The Lady Lake meeting to discuss the Paradise Dr. Cart Access

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
So you actually agree with me. Didn't say I was unhappy, not at all !!! You said exactly what I stated, I quote you, "Mr. Morse did not give you anything "
He gave you an opportunity to buy in here and enjoy this wonderful lifestyle. If Mr Morse had not given us that opportunity, we would not have so many of the things that we happily pay for.

And I don't understand all of this home prices here being higher than everywhere else. I've look around and I don't see it. But if it is true, it comes down to the most three important things in real estate, location, location and location.

Nor do I understand the complaining about utility bills being higher here. My water and electric are less here than any place I've ever lived.

Mr Morse has made billions by giving people the opportunity to have a wonderful lifestyle for a reasonable price. If the cost of living here was not a good value, 100,000 people would be living elsewhere.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I did not say I did not enjoy living here, Why is it so difficult to understand I was responding to another post in which the auther praised Gary Morse for what he had given that poster. The key word was given, I have not been given anything, I pay Mr Morse and others a premium for my lifestyle here. I provide employment, I keep restaurants in business, I keep medical facilities humming, golf courses etc etc etc
I understand your point but here is where I differ. Yes, we pay for our homes and yes, we pay amenity fees etc. However Mr Morse came up with a unique life style which is unavailable anywhere else that I know of. He has put forth an amazing amount of cash investment, time and inguneity to make
TV what it is today. He might have made a lot of money and he might not have made a lot of money. It was HIS gamble. Because he is a smart business man TV has grown to over 100,000 people and he as made a lot of money. That was no accident. So I say he "gave" us something that we cannot find elsewhere. Yes, we pay for it but without his concept, investment and management, it would not be available to us. Is he infailable or perfect? No, but who is?
Is it the best thing I have found? YES!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
He gave you an opportunity to buy in here and enjoy this wonderful lifestyle. If Mr Morse had not given us that opportunity, we would not have so many of the things that we happily pay for.

And I don't understand all of this home prices here being higher than everywhere else. I've look around and I don't see it. But if it is true, it comes down to the most three important things in real estate, location, location and location.

Nor do I understand the complaining about utility bills being higher here. My water and electric are less here than any place I've ever lived.

Mr Morse has made billions by giving people the opportunity to have a wonderful lifestyle for a reasonable price. If the cost of living here was not a good value, 100,000 people would be living elsewhere.
Thank you for a voice of reason!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Gold member
Smile My Last Comment

Quote:
No, you tell me, I am interested in what Mr Morse has "given" me as compared to what I pay to have. I don't think my comments were so much complaints as they were in response to another's posting about what Gary has "given" me. Given, as in free, no cost.
I am going to give it a rest with this last comment. We have been dancing around the word "given" too long. Many went into the attack mode when I said Mr. Morse had not given me anything. I stand by those words. Mr. Morse created a product, I bought into that product and am happy here. So put your weapons away and end the attack. On the other hand, when I think of a developer "giving" to his development residents, Del Webb just up the road, is a good example. Del Webb Residents were GIVEN the streets and all amenities with the exception being the championship golf courses. Good night all !!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Its time to pull the plug on this thread.................................
Old 08-21-2013, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Sounds like Del Webb has given away all of his headaches. Now the community is going to have to have some kind of board made up of residents that have no experience in property management to take care of all the problems and expenses that come with owing streets and rec centers.
He kept the golf courses, of course, because they make a lot of money.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:50 AM
TOTV Moderator

Original point has been discussed fully. Civil discussions regarding other topics can be accomplished via starting new threads.

This thread is now closed.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.