Lady Seeking Friendship

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2021, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts
Default Because

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
After thinking about the OP's original post for a few days, I find it becoming more and more strange. I've been wondering to myself why she has thrown her situation out to the public -- here on a public forum, although she is totally anonymous.

If she is on this website she has, at least, a smattering of knowledge regarding the Internet. I question why she has not gotten herself on a few of the senior websites where she can state whatever she wants about herself and exactly what she is seeking. What she would do with responders and how she would answer them is no different than what she would do anyway -- there, here on this site or wherever.

Logic also tells me and anyone with one iota of sense that to meet anyone in a new community, you have to make yourself available and join clubs, groups, the pool, the squares for evening entertainment, etc. The avenues for meeting people in this area are endless.

So I ask myself . . . What is the OP's post really about?
Yes -- I find it all very strange.
it was another avenue of meeting people and just maybe some nice men PM her and if she gets one nice friend from this it will be worth having to read some pretty awful posts along with the nice ones
Old 10-16-2021, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
LOL, you mean she should have pulled out her pearl handled hand gun from her purse and reply, “Why yes, I have protection.”? When he asked her if she brought protection.
that was my 1st thought, LOL
Old 10-16-2021, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
How does a man see you as an easy target for support? Do you flaunt your wealth? If so, try not being too obvious. You can now forget about finding someone that fits the bill here as you just let everyone know just how comfortable you are so chances are anyone that sends you a PM will be just the type of guy you don't want.
you shared the best advice yet--be yourself, & don't 'show' wealth. i found my hubby through the want ads, lol, long before the age of the pc. i let him do all or most of the talking & learned what i needed to know. final thought: your mate will come along when least expected, best of luck to ye~!
Old 10-16-2021, 10:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

///
Old 10-16-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The OP is asking guys for advice on finding a man. So, to be perfectly honest, my only advice is that, for a woman to advertise upfront that she is not interested in physical intimacy, is a bad idea. That is my two cents, which, on this topic, is probably not even worth two cents.
At least she's honest up front and got that out of the way. Not my cup of tea but she will be for someone
Old 10-16-2021, 03:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The OP is asking guys for advice on finding a man. So, to be perfectly honest, my only advice is that, for a woman to advertise upfront that she is not interested in physical intimacy, is a bad idea. That is my two cents, which, on this topic, is probably not even worth two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKMUP View Post
At least she's honest up front and got that out of the way. Not my cup of tea but she will be for someone
Hmmmm . . . Well, uhhhh. Oh, never mind!
Old 10-16-2021, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

She is asking anyone on here as there are many women users of Talk of the Villages. I have had a few of them come up to me and ask me if I was "Tal". These were ladies I never saw before and the two I am thinking if had been in Minnesota for work.

I have also ran across many people who have lived in, worked or, at least, visited Reno, Nevada or near there like at the Air Force Base at Stead, Nevada.

And she seems to be saying she is looking for something meaningful more than just a hook-up.

Quote:

Hmmmm . . . Well, uhhhh. Oh, never mind!
Old 10-17-2021, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
After thinking about the OP's original post for a few days, I find it becoming more and more strange. I've been wondering to myself why she has thrown her situation out to the public -- here on a public forum, although she is totally anonymous.

If she is on this website she has, at least, a smattering of knowledge regarding the Internet. I question why she has not gotten herself on a few of the senior websites where she can state whatever she wants about herself and exactly what she is seeking. What she would do with responders and how she would answer them is no different than what she would do anyway -- there, here on this site or wherever.

Logic also tells me and anyone with one iota of sense that to meet anyone in a new community, you have to make yourself available and join clubs, groups, the pool, the squares for evening entertainment, etc. The avenues for meeting people in this area are endless.

So I ask myself . . . What is the OP's post really about?
Yes -- I find it all very strange.
Well if you are interested one can PM the OP, then all your questions and concerns could be answered.

Many new people have met using this forum, for years. Some to start a new club, some looking for a workout buddy, and some for just friendship.

One can have a deep personal friendship without any intimacy. Happens everyday, my best friend for over 30 years is gay, I can’t think of a time when they weren’t by my side in my sadness or my happiness moments

Last edited by asianthree; 10-17-2021 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Questions and Concerns? Nope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Well if you are interested one can PM the OP, then all your questions and concerns could be answered.

Many new people have met using this forum, for years. Some to start a new club, some looking for a workout buddy, and some for just friendship.

One can have a deep personal friendship without any intimacy. Happens everyday, my best friend for over 30 years is gay, I can’t think of a time when they weren’t by my side in my sadness or my happiness moments
I did not say I was "interested," and certainly not interested enough to send the OP a PM. All I said was that I found her post "strange." Any question on my part was rhetorical (refer to my comment, "So I ask myself . . ."). "Concerns?" I didn't have any.

"Many new people have met using this forum?" Some perhaps, but that was not anything I mentioned. I also did not mention anything about intimacy or a homosexual relationship either. If you garnered up any of those things from reading my comment, then the onus is on you because none of those things even entered my thought process or were part of it, and certainly were not part of the written word.

Tags
lady, seeking, companionship, male, men

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.