The Lady Lake meeting to discuss the Paradise Dr. Cart Access

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdV View Post
Click on this link for a great interactive view of the multi-modal paths throughout the villages. They're not golf cart paths but the paths used for transportation throughout the entire area.

Carting The Villages -Home
Here's my opinion for what its worth and a whole bunch of years in engineering that I'm trying to forget. Those paths were designed for safe transportation by Golf Cart and are an integral part of the existing road way system. If Tax free Bond money was used to build them they fall into the same category as the road way. You can scream all you want about private property but I believe you'll loose the argument. If I was in the Villages I'd be pushing for some sort of Trail Sticker that you can purchase to aid in the maintenance fees for these paths. I also believe the Villages would have the authority to put that into effect. Just like Fruitland Park has a similar system. If they were private property you could use gates along the path to limit access into the individual neighborhoods which don't exist.

Again, I will say with all this talk about outside access your eyes are being taken off the original problem. I have a real good idea what this is about. Remember after the resolution surfaced 98-106 the wall came down pronto. But Murray Construction tried to get a permit for demoing the site and building a house. That's because the powers in charge who ever they are knows that Lady Lake will most likely not a allow restricted access gate, if a gate at all. They want this gate closed. Look at the whole picture and follow the money. Work together on this or you all will loose the fight.

I'm pretty much done with this as I believe this horse has been beat to death. Send me a direct message if you wish to discuss this with me but I'm done after this post.

My concern is at the Wal-Mart end and keeping that open because I like going to all the stores on the North East side of the gate. As for going into the villages I think going over that bridge is an accident waiting to happen. I'll drive my car its safer.

Good luck to all.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Default Villagers Access?

Can a Villager with a golf cart access Stonecrest or Spruce Creek without being a resident of either community?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NEWCOMER View Post
Can a Villager with a golf cart access Stonecrest or Spruce Creek without being a resident of either community?
Yes, if you go through the front gate and get a gate pass. Access to the Restaurant and Golf are open to the public. No one will stop you if you cruse the neighborhood.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Gold member

So far, none of you have addressed specifically the numbered items I have listed, other than rhetorical pot shots.

If you'd like to debate the issues, that's fine but let's do so intelligently shall we?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
Yes, if you go through the front gate and get a gate pass. Access to the Restaurant and Golf are open to the public. No one will stop you if you cruse the neighborhood.
How do you get a gate pass?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
So far, none of you have addressed specifically the numbered items I have listed, other than rhetorical pot shots.

If you'd like to debate the issues, that's fine but let's do so intelligently shall we?
I politely asked you if you have gotten a professional legal opinion from a local attorney, or are your posts solely your own opinion...There was no rhetoric or "pot shot" involved. Again, are your opinions and statements based on a lawyers professional opinion, and if so, please name him or her.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Just show up in your car or golf cart and say you're going to the golf course or the golf course restaurant. That's all. Our by-laws mandate that.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Here's my opinion for what its worth and a whole bunch of years in engineering that I'm trying to forget. Those paths were designed for safe transportation by Golf Cart and are an integral part of the existing road way system. If Tax free Bond money was used to build them they fall into the same category as the road way. You can scream all you want about private property but I believe you'll loose the argument. If I was in the Villages I'd be pushing for some sort of Trail Sticker that you can purchase to aid in the maintenance fees for these paths. I also believe the Villages would have the authority to put that into effect. Just like Fruitland Park has a similar system. If they were private property you could use gates along the path to limit access into the individual neighborhoods which don't exist.

Again, I will say with all this talk about outside access your eyes are being taken off the original problem. I have a real good idea what this is about. Remember after the resolution surfaced 98-106 the wall came down pronto. But Murray Construction tried to get a permit for demoing the site and building a house. That's because the powers in charge who ever they are knows that Lady Lake will most likely not a allow restricted access gate, if a gate at all. They want this gate closed. Look at the whole picture and follow the money. Work together on this or you all will loose the fight.

