another former smoker here, but not the annoying kind.)
Old 01-23-2019, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Street legal golf carts can go on roads with a 35 mph limit. But, if speed limit was changed to 36 mph, they couldn't. This is hubby's biggest complaint and it applies to Morse and Buena Vista. The legal golf carts slow traffic down too much.

Ask hubby if it is any worse than 1 or 50 bicycles crawling at 15mph on those roads? No. How fast is YOUR HUBBY’s car going on these 35mph roads? 45 or 50 as most cars do on those roads? That’s why there is a left lane to signal than carefully pass these slow moving vehicles. 35mph is the speed L I M I T not speed “minimum.” You can’t get a ticket for going 25 or 30 but you can for going 40. LIMIT=legal maximum. How much slower will you get somewhere at 25 (for 2 minutes until you pass) vs 35?

Yes, as you probably guessed I am “street legal.” I am rarely on the streets but it does come in handy at times.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

All in all, I irritate other people much more than they irritate me. I don't expect other people to be rational and considerate, so I can deal with pretty much anything they do.

I remember Donald Regan saying, "I don't get headaches. I give them." I liked that.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Speaking of "STREET LEGAL" this is "MAILBOX LEGAL."
(note: there was a logical reason for this but I wasn't aware of it for a while)

The Villages Florida
Old 01-23-2019, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Speaking of "STREET LEGAL" this is "MAILBOX LEGAL."
(note: there was a logical reason for this but I wasn't aware of it for a while)

The Villages Florida
I'll bite..... what was the logical reason?
Old 01-23-2019, 01:48 PM

I’m annoyed at people that hate The Villages, if you don’t like it move to someplace you like. I played Maghong with a woman the other day. The first thing out of her mouth was”I hate it here” ok pack your bags
Old 01-23-2019, 01:52 PM
Veteran member

Old 01-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
Disappointed that TV gave approval to a home owner on Amherst Rd/Gilchrist to build a massive second story addition which sticks out conspicuously and does not fit in with the surrounding homes. Also disappointed that approval given for some garish exterior colors being used to repaint homes
In many of the CDDs, any change to the original color of the house MUST be approved by ARC, and ONLY paints in the approved color palate can be used, so if you see a house painted otherwise, you have the option to CALL ARC and report it anonymously.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:08 PM
Veteran member

In a city of 100K+ there will be many that offend. It may be they are simply unaware their activity bothers others, it may have to do with simply being unaware (i.e. old age problems), it may be that’s how they were raised and truly find nothing wrong with their activity, or they are well aware they are offending others and just don’t give a s..t.

In a community, the size of TV, compromise is required.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:14 PM

The only thing I ever find annoying is when people want to be in a conversation but don't know anything that is currently going on. Divest yourself of news and current events all you want, I might even envy that, but then stay out of discussions. It's slightly irritating when people are trying to talk and one person is like "Wait...who is Jeff Bezos. Wait...who is Nancy Pelosi. Wait, what is Game of Thrones. What is Amazon. Wait, What is gluten free. Wait, what is a government shutdown. Who is Al Capone." etc. It sounds like someone playing Jeopardy.

I mean I feel like people should know *some things* going on. Sometimes I wonder, how did you get through life to this point? Not knowing anything? Than why change and want to all of a sudden catch up now.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, message, send, matter, speed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.