TOTV and the never ending project

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Veteran member
Default TOTV and the never ending project

My day: I need to finish this project. Maybe I'll work from home so I can concentrate. First I need to clean my desk. I suppose I should check my email. It's cold today. Wonder what the temperature is in TV? In the 70's. Nice. Wonder if I got a response from my post last night on TOTV about wood floors and termites? I'll check quickly but I won't look again. Hm-m-m maybe I'll read a few of the latest posts, but only the interesting ones. They are all interesting. I won't respond to anything. Well, maybe I'll respond to just this one. 8 hours later -- desk a mess, have responded to 8 posts, read most everything that is there. Project not finished. Maybe I should work at home tomorrow so I can concentrate.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 11-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: TOTV and the never ending project

TOTV is kind of addictive. :joke: I am zeroing in on 450 posts now over the 3.5 months or so I have been on TOTV. Actually, that is kind of low for me and Internet activity but I am also busy reading others posts on TOTV. And, I too have a lot of stuff I am supposed to be doing on my own massive project.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Veteran member

What's the massive project about T?
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 11-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Sage

Noooooooo don't ask TAL about the project. I'm begging you!

TAL - If you do answer - remember - short and sweet!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Gold member

Another Linda, your post was wonderful. I can identify with it 100%. :bigthumbsup:

Hyacinth Bucket

Old 11-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Linda, did u check your email yet?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
What's the massive project about T?
It's about my and others' bugging of librarians, politicians, lawyers and the like about access to practical materials for victims of crimes. Been doing this since 1991.

Just saw the movie Gone Baby Gone. It goes a little into why such information might be useful but also a threat to the powers that be. Some of the police departments I have contacted since 1992 have said as much, i.e. about the mixed benefits and liabilities to such information.

Gone Baby Gone had a complaint from a cop about jurors seeing too much CSI like shows. The uninformed are easier to manipulate.

Internet resources like Findlaw :bigthumbsup: also make people a little more informed.

On a side bar--Gone Baby Gone is a good movie except it has an awful lot of extremely bad language plus it is often hard to understand some of their Boston-- and it sounded like a particular part of Boston-- accents.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Sage

Good response TAL - to the point!

Being a Boston person i can tell you the accent is supposed to be Charlestown/Southie accent. Mostly Irish neighborhoods but as usual it is very exaggerated. They all speak like only a very few. Good book by a local, Dennis Lehane. I haven't seen it yet but his other work - Mystic River was very good.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
Good response TAL - to the point!

Being a Boston person i can tell you the accent is supposed to be Charlestown/Southie accent. Mostly Irish neighborhoods but as usual it is very exaggerated. They all speak like only a very few. Good book by a local, Dennis Lehane. I haven't seen it yet but his other work - Mystic River was very good.
Have not read the book Mystic River yet. Did like the movie. Clint Eastwood's later work in his career is really excellent.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut
Linda, did u check your email yet?
Well, sorta. On Monday I deleted all the emails from African ministers of finance wanting help with $$, cute Russian babes wanting to show me a good time, and drug companies. Then I very carefully marked the others with labels such as "Important" "To Do" "Urgent". Yesterday I paid the price for Monday's TOTV sloth and vowed to mend my ways. You can see how long my vow lasted!

Q: What is a Syracusan's favorite wine?
A: I wanna go to Florida. (works better when you hear it.)

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 11-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by another Linda
Well, sorta. On Monday I deleted all the emails from African ministers of finance wanting help with $$, cute Russian babes wanting to show me a good time, and drug companies. Then I very carefully marked the others with labels such as "Important" "To Do" "Urgent". Yesterday I paid the price for Monday's TOTV sloth and vowed to mend my ways. You can see how long my vow lasted!

Q: What is a Syracusan's favorite wine?
A: I wanna go to Florida. (works better when you hear it.)
I am jealous. I do not get any e-mails from hot russian babes. :joke:
Old 11-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Veteran member

Tal -- your spam filter must work better than mine.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by another Linda
Tal -- your spam filter must work better than mine.
I do not look at what the spam filter gets very often. Just zap all of them without opening them. Think what I might be missing? Hot russian babes, the e-mails from Lagos, and many adds for all types of drugs.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Gold member

Hi Another Linda,

I agree with you. The number of spams I get in my in box at times can be more than 50 at one time. I have to check my spam box quite a few times a day, as I get email in there that should not be there.

I once kept a count on the number of spam pieces I got in one day and it was over 300. I think I am on everyone's spam list and then they sell the address so I get even more.

I will never finish all of my projects, no matter how hard I try.

Hyacinth Bucket
Old 11-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket

I will never finish all of my projects, no matter how hard I try.

Hyacinth Bucket
And I guess that's good, isn't it? But time to stop day dreaming and off to work.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.