I'm pretty much done with this as I believe this horse has been beat to death. Send me a direct message if you wish to discuss this with me but I'm done after this post.

My concern is at the Wal-Mart end and keeping that open because I like going to all the stores on the North East side of the gate. As for going into the villages I think going over that bridge is an accident waiting to happen. I'll drive my car its safer.

Good luck to all.

I'm so very tired of this too, Steve.

But EdV is fanning the flames to keep a public gate into and through a private Village neighborhood. It's EdV's perogative as Stonecrester to fight for a ruling that would enhance his community and others but I really don't think The Villages residents are fully aware of the ramifications of a ruling in favor of removing the gate from that area.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyCajunPugs View Post
I politely asked you if you have gotten a professional legal opinion from a local attorney, or are your posts solely your own opinion...There was no rhetoric or "pot shot" involved. Again, are your opinions and statements based on a lawyers professional opinion, and if so, please name him or her.
They are my opinions based on many years as a resident in this tri-county community. If you see things differently why not address each one with your own view of it?

I'm willing to discuss it. Are you?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie View Post
EdV, why don't you explain to The Villages residents how a determination in favor of Stonecresters using The Villages private golf cart paths by the powers that be, sets a new precedent for accessing The Villages.

If this access that Stonecrest is insisting upon is allowed in The Villages, more lawsuits would most likely ensue from abutting properties claiming entitlement to public access to anywhere in The Villages on Village private cart paths.

Villagers, that sucking sound you would be hearing is lost value of your property. Public access to your private cart paths through our neighborhoods by surrounding communities such as Stonecrest, Wildwood, Spruce Creek, perhaps Fruitland Park would devastate The Villages as our community was never meant to handle the volume of traffic from neighboring golf carts.

I stated earlier that you can't un-ring a bell and EdV, I think you're very aware that a ruling in your favor could not be upheld for Stonecresters only.
Yup. A few folks have brought up that concern throughout the various threads, but they've been ignored. Hopefully this post will get the attention of all Villagers, including those who don't have a problem with a "few Stonecrest" residents having golf cart access.
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post

Drive to the Stonecrest front gate and just ask for a pass and tell them where you are going. The restaurant, golf course, and sales center all open to the public. There is also a garage sale once a year that the general public is allowed to come into and buy some one else's junk. The pass will have a date. With autos I believe they take the license number. I don't have the front gate number so you could call them. If you have friends that live in Stonecrest you can be put on their list and then you can come in anytime to visit otherwise they need to call the gate to give them your name so they will be expecting you. We've had a change in the security company so I'm not sure what else they may or may no be doing. I'm up here in Ohio for the summer and will be back in September. Hopefully to a a more peaceful area neighborhood. Life is just to short to get all upset about the little things.
Gold member

Quote:

EdV, which are the rhetorical pot shots and not addressing the issue at hand?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:12 PM

I truly believe that the WALL had nothing to do with Stonecrest & everything to do with the new Harbor Chase facility being built.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
They are my opinions based on many years as a resident in this tri-county community. If you see things differently why not address each one with your own view of it?

I'm willing to discuss it. Are you?
Since your opinions are stating "legalities" without the benefit of legal training or professional legal opinions, there is no reason to debate with you. The law and the lawyers will prevail and determine what will be done regardless of anyone's feelings or opinions of a non legal nature. That is typically what always happens. I think you need to be careful of quoting legalities without the knowledge or training to do so. But good luck to you as well as TV'ers tommorrow. I am sure a legal and just solution will be accomplished.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Default Villagers access?

Quote:
So its a gate community and you have to get a PASS to access your community. "Access to the Restaurant and Golf are open to the public." So The Villages is a gated communtiy and your need a Village residents pass to access through the gate. The problem sounds to me that the residents of Stonecrest/Spruce Creek have more to lose than The Villagers. You have access across 441/27 at a certain location that we don't have. We have the golf cart bridge over 441/27 build by the developer. Sound to me like Stonecrest/Spruce Creek want a free ride without paying the bonds/amenity fees. Correct me if I'm wrong!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.