Lake Sumter parking for airport shuttle?

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2019, 12:14 PM
Default Lake Sumter parking for airport shuttle?

My husband is going to call the shuttle company, but I thought I'd also post here. When you get an Orlando airport shuttle from Lake Sumter Landing, and drive your car to the square, is there an area you can leave your car without getting a ticket for overnite parking?

Keith has been in our newly purchased home for 2 weeks. He's flying up to our sold house in DC next week in the evening, picking up the U-Haul the next morning, and we'll then both be driving down to be permanent residents in TV. He would like to drive to Lake Sumter Landing, leave the car overnite, get the shuttle to the airport, we'll be back in a day and 1/2 to pick up the car.

Can we leave it at Lake Sumter Landing without it getting towed or a ticket?
thx!,Suzanne
Old 04-13-2019, 12:41 PM

Villages Transportation can pick you at your home. When you return, a cab will be waiting at the bus station to take you home. I think it costs $30 round trip. Better to leave the car in your garage.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:04 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarron01 View Post
My husband is going to call the shuttle company, but I thought I'd also post here. When you get an Orlando airport shuttle from Lake Sumter Landing, and drive your car to the square, is there an area you can leave your car without getting a ticket for overnite parking?

Keith has been in our newly purchased home for 2 weeks. He's flying up to our sold house in DC next week in the evening, picking up the U-Haul the next morning, and we'll then both be driving down to be permanent residents in TV. He would like to drive to Lake Sumter Landing, leave the car overnite, get the shuttle to the airport, we'll be back in a day and 1/2 to pick up the car.

Can we leave it at Lake Sumter Landing without it getting towed or a ticket?
thx!,Suzanne
Call Village Airport Van 241-2000 they will pick you up at your house and drop you off at curbside check-in at the Airport for $40.Some posters on here are too busy to spend an extra few minutes in the Van but your car will be safe in your garage. Len & Mary
Old 04-13-2019, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

A neighbor usually will drop you off, I know I do it for my neighbor.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Best service in the Villages
They will pick you up at your door and drop you at your Airline $50 for a single and 45 for 2 or more

Creative Concierge | Problem Solved
Old 04-13-2019, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

My awesome neighbor gave me a ride to the van last month.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:27 PM

Thanks for all the responses! Looks like we'll go w/Keith getting picked up at the door, and leaving the car in the garage. And looks like we'll have to start expecting "service" and "nice" to be the norm. Don't want to impose on the neighbors yet, but can you believe that a couple already told us about their xmas party where everyone in the neighborhood is invited, and it's already on our calendar?

Sure, we'll have that starry look in our eyes for awhile after living here, but can you blame us?! I bike commute in DC and, on my way in on Friday, rode by 5 people ( 3 walkers, 2 cyclists), and NONE responded to my "good morning!". I've been practicing my greetings for the past yr, knowing how outgoing and cheery everyone is in TV. : )
Old 04-13-2019, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarron01 View Post
Thanks for all the responses! Looks like we'll go w/Keith getting picked up at the door, and leaving the car in the garage. And looks like we'll have to start expecting "service" and "nice" to be the norm. Don't want to impose on the neighbors yet, but can you believe that a couple already told us about their xmas party where everyone in the neighborhood is invited, and it's already on our calendar?

Sure, we'll have that starry look in our eyes for awhile after living here, but can you blame us?! I bike commute in DC and, on my way in on Friday, rode by 5 people ( 3 walkers, 2 cyclists), and NONE responded to my "good morning!". I've been practicing my greetings for the past yr, knowing how outgoing and cheery everyone is in TV. : )
This is SO true. I took a walk around the block last time I was at the house, and got waved and "helloed" to by a dozen people either on their front lanais or walking their dogs. One guy was working on his garden and I said hello, and he said something back but I didn't hear him. So I approached, and he told me about his garden. I told him I'm the new kid in town and how hard it was to figure out what kind of furniture to get on a limited budget.. he gave me a tour of the inside of his house, and pointed out that pretty much every piece of furniture he owned, was from a consignment shop.

I was gobsmacked, really - inviting a perfect stranger into your home to show off the furniture. What was weirder was - I gladly complied! The Villages is a whole nother world, where "nice" is a requisite. Very refreshing.
Closed Thread

Tags
lake, car, shuttle, sumter, leave

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.