Kiss My Ash Tray

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2019, 12:56 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Every 23 days, my Bride closes the toilet lid before going to bed and when I wake up at 2:41am to respond to my calling, head to the head, I sit down to a chilling welcoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Pray tell, what happens on the 24th day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I wasn't clear............she only does it on the 23rd day, so I'm surprised. The 24th day is day-one on the new clock.

I don't need to know what happens on the 24th day.

But I am wondering what has happened on the 22nd day.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I think that is a statement of fact made with absolutely no facts to base it. There are multitudes more bicyclists on those roads every day all day vs. the number of street legal carts that use it. Using bicycles as a reason would make more sense if one was to make up a factless reason but both would be way off base. Would you think the limit should be 50 so you can screech to a halt at every roundabout? At least say “in my opinion” or “I think” or post at what city meeting that was determined.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile People Who

People who don't like people who don't like dogs using their lawns as bathrooms.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlee500 View Post
My God. Get a Life...Why complain about this petty stuff. We are seniors...Spend your time enjoying what time we have left. Ignore the issues that get you going. My Blood Pressure is high enough. I just want to enjoy life and not make/create issues. Of course, you will Blast me....So be it but just get along with your life and enjoy all the wonderful things we have here. Nothing is ever Perfect.......
Because this was a thread started to enjoyably blow off steam. I don't think anyone is losing sleep over the things they are posting.

We all have annoyances we don't take action on. I think it's kind of a fun thread.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:29 AM
Platinum member

People who are sanctimonious and holier than thou.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:29 AM
Platinum member

People who don't spell check. :-)
Old 01-26-2019, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Agree with C.France. This is just a fun thread, and after all who else is going to listen to me complain about minor irritations.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-26-2019, 12:17 PM

People who are easily annoyed tend to annoy me.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts
Talking

I have little tolerance for those people who are...intolerant.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Loud and obnoxious drunks who insist on talking or laughing louder than everyone else in a bar or restaurant so that they can be noticed.
Agreed. On the few times we have to walk in the vicinity of City Fire at LSL or BW, it seems like a contest is going on to see which drunk can talk the loudest.

Another one of my irks is the amount of drunk driving accidents caused by people coming from City Fire, yet, it seems like no regulating agency is doing anything about it.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Agreed. On the few times we have to walk in the vicinity of City Fire at LSL or BW, it seems like a contest is going on to see which drunk can talk the loudest.

Another one of my irks is the amount of drunk driving accidents caused by people coming from City Fire, yet, it seems like no regulating agency is doing anything about it.
Does the state have a liquor control board that could pull their license?, or is it controlled by the Developer. Seems to me the Sheriff could pull some strings.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 01-26-2019, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post

My problem with City Fire is the amount of smoke at the bar. Had no idea that statistics are kept about the drunk driving accidents caused by the two bars. What is the source of that information?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2019, 11:08 PM

Seated at the square to listen to music.....Couple brought their stinky dinner from home to eat right there, next to me...Reaching down every few seconds for their drinks, ...Very annoying and inconsiderate, nosily chewing away, burping, talking loud, like they where the only people there...Ready to get up, if they decided to start farting ...
Old 01-27-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
People who write a check at the grocery store, especially in the express line. The express line shouldn't even accept checks.
Being we're in the 21st century, there is no reason for anyone to be writing a check to pay for groceries. No stores should accept checks.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Dum View Post
Being we're in the 21st century, there is no reason for anyone to be writing a check to pay for groceries. No stores should accept checks.
Some who are 80ish and up may either use a check or cash. My parental units only know how to use checks, have zero computer skills, no email addresses. ATM and credit cards are not in their future.

I respect how they choose to still be independent that is familiar. Checks are their comfort zone, I could never chastise them for writing a check, it’s respect that is in my upbringing for my elders.

It is a skill set I passed on to my children, and grandchildren, that not only should you respect their elders, they are a wealth of information that you will never find in a text book.

Last edited by asianthree; 01-27-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, message, send, matter, speed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.